Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:58 am

Outcast wrote:Brilliant

Let's circulate this clown on social media, he's simply after clicks. Him (you only need to see what's in his video background to know what that cunt is all about), fat True Geordie prick, arsehole TV, Reggae sauce shop lifter Calls himself Expressions to name a few...

They all hate city, you know why, attracts more clicks and more dosh from advertiser's.

The thing about gothprick, he's got that face you want to s***k the s**t out of it....

And these fucktards call us plastics!!

That Fat Geordie is the worst of them. So so bitter that we ended up hitting the lotto and Newcastle didn’t. He gets physically angry when he talks about us. Pisses me off that society is making absolute losers like that rich now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:50 am

Have the media decided who we get.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Have the media decided who we get.

They are more interested in Dippers and Chavs .
What a fucking shite UK we have to suffer in .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:25 pm

"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby salford city » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:01 am

Decent post by Mucah on the fabled quad. and how not achieving it should not define our season. Getting the impression from rhe media that they are pushing the impossible to beat us with it and therefore be able to overlook the season's achievements- yes look, another domestic treble, but it's not all 4.
Comes to something when not achieving something that has never been done in english football history is the benchmark
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:23 am

salford city wrote:Decent post by Mucah on the fabled quad. and how not achieving it should not define our season. Getting the impression from rhe media that they are pushing the impossible to beat us with it and therefore be able to overlook the season's achievements- yes look, another domestic treble, but it's not all 4.
Comes to something when not achieving something that has never been done in english football history is the benchmark

Absolutely spot on.

How many other clubs are genuinely in the quadruple conversation. 0. In terms of quality we are seeing something in-cre-di-ble, no premier league team has reached the level of Peps teams. Dippers came close, but had to throw the domestic cups and use inhalers... and look what its done to them now.

I think the media know that we are seeing something special under Pep.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Brennan has wrote a story on the MUEN that Pep has said this is the worst City team he’s had, and pretty much lead with that headline.
That’s not at all what Pep said, he’s basically saying we’ve won nothing yet this season.
A reminder that Brennan is a rag.

Think he was trying to soothe some ruffled red feathers after his last piece - or to be generous maybe his sub was.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n=exchange

That rag is at it again

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... ssion=true
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:20 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:Brennan has wrote a story on the MUEN that Pep has said this is the worst City team he’s had, and pretty much lead with that headline.
That’s not at all what Pep said, he’s basically saying we’ve won nothing yet this season.

Think he was trying to soothe some ruffled red feathers after his last piece - or to be generous maybe his sub was.

That rag is at it again

Pointless story of us having the 4th smallest squad in the league. No one is saying we’ve got a massive squad, but when you’ve got players like KDB, Aguero, Ederson, John Stones, Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo all sat on the bench for an FA Cup QTR final it shows we’ve got a quality squad.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:40 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

That rag is at it again

Pointless story of us having the 4th smallest squad in the league. No one is saying we’ve got a massive squad, but when you’ve got players like KDB, Aguero, Ederson, John Stones, Mahrez, Rodri, Cancelo all sat on the bench for an FA Cup QTR final it shows we’ve got a quality squad.

The point is he's fighting City's corner, as he does consistently.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:59 am

Ah right, I thought you were agreeing with us. I realise you were being sarcastic again with your post.

I won’t argue with you over a United fan haha. Happy reading.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:15 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

That rag is at it again

The point is he's fighting City's corner, as he does consistently.

Since he came on this forum to defend himself from criticism a while back he's tried to write more from the point of view of a City fan (or write to a City fan at least), I think he does a decent job of it.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:03 pm

Dameerto wrote:Since he came on this forum to defend himself from criticism a while back he's tried to write more from the point of view of a City fan (or write to a City fan at least), I think he does a decent job of it.

OK here's the man's vigorous reply to his critics - not seen this before - it rings true
stuart brennan wrote:Right

1. So now you think it’s me that is setting an anti-City agenda, because you deem me to be a United fan! I thought you were implying it was some kind of bizarre MEN policy to do City down. I’d have to be pretty dumb to pursue an anti-City agenda which would be damaging to my company – I suggest they would sack me if that was the case. The only alternative is that the MEN, is deliberately trying to damage its own commercial interests by alienating a substantial number of its customers. It really is idiotic stuff, leo.
The City press office is staffed by very good professionals, people who know the media inside out, and none of them have every suggested to me, or the sports editor, or the editor, that we have an agenda against City.
If they thought we did, they would be after us very quickly. On the contrary, we have a good relationship – they accept that sometimes the MEN will give the club stick, as we are not a mouthpiece for them, and they also appreciate the good, positive coverage which we also give, but which you choose to ignore.
So, are you suggesting City’s press office are abandoning their duty, or maybe they are all Rags, all part of this subliminal plot to destroy City?
2. The Munich chant thing will always draw criticism from the MEN, and from all right-minded people – I know plenty of Blues who are disgusted by it. The stuff about it “not being about Munich but United’s exploitation of the disaster” just doesn’t wash. You should put your energy into stopping it happening rather than whingeing about the MEN reporting on it. I had no input into the two stories you mention, other than confirming to the sports editor that I heard it.
But at that time, the Munich docu-drama was on TV, leading to a lot of debate, and we carried Colin Bell’s plea – not mine, not the MEN’s, but that closet Rag and anti-City agenda merchant Colin Bell.
I honestly don’t recall if it was back page or not, and at the moment have no way of checking, as I have no archive at home.
3. The “lad” who works at the MEN is talking shit, whoever he is. Unless he is the editor, the sports editor, news editor, or sports news reporter Mike Keegan, he wouldn’t be in this made-up loop. I would suggest he is telling you stuff about which he has no clue, to make it sound like he inows what’s going on. At no point in my three-plus years as City reporter have I been told to harden or soften my stance on City – and you would think they would tell me, wouldn‘t you? If you think I’m lying, there is little point in me continuing, as you have got it into your head that there is some kind of weird conspiracy going on, and nothing will convince you otherwise. If you want to call me a liar to my face, I’m in the press box every home game, and would be more than happy to discuss it.
4. WE tried to “throw a spanner in the works”, did we? Again, commercially, City being successful, and Utd being successful, is commercial gold for us. Sales go up, advertising goes up, our profile goes up. We win when City win, and when United win. I wanted City to win the title last year, on a professional level, because it was a great thing to write about, and because there are a lot of people at City, including several players, for whom I have the utmost respect and who I like as people. City doing well over the last two years has been great for the MEN, and for me personally, and we will always support them as a paper – but that doesn’tmean we won’t have a pop when we think things are wrong, and it doesn’t mean we will always get it right. We have made mistakes, but we make them with both clubs – United, and Fergie in particular, think we are pro-City, which is equally laughable.
I’m not going to keep coming back on here, because I suspect I am wasting my breath, but it just takes a bit of sober judgment and perspective to see that we have no agenda.
Oh, those people like Dougie who think “once a United fan, always a United fan” don’t understand the nature of this job.
As a football fan, you only see red and blue, and make your choice. In this job, other factors come into play. I have been up close to United and didn’t like what I saw – I was No. 2 on United a few years ago, and was eventually blackballed by the club for covering the Glazer takeover, and met a lot of people at the club, some who used to be my heroes, who I simply didn’t like.
I have no affection for United now, at all, other than for my memories of years ago, when they were a football club, not a brand. Again, everyone who knows me, red or blue, will tell you that to be the case, and it happened years before I was given the City job, so it isn’t just convenient. I last went to Old Trafford as a supporter in 1989, and I will never go back there other than in a professional capacity.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:34 am

McGuire to pay taxes on image rights ? that is some achievement for him to make money on image rights.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby salford city » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:39 am

zuricity wrote:McGuire to pay taxes on image rights ? that is some achievement for him to make money on image rights.

Not read anything about a Frankenstein remake?
salford city

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:58 pm

Don’t have a go at Stuart Brennan he’s a good guy your right we are under attack by the rag dipper media and they big up the quadruple hoping we fuck up im certain. We need to know who our friends are I hope Stuart understands that there is a sort of rightfully felt paranoia about this and accept my apology for the earlier remarks he’s no a rag ffs.
Anyway eventually it will stop as wre going well and they’ll look like cnuts slagging city off.
CTID
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby salford city » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:21 am

And the winner of stating the bleeding obvious post of the weekend is Jermaine Defoe with his Kane has to leave spurs to win trophies
In other news, plane found in sky
salford city

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:00 pm

Apologies if anybody has read this, not been on here for s few days -:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... n-20269969
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby branny » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:41 pm

salford city wrote:And the winner of stating the bleeding obvious post of the weekend is Jermaine Defoe with his Kane has to leave spurs to win trophies
In other news, plane found in sky

He may win the league Cup and get a taste for it. :lol: I don't see who is going to throw £150m + £10m pa wages at it though in the current climate. He's nearly 28 and under contract until 2024 so I think he's screwed.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:04 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Apologies if anybody has read this, not been on here for s few days -:

Thanks HDS, gave up with MuEN years ago so wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't posted it. Good read that.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby nottsblue » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:32 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Apologies if anybody has read this, not been on here for s few days -:

Thanks HDS, gave up with MuEN years ago so wouldn't have seen this if you hadn't posted it. Good read that.

Nice one HDS

Notice one of the first comments at the bottom of the article was how such an excellent article with a lot of hits was buried.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum