Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:33 am

A friend sent me this about Liverpool:
"Copied from a Forest FB page:

So Liverpool, further thoughts....

The common myth is that I don’t like Liverpool and that is totally correct...however my best friends who are fans of that club are decent folk and good friends , the manager seems a good guy and the team are talented and deserve all the accolades.....they have purchased wisely in the transfer market, coached well and built a side over a number of years against a solid plan, which is what so many clubs, like my own have failed to do consistently....what I dislike is the club itself, the supporters, the city and the general arrogance and distain that has been shown to the rest of the footballing community....and here’s why......

Getting the entire English game banned from Europe for six years for their fans being directly responsible killing innocent people at Heysel and the fact that it hardly ever gets mentioned every year, compared to Hillsborough ✅

Denying a host of English clubs the opportunity to play in Europe competition, some of whom have never had the chance since and probably never will again ✅

Damaging the English National team as a result and causing years of self inflicted hurt to this country’s international standing in world football ✅

For their part in the worst footballing disaster this country has ever seen, Hillsborough, and for totally denying ANY responsibility for the outcomes that day, totally disregarded the behaviour of a section of their travelling support some of whom were under the influence of drink and arrived late to the match, instead waging a thirty year legal war on commanding police officer on the day in an attempt to totally exempt themselves......the police were wrong, no doubt, but trying to portray Scousers as angels....come on ✅

Bullying? Heartbreak? Shit? Give me a break...keep waving your flags and pretend the past never happened, pretend the rest of football doesn’t remember......

The karma of course is that you celebrated your first title in thirty years in an empty stadium with piped in crowd noise, and then got to watch as your own supporters, the ones you have excused for years, burn their own city, piss in and smash up shop fronts, attack the police and injure several bystanders .....all in the middle of a global pandemic that has taken nearly 50k lives in this country alone to date....I hope you watched and I hope you were proud of what you represented....

You may be the self styled champions of everything, but to the rest of the football community, you’ll always be remembered as the stain on our game that we’ll never be able to rub clean....one of the biggest and richest football clubs in the world that has spent the last thirty years massively underachieving, year after year, excuse after excuse for failure, spending millions trying to rekindle past eras.....always painting yourselves as the underdog wallowing in the ‘Thatcher Years’, using it as an excuse to boo the national anthem, peddle idle anti establishment bullshit, time and time again and claim their ridiculous scouse independence from the rest of the country......

Who can forget (most of Liverpool has conviently done so) the clubs lack of any sort of response or measurable action in the Mason Holgate racism case involving Roberto Fermino, the various Luiz Suarez racist incidents or the Jon Flanagan domestic violence scandal...the arrogance of the club, believing they have been wronged by history and they somehow are above reproach is one of the many reasons the footballing community holds them in such contempt and will continue to do so....somewhere in Anfield there is a huge fucking carpet with a load of shit swept under it....they have to keep inviting Jan Molby in to sit on the lump to squash it down......

And so, you got there finally...and when you did what happened? Your fans set fire to your own town hall and totally disgraced your city....and we looked on, unsurprised at yet another incident that the media will skirt over, choosing instead to wheel out Phil Thompson, Graeme Souness, ‘Kenny’ and ‘Cara’ to wax lyrical about how their pain and suffering has been extinguished.....try getting battered five nil at Oldham away in league one and you might realise what pain and suffering actually feels like.

You may want to forget the truth, but we never will...."
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby harveytravis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:05 am

You will be remembered as the stain on our game...

Quite eloquent.
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby salford city » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am

It's nice to read a post like that and makes you realise just what the whole of the football community outside of the red scouse thinks of them. Horrible fucking excuses of humanity. Be some fun Thursday night as no way will they not travel to our place
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:31 am

salford city wrote:It's nice to read a post like that and makes you realise just what the whole of the football community outside of the red scouse thinks of them. Horrible fucking excuses of humanity. Be some fun Thursday night as no way will they not travel to our place

They’ll turn up 100%
I just hope GMP won’t pull any punches like Merseyside Police seem to.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:52 am

Mase wrote:
salford city wrote:It's nice to read a post like that and makes you realise just what the whole of the football community outside of the red scouse thinks of them. Horrible fucking excuses of humanity. Be some fun Thursday night as no way will they not travel to our place

They’ll turn up 100%

You know they'll be outside pissed up and complete with pyrotechnics.

And when it all goes tits up, it'll be police brutality, City fans, Rag fans and Everton fans to blame.
The one certain thing is, they'll be the victims
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:01 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

They’ll turn up 100%

You know they'll be outside pissed up and complete with pyrotechnics.

And when it all goes tits up, it'll be police brutality, City fans, Rag fans and Everton fans to blame.
The one certain thing is, they'll be the victims

Drive by red flares.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:07 pm

So very true Plain Speaking

Nottingham as a rule dislike the dippers more than most I find, stemming from the late 70s when they went toe to toe with each other. I know a few ex Forest players and they hate the dippers as well so I guess it isnt just fans who can't abide them
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:40 pm

The entertainment in the streets of Ancoats , Miles Platting and Bradford will be a flashback to the football related violence of the 80s if any numbers of thick as fuck bin dipping cunts turn up to "celebrate" on said streets of afore mentioned districts surrounding the Etihad campus . Some proper sport on offer for bored as fuck blue and red mancs on "their" patch , can see Salford getting involved aswell , them lads never want to miss out on anything going down .........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Crossie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 pm

It’s a fucking game, they won this time. We win it the previous 2 times and 4 times in 8 years. We should be respectful and continue to be professional no matter what goes on off the pitch. We must hold ourselves to the highest standards otherwise we are no better than them.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Scatman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Crossie wrote:It’s a fucking game, they won this time. We win it the previous 2 times and 4 times in 8 years. We should be respectful and continue to be professional no matter what goes on off the pitch. We must hold ourselves to the highest standards otherwise we are no better than them.

Well said
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:16 pm

Crossie wrote:It’s a fucking game, they won this time. We win it the previous 2 times and 4 times in 8 years. We should be respectful and continue to be professional no matter what goes on off the pitch. We must hold ourselves to the highest standards otherwise we are no better than them.

Spot fucking on.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:08 pm

There’s a fine line between being respectful and taking it up the arse on a regular basis.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:30 pm

Mase wrote:There’s a fine line between being respectful and taking it up the arse on a regular basis.

Exactly.

Class went out of the game as soon as bent officials started calling the shots.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:38 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Mase wrote:There’s a fine line between being respectful and taking it up the arse on a regular basis.

Exactly.

I hear what they’re saying and I agree to a certain extent. But we’ve been shat on so many times, and by a team that’s smashed our bus up, robbed our employees, hacked in to our system - at some point enough is enough.

No one is going to congratulate us and call us class for doing a guard of honour. It’s a lose lose situation.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:15 pm

I actually hope the bin dippers coach crashes on the M62 or even better the East Lancs rd in Salford.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Exactly.

I hear what they’re saying and I agree to a certain extent. But we’ve been shat on so many times, and by a team that’s smashed our bus up, robbed our employees, hacked in to our system - at some point enough is enough.

No one is going to congratulate us and call us class for doing a guard of honour. It’s a lose lose situation.

Absolute nonsense, from both of you .

Applauding a bunch of crooks justs gets it over and done with . At least every other club wont have to do it.
We all know how it was got.

Come back stronger
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:24 pm

Not really sure where to post this, but I read it on the BBC website so here it is.

It appears that the issue of biased football commentaries is going to be addressed.

But not in the way you may be thinking!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226508
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:48 pm

patrickblue wrote:Not really sure where to post this, but I read it on the BBC website so here it is.

It appears that the issue of biased football commentaries is going to be addressed.

But not in the way you may be thinking!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53226508

WTAF

Am I in the fucking twilight zone ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby trueblue64 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:42 am

I quit like Danny Murphy after these words.
Murphy went onto explain how some of the Liverpool players being clapped out by Kevin De Bruyne aren’t even fit to lace the Belgian midfielder’s boots.

“Kevin De Bruyne is the best midfielder, probably, in the world, and he’s clapping his hands and giving a guard of honour to players who can’t even lace his boots,” the ex-Reds midfielder added.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity

Postby Two's Kompany » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 am

I see Sky had an interactive Liverpool quiz last night, this on top of interviews with everyone who's ever played for the club and now and advert for our game against them, that doesn't mention us!
I know we all predicted this w*nkfest, but FFS this is unbelievable.
Two's Kompany
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Anyone in a City shirt!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum