Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:50 am

Watch on youtube.com
Sucking up to City.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:31 am

Ferdinand is an ugly fuckin twat! Oh wait...am I allowed to say that?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 am

Mase wrote:Ferdinand is an ugly fuckin twat! Oh wait...am I allowed to say that?

Watch it, you may upset one or two. God help it during the Match Thread today!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:53 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:Ferdinand is an ugly fuckin twat! Oh wait...am I allowed to say that?

I’m at a pissing wedding this evening in Manchester :cry: There is another City fan going so I may sneak off with him and find a bar with it on.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 am

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I’m at a pissing wedding this evening in Manchester :cry: There is another City fan going so I may sneak off with him and find a bar with it on.

I just asked the barman last time I was in that predicament and he opened up a small bar with a tele which I disappeared into. He even came round to serve me beer. Top Blue ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:51 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I just asked the barman last time I was in that predicament and he opened up a small bar with a tele which I disappeared into. He even came round to serve me beer. Top Blue ;-)

Haha class!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:55 am

https://twitter.com/BBCRMsport/status/9 ... 4833753088

Absolute general media love in for us after last nights win at St James,s Park , fantastic headline stuff !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:17 pm

"Mr Weah played for a string of football clubs, including AC Milan, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain, and is the only African footballer to have won Fifa World Player of the Year and the coveted Ballon D'Or, in 1995."
from BBC news on our George's election as President of Liberia - that well-used airbrush at work again - remembering he actually signed for us and was only at loan at the Chavs..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:22 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
"Mr Weah played for a string of football clubs, including AC Milan, Chelsea and Paris St-Germain, and is the only African footballer to have won Fifa World Player of the Year and the coveted Ballon D'Or, in 1995."
from BBC news on our George's election as President of Liberia - that well-used airbrush at work again.

When he is thrown out in a coup after money laundering all their money it will be "ex Man City player"
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Souness, “Nobody would have said that this time last year.”
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mase » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:51 am

Eric Harrison, head coach of the mincers of 92 has been given an MBE....WTF?!!!

For what? Answer is because he’s got dementia. Fuckin joke! “Services to football” fuck off!!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:16 am

Mase wrote:Eric Harrison, head coach of the mincers of 92 has been given an MBE....WTF?!!!

For what? Answer is because he’s got dementia. Fuckin joke! “Services to football” fuck off!!!

Pointless. He won't even know he's got the sodding thing anyway.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:11 am

Wow, you can feel the bitterness spilling off the page.
John Aldridge

John Aldridge: My Liverpool team of 1988 would have matched Pep Guardiola's Man City
Everyone is rushing to crown Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City team as the best we have seen in English football history, but people have short memories when they jump to that conclusion. 
Take nothing away from City, they are a top side with an excellent manager and after a decade of obscene money flowing in from their Arab investors, there would be something wrong if they were not a very good team at this stage.
A part of me will never be comfortable with the reality that City are only sitting where they are now on the football landscape due to the manipulation of our game by billionaires who have an agenda that doesn’t really make any sense to me.
Some have raised suspicions over why a guy like Roman Abramovich has thrown so much money at Chelsea or the Abu Dhabi-based group that owns City are so keen to spend billions on football, but there is nothing we can do about that.
They are using monopoly money and don’t care how much they spend, yet Liverpool and the rest have to try and compete with them or they will take the game away from the rest.
That’s why Liverpool had to pay a crazy £75m fee to sign Virgil van Dijk, with the owners of Paris Saint-Germain, Man City and Chelsea changing the game with their big spending madness. 
These people are using football to spread their assets and clubs like Chelsea and City and enjoyed plasticised success as a result in the last few years, but let’s not get carried away with Guardiola and his class of 2017/18 just yet.
If they get to the end of the season with more than 100 points on the board, 100 goals scored and have three or four trophies in their cabinet, then we can start to assess whether they are the best team of all-time.
The brilliant Liverpool team I was proud to be a part of in the late-1980s would have relished the chance to take on this City side and even if I am biased, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have given plenty of problems.
We defended from the front and had a wonderful work ethic, with a side featuring the combined talents of Jan Molby, John Barnes, Ray Houghton and Peter Beardsley turning in some performances in the 1987/88 season that were a match for what we are seeing from City now.
I was no fan of the United teams that dominated the Premier League for 20 years during Alex Ferguson’s reign at Old Trafford, as those of us with Liverpool blood coursing through our veins hated the success they enjoyed.
Yet you look back at a team with Peter Schmeichel in goal, Jaap Stam in defence, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham in midfield and Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole up front and they would be a match for City.
Also, the Arsenal team that went through the 2003/04 season unbeaten - led by Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry - would have pushed this City side back onto their heels and I still feel we haven’t seen them tested properly by their current Premier League rivals.
We have seen their defence making some big mistakes on the few occasions teams have got at them this season, but too many of City’s rivals are going into games feeling beaten before they go into games against them.
Liverpool were testing City before Sadio Mane was sent off at the Etihad Stadium back in September and since that decision, Guardiola’s side have gone on this incredible run of wins that has all-but wrapped up the title for them.
Let’s see what happens when City come to Anfield on January 14th as Jurgen Klopp’s side will not be afraid of them and as they showed again at Bournemouth, they are tearing teams apart with their attacking power consistently now.
Against teams that come out and play against them - which City certainly will next month - Liverpool have proved they can test any defence and while that game at Anfield may finish 5-5, I can’t wait to see how it plays out.
For now, we need to acknowledge the quality of the football we are seeing from City, but they need to win the title two or three times, pick up a few domestic cups and win the Champions League a couple of times before they can be hailed as the best English team of all-time. 
Last edited by Original Dub on Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Original Dub

Postby ayrshireblue » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:59 am

PrezIke wrote:

Souness, “Nobody would have said that this time last year.”

It's not Souness it's Jeff Stelling that says that.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:11 am

Caught the end of the debate programme on Sky the other night. The guests on the show were asked for their most memorable moment from the year.

Strachan said when Griffiths equalised for Scotland v England

Townsend went for Edersons 70 yard goal kick straight to Sterling on the right wing v Spurs as it was something never before seen in England and that it offers another huge option for us

Bellamy went for our victory at the swamp as it signified a tangible switch in power across the city and one that the rags and Mourinho in particular, are still getting to grips with
nottsblue

Postby Justified logic » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:Wow, you can feel the bitterness spilling off the page.
John Aldridge

John Aldridge: My Liverpool team of 1988 would have matched Pep Guardiola's Man City
Everyone is rushing to crown Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City team as the best we have seen in English football history, but people have short memories when they jump to that conclusion. 
Take nothing away from City, they are a top side with an excellent manager and after a decade of obscene money flowing in from their Arab investors, there would be something wrong if they were not a very good team at this stage.
A part of me will never be comfortable with the reality that City are only sitting where they are now on the football landscape due to the manipulation of our game by billionaires who have an agenda that doesn’t really make any sense to me.
Some have raised suspicions over why a guy like Roman Abramovich has thrown so much money at Chelsea or the Abu Dhabi-based group that owns City are so keen to spend billions on football, but there is nothing we can do about that.
They are using monopoly money and don’t care how much they spend, yet Liverpool and the rest have to try and compete with them or they will take the game away from the rest.
That’s why Liverpool had to pay a crazy £75m fee to sign Virgil van Dijk, with the owners of Paris Saint-Germain, Man City and Chelsea changing the game with their big spending madness. 
These people are using football to spread their assets and clubs like Chelsea and City and enjoyed plasticised success as a result in the last few years, but let’s not get carried away with Guardiola and his class of 2017/18 just yet.
If they get to the end of the season with more than 100 points on the board, 100 goals scored and have three or four trophies in their cabinet, then we can start to assess whether they are the best team of all-time.
The brilliant Liverpool team I was proud to be a part of in the late-1980s would have relished the chance to take on this City side and even if I am biased, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have given plenty of problems.
We defended from the front and had a wonderful work ethic, with a side featuring the combined talents of Jan Molby, John Barnes, Ray Houghton and Peter Beardsley turning in some performances in the 1987/88 season that were a match for what we are seeing from City now.
I was no fan of the United teams that dominated the Premier League for 20 years during Alex Ferguson’s reign at Old Trafford, as those of us with Liverpool blood coursing through our veins hated the success they enjoyed.
Yet you look back at a team with Peter Schmeichel in goal, Jaap Stam in defence, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham in midfield and Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole up front and they would be a match for City.
Also, the Arsenal team that went through the 2003/04 season unbeaten - led by Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry - would have pushed this City side back onto their heels and I still feel we haven’t seen them tested properly by their current Premier League rivals.
We have seen their defence making some big mistakes on the few occasions teams have got at them this season, but too many of City’s rivals are going into games feeling beaten before they go into games against them.
Liverpool were testing City before Sadio Mane was sent off at the Etihad Stadium back in September and since that decision, Guardiola’s side have gone on this incredible run of wins that has all-but wrapped up the title for them.
Let’s see what happens when City come to Anfield on January 14th as Jurgen Klopp’s side will not be afraid of them and as they showed again at Bournemouth, they are tearing teams apart with their attacking power consistently now.
Against teams that come out and play against them - which City certainly will next month - Liverpool have proved they can test any defence and while that game at Anfield may finish 5-5, I can’t wait to see how it plays out.
For now, we need to acknowledge the quality of the football we are seeing from City, but they need to win the title two or three times, pick up a few domestic cups and win the Champions League a couple of times before they can be hailed as the best English team of all-time. 

Scousers are natural comedians.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:27 pm

Justified logic wrote:Scousers are natural comedians.

On which subject I had thought good Xmas comedy was long dead. Until I saw Mkitarian play against Southampton. Fucking hell :D
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:39 pm

John Aldridge is just a very bitter bell end. Billions of Arab money have pushed up prices forcing Liverpool to pay £75m for VVD. Fuck off you rat eating, bin dipping chav
nottsblue

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 pm

"Obscene money from their Arab investors".

Absolutely stinks of racism at worst and hatred at best.

What's the relevance of where our owners are from in this context?
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Original Dub wrote:"Obscene money from their Arab investors".

Absolutely stinks of racism at worst and hatred at best.

What's the relevance of where our owners are from in this context?

Totally Agree . What’s the diff between “Arab” money to “ American” money to “ Russian money “
To “Asian money “ Fucking Prick Scousers really are the most two faced Cunts on the planet .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum