Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:05 pm

city72 wrote:Surprised at lescott towing the line and predicting Liverpool as champions this year, Micah and Michael brown go city

He probably thinks that we have a way to go to resolve our defensive problems.
He would be right.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 pm

Just reading predictions for this year’s premier league, Rudd Gullit thinks City will win, this is what he says about LiVARpool -:

Ruud Gullit: I saw Liverpool against Arsenal in the Community Shield and I understand it was pre-season but they could not play their normal game. Without it, without their anger and their speed, we saw they are not much better than the other top sides.
I didn't think Liverpool could do it twice - win the Champions League in 2019 and then the Premier League in 2020 - and keep playing the way they did for so long. It was quite remarkable they did it, because that pressing game is hard to do for so many games. The most difficult thing will be to do it again, so I am going with City to win the title - but I thought the same last year, and I was wrong.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bear60 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:32 am

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Just reading predictions for this year’s premier league, Rudd Gullit thinks City will win, this is what he says about LiVARpool -:

Ruud Gullit: I saw Liverpool against Arsenal in the Community Shield and I understand it was pre-season but they could not play their normal game. Without it, without their anger and their speed, we saw they are not much better than the other top sides.
I didn't think Liverpool could do it twice - win the Champions League in 2019 and then the Premier League in 2020 - and keep playing the way they did for so long. It was quite remarkable they did it, because that pressing game is hard to do for so many games. The most difficult thing will be to do it again, so I am going with City to win the title - but I thought the same last year, and I was wrong.

That last bit made me laugh , I thought the same last year but I was wrong .
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Simister » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:46 am

Turned on TalkScouse this morning and turned off after NINE words...

"My team is mainly made up of Liverpool players"

Welsh accent.

Presumably a dream team.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:05 pm

It’s funny how much talksport try and court Liverpool fans, any self respecting one is boycotting them after they were purchased by the sun newspaper - they may as well double down and join in the hate that the rest of us enjoy
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:50 pm

Wooders wrote:It’s funny how much talksport try and court Liverpool fans, any self respecting one is boycotting them after they were purchased by the sun newspaper - they may as well double down and join in the hate that the rest of us enjoy

Basically bought out by Sky to further their hold on the premier division. Basic bloke gets back home to convince wife that Sky Sport is great while offering Sky Movies as a package, failing to mention the shit Entertainment package you have to subscribe to that costs more than the channels you want.

Profits all determined off where certain overseas clubs are positioned in the league.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:19 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Wooders wrote:It’s funny how much talksport try and court Liverpool fans, any self respecting one is boycotting them after they were purchased by the sun newspaper - they may as well double down and join in the hate that the rest of us enjoy

Basically bought out by Sky to further their hold on the premier division. Basic bloke gets back home to convince wife that Sky Sport is great while offering Sky Movies as a package, failing to mention the shit Entertainment package you have to subscribe to that costs more than the channels you want.

Profits all determined off where certain overseas clubs are positioned in the league.

Sky Signature - basic package enshrines US principles - make the jerks pay more for less
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:21 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Sky Signature - basic package enshrines US principles - make the jerks pay more for less

Just signed up at twice the price ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:23 pm

Just gone back a few years, interesting read :-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Sacked the satellite and gone with NOWTV sharing cost with in laws two miles away - £16 pm still got Skyfreesat with 300+ channels and the skybox recorder still works too - got BT App sport as a freebie with new hub contract which works on NOWTV as well. Saving of £40 per month
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:10 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Sacked the satellite and gone with NOWTV sharing cost with in laws two miles away - £16 pm still got Skyfreesat with 300+ channels and the skybox recorder still works too - got BT App sport as a freebie with new hub contract which works on NOWTV as well. Saving of £40 per month

I used to have BT and Sky which cost me approx £120 a month. Cancelled them and went to see a man about a dog who pointed me towards a certain internet based package that costs approx £6.50 a month for over 2000 channels, with approx 100 of which are based on The Premier League.

I refuse to pay huge money for a service that Is based around 2 to 3 clubs and give no credit to those clubs who don’t fit into their red demographic. Pay to watch Neville and Carragher moan and scorn when their teams are losing, fuck that!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:17 am

You know you're getting old when start banging on about savings :lol:
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 pm

Outcast wrote:You know you're getting old when start banging on about savings :lol:

It’s not about the money, mate, it’s the fucking principle.

Twats!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:22 am

This just come on bbc website about Macclesfield Town -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54177582
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:26 am

[quote="Harry Dowd scored"]This just come on bbc website about Macclesfield Town -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54177582[/quote

Feel for them but they were always living on borrowed time. Dont know why the owner wants to wait another eight weeks - not as though he is going to be able to raise the necessary in the current climate and with nothing coming
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:48 am

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:This just come on bbc website about Macclesfield Town -:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54177582[/quote

Feel for them but they were always living on borrowed time. Dont know why the owner wants to wait another eight weeks - not as though he is going to be able to raise the necessary in the current climate and with nothing coming

Sad. Went to school in Macc and always look for their results/defeats
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby sheblue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:23 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:This just come on bbc website about Macclesfield Town -:

Have we got the blame yet?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:39 pm

sheblue wrote:

Have we got the blame yet?

Give it time
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:07 am

Nobody seems to have told Baghead or the BBC about Sancho, Chilwell, Abrahams breaching lockdown yet ...how odd
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:47 pm

Wee Irish girl, 9 years old wins City shirt design competition, City must have a Dublin fan club -:

https://www.balls.ie/premier-league/dub ... kit-450125
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum