Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Lev Bronstein » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Not about us but Kelvin MacKenzie's article in The Sun today about Ross Barkley...wow.

Disgusting and shameful excuse for a piece of journalism.

mckenzie is a grade a twat
but if that article is racist then i'm a chinaman!

Comparing Barclay, whose father is Nigerian, to a gorilla is pretty racist in my book
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:50 pm

City64 wrote:Kelvin MacKenzie has been suspended by the Sun Newspaper over said article .

MacKenzie is a proper horrible cunt of the highest order , he just cant help himself it seems !

I wonder why the Sun would do that; after all, they're just a shameless excuse for a newspaper ?? They might be worried about any potential litigation being directed their way.

Mackenzie is a grotesque caricature of a human being but, sadly, he seems to be typical of many of the journalists we find ourselves afflicted with today.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
City64 wrote:Kelvin MacKenzie has been suspended by the Sun Newspaper over said article .

MacKenzie is a proper horrible cunt of the highest order , he just cant help himself it seems !

I wonder why the Sun would do that; after all, they're just a shameless excuse for a newspaper ?? They might be worried about any potential litigation being directed their way.

Mackenzie is a grotesque caricature of a human being but, sadly, he seems to be typical of many of the journalists we find ourselves afflicted with today.

Calls for the Sun editor to be sacked / suspended aswell MC as the article would have been proofed / edited . All kicking off tonight ......... the Sun and the city of Liverpool have "history" .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
PrezIke wrote:Not about us but Kelvin MacKenzie's article in The Sun today about Ross Barkley...wow.

Comparing Barclay, whose father is Nigerian, to a gorilla is pretty racist in my book

it's his grandfather actually
not that really makes any difference
but i honestly don't think that the article warrants police investigation for racism
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:19 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

it's his grandfather actually
not that really makes any difference
but i honestly don't think that the article warrants police investigation for racism

Ah well, if it's just his grandfather that's ok then
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:40 am

Wouldn't it depend whether he knew Barkley's grandad was Nigerian or not? If he didn't know, how would that be racist?

Whatever, it is a despicable character assassination on a young lad who hasn't done a great deal to warrant it. The bloke wants sacking anyway.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:53 am

All on the eve of the Hillsborough tragedy aswell . Dispicable by the Sun yet again , there agenda with the city of Liverpool has no limits .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:26 am

Chelsea TV being broadcast by SSN currently, Jimmy Floyd pimping for Terry in between absurd chav propaganda blurts as cued by the appalling shoutywotton in each topic under 'discussion' - it's actually quite amusing.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:11 am

Anyone would think it's Derby Day looking at some of the click bait on News Now this morning..........

Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:19 pm

I kid you not.

Take a deep breath and just read the BBC's thread on the game tonight . Were City playing ?

Edit :

Oh and McNulty is another useless git at the Beeb.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:17 am

I notice in the match report on the Sky app, Fellaini was sent off after a coming together of heads with Aguero. Clearly not the headbutt i saw then. My mistake
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:59 am

nottsblue wrote:I notice in the match report on the Sky app, Fellaini was sent off after a coming together of heads with Aguero. Clearly not the headbutt i saw then. My mistake

Rag at work agrees, it wasnt a head butt, they both pushed their heads together.

Un fuckin believable
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby sidSmith » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:36 am

gmercer1 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:I notice in the match report on the Sky app, Fellaini was sent off after a coming together of heads with Aguero. Clearly not the headbutt i saw then. My mistake

Rag at work agrees, it wasnt a head butt, they both pushed their heads together.

Un fuckin believable

They've been complaining today that aguero dived and that how can someone's hair coming into contact with you hurt. Deluded twats.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 am

Gary Neville is a cunt, only this.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:36 am

Rags celebrating a hard fought 0-0 at the Etihad today , it's there biggest result of the season and they only had 10 men as bog brush got sent off for nothing . In the cold light of day this is how far the rags have fallen and this totally untrue pedalled shite from the rag media is somehow acceptable to them . Laugh it all off lads they are SHITE every fan apart from the rags knows they ARE SHITE and a million miles away from being top quality and a threat .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 am

City64 wrote:Rags celebrating a hard fought 0-0 at the Etihad today , it's there biggest result of the season and they only had 10 men as bog brush got sent off for nothing . In the cold light of day this is how far the rags have fallen and this totally untrue pedalled shite from the rag media is somehow acceptable to them . Laugh it all off lads they are SHITE every fan apart from the rags knows they ARE SHITE and a million miles away from being top quality and a threat .

And yet they are 1 point behind us and 2 goals worse off.

WTF does that tell us about our own team this season ? Im fuckign underwhelmed this season and have already wrote it off.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:19 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:Rags celebrating a hard fought 0-0 at the Etihad today , it's there biggest result of the season and they only had 10 men as bog brush got sent off for nothing . In the cold light of day this is how far the rags have fallen and this totally untrue pedalled shite from the rag media is somehow acceptable to them . Laugh it all off lads they are SHITE every fan apart from the rags knows they ARE SHITE and a million miles away from being top quality and a threat .

WTF does that tell us about our own team this season ? Im fuckign underwhelmed this season and have already wrote it off.

And as they keep pointing out the have two (one and a bit) trophies with a great chance at a third. This season has been dreadful.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 am

london blue 2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

And as they keep pointing out the have two (one and a bit) trophies with a great chance at a third. This season has been dreadful.

It has been a dreadful season.....there can be no argument.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Thereare2 statements that piss me off that are regularly used by managers, the media and the supposed expert pundits, I even regularly see them on here;
1) "He got the ball"
2) "He never touched him"

The laws of the game are quite clear and make no mention of the ball whatsoever. Neither is it necessary to make contact with a player to foul him/her.

The crucial factor in a challenge is INTENT. What was the intent of the player when making the tackle. Whether he got the ball, the ball and player, or the player, not the ball or missed both the player and the ball is irrelevant. If his intention was to foul the player or the challenge was a dangerous one, it is a foul.

Whether the bog brush made contact or not with Aguero is also irrelevant. It was clearly his intention to either head butt Aguero or threaten to head butt Aguero. That is sufficient for the offence to be committed.

I hate saying this, but last night the referee was right. Those expert pundits are fukkin dildos who have spent a lifetime playing the game, without either knowing the laws or lying through their back teeth to the public.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 pm

john68 wrote:Thereare2 statements that piss me off that are regularly used by managers, the media and the supposed expert pundits, I even regularly see them on here;
1) "He got the ball"
2) "He never touched him"

The laws of the game are quite clear and make no mention of the ball whatsoever. Neither is it necessary to make contact with a player to foul him/her.

The crucial factor in a challenge is INTENT. What was the intent of the player when making the tackle. Whether he got the ball, the ball and player, or the player, not the ball or missed both the player and the ball is irrelevant. If his intention was to foul the player or the challenge was a dangerous one, it is a foul.

Whether the bog brush made contact or not with Aguero is also irrelevant. It was clearly his intention to either head butt Aguero or threaten to head butt Aguero. That is sufficient for the offence to be committed.

I hate saying this, but last night the referee was right. Those expert pundits are fukkin dildos who have spent a lifetime playing the game, without either knowing the laws or lying through their back teeth to the public.

Spot on.

I hate the way that pundits and so called experts spout their bullshit opinions like it is fact. Neville is one of the worst for it, consistently defending unsportsmanlike behaviour as if its good play. Proper C***.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum