Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm

Mirror,s head sports writer Andy Dunn who is a Liverpool fan has wrote his usual dignified and high quality article in todays Sunday Mirror . He has spotlighted Klopp,s failings yesterday and seriously questions his tactics then also points out out how city were down to 10 men v Everton the other week and we changed tactics and battered them ........... Dunn points out Klopp waved the white flag and took off his most creative player Salah . Then going onto city are a "stellar" team who play beautiful football .

How refreshingly honest , top man scouser Andy Dunn !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:05 pm

City64 wrote:Mirror,s head sports writer Andy Dunn who is a Liverpool fan has wrote his usual dignified and high quality article in todays Sunday Mirror . He has spotlighted Klopp,s failings yesterday and seriously questions his tactics then also points out out how city were down to 10 men v Everton the other week and we changed tactics and battered them ........... Dunn points out Klopp waved the white flag and took off his most creative player Salah . Then going onto city are a "stellar" team who play beautiful football .

That's exactly what I just wrote in the other thread. Taking Salah off was a coward's decision and they deserved everything they got.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:06 pm

City64 wrote:Mirror,s head sports writer Andy Dunn who is a Liverpool fan has wrote his usual dignified and high quality article in todays Sunday Mirror . He has spotlighted Klopp,s failings yesterday and seriously questions his tactics then also points out out how city were down to 10 men v Everton the other week and we changed tactics and battered them ........... Dunn points out Klopp waved the white flag and took off his most creative player Salah . Then going onto city are a "stellar" team who play beautiful football .

Refreshing indeed. That's exactly what happened. Klopp wrote the game off at half time and his team followed suit.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:13 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:That's why I know it was deliberate. Because you don't control a ball in the world with your foot like that. His studs were up for one reason.

I don't think it was deliberate I would expect all of our players to go for the same ball. I'd also expect them to see red if they kicked the oppo keeper in the head.

He had a choice and he chose the wrong option. The off the floor Kung Fu type position was because he already knew he wasn't getting there, that's why he flung himself that way to get the ball, otherwise he has no chance at all.

He was probably a little pissed off that Eddie had come out a couple of times to clear and thought this would stop him coming again, I'm not sure, but one thing is definite, he knew he wasn't getting to that ball ahead of Eddie.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:23 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I think it is admirable the pain some people here subject themselves to for our club.

As Iranaeus correctly observed long ago, our life is a vale of soul-making

That's absolutely fascinating JC.

I've just been 'Googling' on Iranaeus after reading your post as, after racking my brains, I could only remember coming across it via Keats who, himself, reckoned that "the world was a vale of soul making", rather than "our life" being that.

Keats was obviously paraphrasing the much earlier work so, many thanks to you for raising this in the first place, as I've just spent an enjoyable time reading about said Iranaeus, of which I previously knew absolutely nothing. :) :)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby BookJunior » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I think it is admirable the pain some people here subject themselves to for our club.

I've just been 'Googling' on Iranaeus after reading your post as, after racking my brains, I could only remember coming across it via Keats who, himself, reckoned that "the world was a vale of soul making", rather than "our life" being that.

Keats was obviously paraphrasing the much earlier work so, many thanks to you for raising this in the first place, as I've just spent an enjoyable time reading about said Iranaeus, of which I previously knew absolutely nothing. :) :)

Clever bloke that JC. The early church was full of similar people. St Cyprian and Augustine also spring to mind.

EDIT: His name is spelt Irenaeus.
BookJunior
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:39 pm

BookJunior wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Clever bloke that JC. The early church was full of similar people. St Cyprian and Augustine also spring to mind.

EDIT: His name is spelt Irenaeus.

Thanks for the spelling correction BJ. As I said, I knew nothing about him until now.

You're certainly right about JC; he seems to have a vast and profound knowledge of many many things.......he makes me sick :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

( just joking JC :roll: :roll: :roll: )
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:20 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mase wrote:Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

FFS his reaction and the way he didn't argue with the ref he knew what he'd done.

He had a glance to see where the goallies was first so it looked to me like he knew exactly what he was doing. Perhaps not the kick to the face but he was certainly going to take out Ederson.

There's an outside chance he was trying to toe poke it over Ederson and continue past him to an open goal but misstimed it - that's the small benefit of the doubt I'm giving him.

If he had managed to do that wouldn't it be a foul anyway for a high foot, they give fouls for foot up anything above the knee,
Not one pundit has mentioned this as far as I can tell !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:21 pm

Bloody hell, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I'd Irenaously ventured on to ecumenicalhistoryfans.net.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:26 pm

So it wasn't a red then RAT BOY ?

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:30 pm

mr_nool wrote:Bloody hell, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I'd Irenaously ventured on to ecumenicalhistoryfans.net.

I think it should be a case of Goodnight Irenaeus then :P
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mase wrote:Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

FFS his reaction and the way he didn't argue with the ref he knew what he'd done.

He had a glance to see where the goallies was first so it looked to me like he knew exactly what he was doing. Perhaps not the kick to the face but he was certainly going to take out Ederson.

There's an outside chance he was trying to toe poke it over Ederson and continue past him to an open goal but misstimed it - that's the small benefit of the doubt I'm giving him.

If he had managed to do that wouldn't it be a foul anyway for a high foot, they give fouls for foot up anything above the knee,
Not one pundit has mentioned this as far as I can tell !

I'm not sure on the rules to be honest. The benefit of doubt I'm giving him is over intention - it's not even in dispute that it was a straight red and dangerous play.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:57 pm

mr_nool wrote:Bloody hell, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I'd Irenaously ventured on to ecumenicalhistoryfans.net.

Otherwise known as the 'Off Topic' section ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:59 pm

And anyone questioning the red card because of Matt Ritchie only getting a yellow today is an idiot.
Mane was running at full speed towards Ederson – the risk for injury was huge. Any sane person would have pulled his both in, not to risk killing the opponent. Some ex-players, the MotD pundits included, say that Mane had to go for the ball. Yes, perhaps, but with his chest or his head. Putting his booth up was a cowardice thing to do. He chose risking to hurt Ederson, because he didn't want to be hurt himself.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:01 pm

mr_nool wrote:And anyone questioning the red card because of Matt Ritchie only getting a yellow today is an idiot.
Mane was running at full speed towards Ederson – the risk for injury was huge. Any sane person would have pulled his both in, not to risk killing the opponent. Some ex-players, the MotD pundits included, say that Mane had to go for the ball. Yes, perhaps, but with his chest or his head. Putting his booth up was a cowardice thing to do. He chose risking to hurt Ederson, because he didn't want to be hurt himself.

+1
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm

And all this fuss just to hand-hold the dipper fans.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
mr_nool wrote:And anyone questioning the red card because of Matt Ritchie only getting a yellow today is an idiot.

+1

That absolutely sums it up for me.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Justified logic wrote:And all this fuss just to hand-hold the dipper fans.

That's a statement not a question JL.
Are you coming round to our kind of thinking?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:36 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:And all this fuss just to hand-hold the dipper fans.

That's a statement not a question JL.
Are you coming round to our kind of thinking?

All this fuss in the media is about consoling the dippers after that blasting, keeping them interested and clicking and watching for the advertising data. I don't see it as particularly anti-City.
Justified logic

Postby freshie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:37 pm

I think Ritchie should also have received a red card. His actions were just as reckless as Mane's
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum