Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 15, 2022 8:34 pm

john68 wrote:
I once asked why a foregn guy supported the rags. He answered that he liked English football and as his national TV only ever showed the rags or Dippers his choice of clubs was rather limited.

Yes, but why? That's the million-dollar question.
I can confirm that I've seen City once in Romania in the 90s, and another time before 2004.

I am speaking from the point of view of a country that was very limited football-wise until 1989. After that, romanians had a colossal hunger to see football on tv, but they were fed by the rising media with the rags & scouse, barca & real.
I wrote here, I found out we were relegated in 2001 two weeks later after someone told me. Had no way of knowing with all of the rags/scouse games on the telly.

Now the local broadcaster here for the Premiership is owned by Eurosport (for 5 years now). Every game in the Pep era the commentators mention about the money Pep spent on defence (money that are mostly fake news).
I am 100% convince they are getting the brief from the main station of Eurosport, which is owned by Warner Bros.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 16, 2022 2:26 am

I think the cult appeals to a particular type of person or personality. They are already that type so being part of that cult thing attracts them. The same elements that religion fastens on to.

Basically people incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions and those who think they are always right despite massive bodies of evidence to the contrary.

There are sadly a lot of people like this.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Hazy2 » Mon May 16, 2022 9:03 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:I think the cult appeals to a particular type of person or personality. They are already that type so being part of that cult thing attracts them. The same elements that religion fastens on to.

Basically people incapable of taking responsibility for their own actions and those who think they are always right despite massive bodies of evidence to the contrary.

There are sadly a lot of people like this.

Agreed. On a 1-1 rags and dippers are the same entitled pricks. Arsenal the same. We get more crap than a club that has been involved in 2 games where folk died. I will never get my head around that. I once posted on here a quote from one of my brothers. “ once you share Wembley with the Vermin you will get why United’s hatred is so deep. Cult who have no shame. Scousers have perfected the victim act.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Mon May 16, 2022 9:09 am

Victims.

“The incident stretches back to 2013 when Liverpool is alleged to have hacked a player database used by City scouts. Reports last year stated that the case between the two clubs had been settled for a $1.3 million compensation payment by Liverpool, but that the Reds never accepted any liability or wrongdoing.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 16, 2022 10:58 am

Mase wrote:Victims.

“The incident stretches back to 2013 when Liverpool is alleged to have hacked a player database used by City scouts. Reports last year stated that the case between the two clubs had been settled for a $1.3 million compensation payment by Liverpool, but that the Reds never accepted any liability or wrongdoing.

I was looking a few days ago about Heysel and somehow ended on the Independent and read this title.
Heysel disaster 30th anniversary: Liverpool have seen too much tragedy to forget that fateful day in Belgium

Had to read it twice and still couldn't believe it. They caused "the tragedy" ffs!
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Mon May 16, 2022 11:01 am

They had one of the booing Wembley dipper hoard on TS just now, fortunately incomprehensible.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dimples » Tue May 17, 2022 1:57 am

It just keeps getting more rediculous.
Listened to a radio show on the PL run-in.

An injured Salah is not really a problem for Liverpool anymore. Because Diaz steps in to fill the role, ('he is that good') and having 'that' front five gives them incredible depth.

Diaz has played approx 12 PL games.
He looks very good. So have others who burst on the scene and then faded as soon as opponents worked them out (after approx 20 games).
The same show stated that VVD and Allison were the best in the world in their positions.

I still think Liverpool are fucked.
Diaz could easily have second season syndrome.
Liverpool are unlikely to stump up the wages required to keep Salah and Mane, if they leave that is a hole they cannot fill. Anyways, both are getting old in football terms, even if they stay they are in decline.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 19, 2022 6:56 am

A manual on how to take points off city.

Are the media biased like pep said? Surely not...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... l-day.html
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Thu May 19, 2022 7:20 am

Original Dub wrote:A manual on how to take points off city.

How insulting to Premier League managers :lol: “YOU don’t know how to beat City but Kishan Vag does” :lol: I wonder why he/she/it isn’t managing in the Prem and sweeping all the trophies up.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 19, 2022 7:32 am

Benitez claims Klopp would be able to sign ‘nothing’ with his Liverpool budget in jealous rant
- Football365

WOW.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Thu May 19, 2022 7:44 am

PeterParker wrote:
Benitez claims Klopp would be able to sign ‘nothing’ with his Liverpool budget in jealous rant
- Football365

WOW.

What’s Kishan Vag of the Daily Mail think?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 19, 2022 8:36 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
- Football365

WOW.

What’s Kishan Vag of the Daily Mail think?

That Klopp got all of his players from the academy.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 19, 2022 8:38 am

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:A manual on how to take points off city.

How insulting to Premier League managers :lol: “YOU don’t know how to beat City but Kishan Vag does” :lol: I wonder why he/she/it isn’t managing in the Prem and sweeping all the trophies up.

I'm normally a fan of a bit of Vag.

But this one is a stinky Vag
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu May 19, 2022 12:58 pm

Dippers planning parade win or lose CL final v Real - :

Liverpool have confirmed they will hold a victory parade in the city regardless of the result of the Premier League title race and Champions League final.
The side will parade around Liverpool on 29 May, the day after they face Real Madrid in Europe's biggest match.
They currently remain in the hunt for an unprecedented quadruple, having already secured the FA and League cups.

It’s the anniversary of the Heysel disaster - :

Heysel Stadium disaster
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to navigationJump to search
Heysel Stadium disaster
Date 29 May 1985; 36 years ago
Venue Heysel Stadium
Location Brussels, Belgium
Coordinates 50°53′45″N 4°20′3″E
Cause Riot
Filmed by European Broadcasting Union
Participants Liverpool and European supporters, mostly Liverpool fans
Outcome English clubs banned from European competition for five years; Liverpool for six years
Deaths 39
Non-fatal injuries 600
Arrests 34
Convicted Several top officials, police captain Johan Mahieu, and 14 Liverpool fans convicted of manslaughter
The Heysel Stadium disaster (Italian: Strage dell'Heysel [ˈstraʤe ˈdel ˈhaɪzl̩]; German: Katastrophe von Heysel [ˈhaɪzl̩]; French: Drame du Heysel [ɛzɛl]; Dutch: Heizeldrama [ˈɦɛizəlˌdraːmaː]) was a crowd disaster that occurred on 29 May 1985 when mostly Juventus fans escaping from a breach by Liverpool fans were pressed against a collapsing wall in the Heysel Stadium in Brussels, Belgium, before the start of the 1985 European Cup Final between the Italian and English clubs. 39 people—mostly Italians and Juventus fans—were killed and 600 were injured in the confrontation.[1]
Approximately an hour before the Juventus–Liverpool final was due to kick off, Liverpool supporters charged at Juventus supporters and breached a fence that was separating them from a "neutral area". The cause of the rampage has been attributed by eyewitnesses to Liverpool fans who had been drinking heavily.[2] Juventus fans ran back on the terraces and away from the threat into a concrete wall. Fans already standing near the wall were crushed; eventually the wall collapsed, allowing others to escape.[3] Many people climbed over to safety, but many others died or were badly injured. The game was played despite the pre-match incidents by authorities and organizers' joint decision for public policy doctrine reasons[4] after a state of siege was declared in the city,[5] with Juventus winning 1–0.[6]
The tragedy resulted in all English football clubs being placed under an indefinite ban by Union of European Football Associations (UEFA) from all European competitions (lifted in 1990–91), with Liverpool being excluded for an additional two years, later reduced to one,[7] and fourteen Liverpool fans found guilty of manslaughter and each sentenced to six years' imprisonment. The disaster was later described as "the darkest hour in the history of the UEFA competitions".[8]

Classy or what
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 19, 2022 1:04 pm

Heysel? What's that? Never heard of such a thing.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby carolina-blue » Thu May 19, 2022 1:43 pm

PeterParker wrote:Heysel? What's that? Never heard of such a thing.

Pure Class from the scouse there then ,
Tyler will probably call it Vindication for the horrible
Time the dippers endured , Holy fuck Cunts
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby salford city » Thu May 19, 2022 2:36 pm

Just when you think that they could not sink any lower. You would have thought someone would have said something about the date - fuck me
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 19, 2022 4:11 pm

They don't give a flying fuck about heysel and neither does the British media.

I'd love to watch that parade live if all that ends up being on display is the fa and league Cup :lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Thu May 19, 2022 4:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:They don't give a flying fuck about heysel and neither does the British media.

I'd love to watch that parade live if all that ends up being on display is the fa and league Cup :lol:

You forgot the Net Spend Trophy :lol: :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john68 » Thu May 19, 2022 10:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:
I once asked why a foregn guy supported the rags. He answered that he liked English football and as his national TV only ever showed the rags or Dippers his choice of clubs was rather limited.

Yes, but why? That's the million-dollar question.
I can confirm that I've seen City once in Romania in the 90s, and another time before 2004.

I am speaking from the point of view of a country that was very limited football-wise until 1989. After that, romanians had a colossal hunger to see football on tv, but they were fed by the rising media with the rags & scouse, barca & real.
I wrote here, I found out we were relegated in 2001 two weeks later after someone told me. Had no way of knowing with all of the rags/scouse games on the telly.

Now the local broadcaster here for the Premiership is owned by Eurosport (for 5 years now). Every game in the Pep era the commentators mention about the money Pep spent on defence (money that are mostly fake news).
I am 100% convince they are getting the brief from the main station of Eurosport, which is owned by Warner Bros.

Sorry for the delayed response Peter.
The answer is simple. If you show a couple of teams week after week and if the advertising about those clubs is always positive, the sheeple swallow it. Just like the sheeple here in England believe that the rags and dippers wealth grew oprganically and despite being exonerated by CAS, the sheeeple still believe we are the corrupt club. It's because it is an incessant message from the media.
It controls public opinion, it creates markets and audiences to sell to. That created demand increases advertising revenue and therefore increases the profits of all concerned.

The rags, dippers and Arse are media manufactured...and the sheeple follow as sheeple do
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum