Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/comment-pep-guardiolas-exploding-ego-was-exposed-on-wednesday-night-and-it-was-ugly-to-behold-36368226.html

Pep is not Mourinho and likening him to Jose’s antics is offensive and mischievous to say the least, but I do agree that it is not Pep’s place to coach other teams players and I wish he’d stop.
Redmond does seem complimented by his words but as he stated, he was doing as instructed by his manager and I personally think that has nothing to do with Pep, other than how to coach our own team to combat it.

If it was the other way around we wouldn’t enjoy it.

My tuppence worth is concentrate on our own.

I think your missing the point IWT 2012. Pep also had a go at several saints players throughout the game over their wasting time tactics and feigning injury to break down play , it started as early as the 9th minute ! The media have managed to just focus on Redmond at the end of the game so not telling the whole story , it is easy to manipulate the facts they do it all the time to brainwash people . Now then Saints play the rags , spurs , arsenal and the chavs this month it would be good if saints had a go at them after Peps pep talk wouldn't it ? Clever lad is Pep in the big picture of things and he only serving our cause the best way he can . He is loving his role as the PL top manager btw the guy is in his element , all good the rest are lagging behind . Brilliantly respectful the statement Nathan Redmond put out last night aswell .

No I get the point and love his enthusiasm, City64. The thing is an opponent player will go out and do what he is instructed to do and not what Pep tells him he should be doing.
Call it mind games, psychology or whatever, but I think he should thread carefully. All I can see happening is him getting up the nose of the player’s manager.
Nool argues as much on the other thread and I agree with him.

And take this emotion away from football you have nothing https://twitter.com/Beardamendi/status/ ... 1283614720
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:38 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/comment-pep-guardiolas-exploding-ego-was-exposed-on-wednesday-night-and-it-was-ugly-to-behold-36368226.html

Pep is not Mourinho and likening him to Jose’s antics is offensive and mischievous to say the least, but I do agree that it is not Pep’s place to coach other teams players and I wish he’d stop.
Redmond does seem complimented by his words but as he stated, he was doing as instructed by his manager and I personally think that has nothing to do with Pep, other than how to coach our own team to combat it.

If it was the other way around we wouldn’t enjoy it.

My tuppence worth is concentrate on our own.

I think your missing the point IWT 2012. Pep also had a go at several saints players throughout the game over their wasting time tactics and feigning injury to break down play , it started as early as the 9th minute ! The media have managed to just focus on Redmond at the end of the game so not telling the whole story , it is easy to manipulate the facts they do it all the time to brainwash people . Now then Saints play the rags , spurs , arsenal and the chavs this month it would be good if saints had a go at them after Peps pep talk wouldn't it ? Clever lad is Pep in the big picture of things and he only serving our cause the best way he can . He is loving his role as the PL top manager btw the guy is in his element , all good the rest are lagging behind . Brilliantly respectful the statement Nathan Redmond put out last night aswell .

No I get the point and love his enthusiasm, City64. The thing is an opponent player will go out and do what he is instructed to do and not what Pep tells him he should be doing.
Call it mind games, psychology or whatever, but I think he should thread carefully. All I can see happening is him getting up the nose of the player’s manager.
Nool argues as much on the other thread and I agree with him.

So the opposition manager tells his players to cheat , time waste and fein injury and the home manager just sits back switches off and let his players get frustrated , the home crowd get frustrated and the game deteriorates into a farcical niggly non event despite millions of pounds of world class talent on display , hard working supporters who spend a lot of money attending and travelling to the game getting zero entertainment ???? FUCK THAT !!!! MASSIVE WELL DONE TO PEP for standing against ANTI FOOTBALL SHITE !!! THE ANTI FOOTBALL SHITE THE MEDIA WANT TO DE RAIL US WITH .Pep happened to admire Redmond,s ability and told the young player he is better than that IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT AFTER AN EPIC WINNING GOAL ON FULL TIME . Again PEP remonstrated with several Saints players DURING THE GAME not mentioned by the media WE ALL SAW IT IN THE GROUND . Klopp is animated , so are Conte , Maureen and Wenger as soon as Pep has a moment the whole fucking scum media are ALL OVER HIM !!! Get real Wenger blatantly called Sterling a cheat TWICE , media pushed it under the carpet it was ok with them because it is City and Raheem Sterling ........AGENDA RAISING ITS HEAD AGAIN . Look into the big picture of this whole situation .......... the last kick winner was like a wasp sting with these media cunts !

All true City64. The agenda hasn't gone away, it's just difficult for them to find anything to berate us over the way we're playing at the moment.
That's precisely why I say he should thread carefully.
He's a passionate bloke and it's hard to contain your emotions in such circumstances as that late winner, but he's a professional, long enough at it to know that it's a fine art, threading a fine line, between getting your point across and falling foul of a system that would like to see you fail.

You've hit the nail squarely on the head above. There is nothing much wrong in his interaction with Redmond by all accounts, but the MEDIA are the problem.

I don't know if they all have the same influence as last year, but the likes SKY certainly are still well in there.
The media are trying to put across a view that Pep is treated different to other managers, although using ridiculous analogies to do so.
As you state above the fact is City are not treated the same as other teams in general as we have seen repeatedly through the years, mainly due to the imbalanced coverage we get with any incident involving us.

I have no beef with Pep. I think he is doing ridiculously well. I think what he is doing with our players is incredible.
The problem with refereeing seems to have been tackled (hopefully). We are getting praise in many credible areas of the media and the list of admirers was seemingly growing. I know they're a fickle lot but still. I'd like to see us stick to this.
Concentrate on us. Don't get drawn into potential controversy with opposition managers or players, that may damage us on the pitch.
I think telling an opposition player he's wasted playing like his manager wants him to, falls into that category.

At the end of the day though, if he gets results from this doing it whatever way he wants and gets away with it, well who am I to give a damn.

Like Dory said to Nemo....
Just keep winning, just keep winning...

Or was that swimming?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 pm

My tuppence worth is concentrate on our own.[/quote]
I think your missing the point IWT 2012. Pep also had a go at several saints players throughout the game over their wasting time tactics and feigning injury to break down play , it started as early as the 9th minute ! The media have managed to just focus on Redmond at the end of the game so not telling the whole story , it is easy to manipulate the facts they do it all the time to brainwash people . Now then Saints play the rags , spurs , arsenal and the chavs this month it would be good if saints had a go at them after Peps pep talk wouldn't it ? Clever lad is Pep in the big picture of things and he only serving our cause the best way he can . He is loving his role as the PL top manager btw the guy is in his element , all good the rest are lagging behind . Brilliantly respectful the statement Nathan Redmond put out last night aswell .[/quote]
Nool argues as much on the other thread and I agree with him.[/quote]

All true City64. The agenda hasn't gone away, it's just difficult for them to find anything to berate us over the way we're playing at the moment.
That's precisely why I say he should thread carefully.
He's a passionate bloke and it's hard to contain your emotions in such circumstances as that late winner, but he's a professional, long enough at it to know that it's a fine art, threading a fine line, between getting your point across and falling foul of a system that would like to see you fail.

You've hit the nail squarely on the head above. There is nothing much wrong in his interaction with Redmond by all accounts, but the MEDIA are the problem.

I don't know if they all have the same influence as last year, but the likes SKY certainly are still well in there.
The media are trying to put across a view that Pep is treated different to other managers, although using ridiculous analogies to do so.
As you state above the fact is City are not treated the same as other teams in general as we have seen repeatedly through the years, mainly due to the imbalanced coverage we get with any incident involving us.

I have no beef with Pep. I think he is doing ridiculously well. I think what he is doing with our players is incredible.
The problem with refereeing seems to have been tackled (hopefully). We are getting praise in many credible areas of the media and the list of admirers was seemingly growing. I know they're a fickle lot but still. I'd like to see us stick to this.
Concentrate on us. Don't get drawn into potential controversy with opposition managers or players, that may damage us on the pitch.
I think telling an opposition player he's wasted playing like his manager wants him to, falls into that category.

At the end of the day though, if he gets results from this doing it whatever way he wants and gets away with it, well who am I to give a damn.

Like Dory said to Nemo....
Just keep winning, just keep winning...

Or was that swimming?[/quote]
Haha well put as always pal nice one ! Media agenda raising its very ugly head on this almost now non story , the dirty low life scheming is in full swing just before a huge derby the rags simply cannot afford to lose or its all over for them and media will be in a huge hole .............. its all about the £££££££££££s mate and Pep knows the score that's why he is taking them (the media) on ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:09 pm

My battery very low totally fucked up the quotes thing sorry IWT2012 lol
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:01 pm

Seen a piece on fb from sky showing that without raheems goals scum would be top of the league.

What the actual fuck :lol:
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Scatman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:29 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Seen a piece on fb from sky showing that without raheems goals scum would be top of the league.

Had we not scored any goals all season we'd be completely fucked.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby freshie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:51 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Seen a piece on fb from sky showing that without raheems goals scum would be top of the league.

And where would they be without Pookaku's early season goals? What a joke of a broadcaster. How can anyone with an ounce of integrity produce such manure?
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby freshie » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 pm

freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:36 am

Scatman wrote:

And we wouldn‘t be going into Sunday‘s relegation six pointer with wet spam, knowing we are safe from relegation already.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Justified logic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:14 am

Scatman wrote:

And had we been playing all season with 10 men we'd be struggling to maintain a challenge for a CL spot.
Justified logic

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:34 am

I thought the press had improved but the mirror seem to be especially bad what I’d like us to do is keep winning (obviously) and at the same time we ban hostile jpurnos from the Etihad like bacon face did from time to time. He got them in line and that’s why they get a better slant from the press.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby nottsblue » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:41 am

The Mirror is nothing more than a rag fanzine. I wouldn't ever buy a copy or knowingly go on their website.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:50 am

Duncan castles is a very special journalist

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:15 am

Wonderwall wrote:Duncan castles is a very special journalist

I'm not sure 'journalist' is quite the right word for him
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby City64 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:22 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Duncan castles is a very special journalist

I'm not sure 'journalist' is quite the right word for him

Castles is a very special type of rag mong
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:30 am

"Possibly the greatest goal ever scored in this league".
I shit you not...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/rooney-g ... qs5wnw2uou
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 pm

nottsblue wrote:The Mirror is nothing more than a rag fanzine. I wouldn't ever buy a copy or knowingly go on their website.

You're spot on there, it's become so blatant it's embarrassing.
I don't remember it always being that way though, have they got a new raggy editor?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby patrickblue » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Scatman wrote:

And had we been playing all season with 10 men we'd be struggling to maintain a challenge for a CL spot.

And had we have been shite all season, we'd be the rags.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:16 pm

I don’t think Duncan is taken seriously by anyone anymore. Doesn’t he work for Yahoo Sports?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:08 pm

Why hasn't that cunts comments been brought up by the tabloids ? wanting fellow players injured is a new kind of cuntiness.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum