Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:53 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I read the article from Liew yesterday as it came out and wondered what he was talking about. It seemed a very hurtful piece aimed at getting a rouse from the biggest click-bait audience. Looking at it again it seems that he is just an envious fool who doesn't really understand the way football has been for decades now and yearns for the days of old when any club could win the league. Does anybody remember those days, when clubs were all equal, with the same amount to spend and all have a chance to shoot for glory? Thought not.

Interesting that this type of article comes from him now and not when the likes of the Dippers, then the Rags, were hovering up the best talent in order to give them the best chance to win the league. But then, you'd have to have been around at that time to understand how football has been run for years and not just jump on the bandwagon. Cheesy probably sums the fuckers up as there is no way I could see him as a genuine sports journalist.

Oh, and for an ardent campaigner against racism he goes some ways to damaging his image in that article. His rhetoric and the use of the word 'Shmuck' give way to somehow belittling Mahrez and our club, but who cares, eh, just another bitter article for the Rags and Dippers to debate over.

liew is the epitome of the new generation of cunts. a stone thrower who if the table were turned on him would be screaming from the roof tops. the football writers equivalent of that other cunt owen jones.
interesting that when left at the telegraph, he was warned about about the tone of his articles by more experienced, well respected colleagues such as jonathan agnew.
did i also mention that he looks like something you might find in the corner at a special school??
cunt
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Outcast » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:36 am

Mr Liew, I dont want to talk about Chinese contribution to the global environment; killing millions of sharks for their fins (fin soup), killing whales to the point of extinction, killing tigers for their paws, breeding crocodiles to turn them into burgers, the less said about the Chinese vulgar league the better. I could go on but I'm sure you get my drift, this is what a biggot sounds like. To pick on mascots when there are serious global issues need adressing deserves dismissal on grounds of incompetence in football editorial skills.
Mr Liew you sound like a plastic tourist desperate to impress rag media faithful.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:14 pm

Just been watching the 3rd place play off in the WC. The commentator and Hoddle talked about Foden being sent on loan as he won't get any time at City. The commentator contrasted that with Rashford who, apparently, is the Rags most used player last season. Hurrah for the Rags it seems. I just checked the number of minutes played for the Rags last season and Rashford is not even in the top ten. It's fucking disgusting.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:11 am

South Stand Balti wrote:Just been watching the 3rd place play off in the WC. The commentator and Hoddle talked about Foden being sent on loan as he won't get any time at City. The commentator contrasted that with Rashford who, apparently, is the Rags most used player last season. Hurrah for the Rags it seems. I just checked the number of minutes played for the Rags last season and Rashford is not even in the top ten. It's fucking disgusting.

Foden has played more minutes of senior football in his debut season than Messi did in his, both 17. I wonder if Hoddle is aware.

As for the Rashford comparison, why compare the number of minutes a 20 year old got to what a 17 year old got?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Shakermaker90 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:22 am

Foden will surely stay for the season, Pep loves him and he's not looked out of place in our side when he's come on. Training with our squad will do him wonders. At this stage in his development, the big thing is to get him used to the pace of the game and the physicality, to help his decision making, given the squad we've got and the fact that he'll likely get minutes when we're closing Premier League and CL games out, so it's a win-win for him to stay for the first half of the season when there's plenty of games (Can see him starting the League Cup games) year. The club can then review in January if he needs more minutes he can go on loan for the second have of the season to get a bit more experience. Some players look like they need loans to make them, some don't and in my opinion Foden doesn't.

Whilst we're on the subject of football media as per the OP, City have seemingly taken out a loan from Barclays bank...
https://www.otbfootball.net/manchester- ... bank-loan/
Shakermaker90
De Michelis's Pace

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:02 pm

I see the usual slimeballs are on the RAG tour.

Yesterday on TS we had Jamie 'I'm not a rag' Jackson. Today it was the slug. All embedded in the tour. Sickening.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:45 pm

This was nice to see:

Liverpool and Manchester United spending hypocrisy after what they said about Man City

Both Jurgen Klopp and Jose Mourinho have laid into the kind of outlay Manchester City have made - and now it's coming back to bite them.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... y-14941399
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:00 am

BBC sports radio reporting Joe Say as saying that the Rags are the hardest hit in their preparations for the upcoming PL season , because of the world cup.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 pm

zuricity wrote:BBC sports radio reporting Joe Say as saying that the Rags are the hardest hit in their preparations for the upcoming PL season , because of the world cup.

Get your excuses in early.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:58 pm

sheblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:BBC sports radio reporting Joe Say as saying that the Rags are the hardest hit in their preparations for the upcoming PL season , because of the world cup.

Get your excuses in early.

From an article on ESPN

If ever you needed a reminder that the World Cup was over and club football was back on the agenda, Jose Mourinho's typically despondent news conference at UCLA on Wednesday provided it. What a wonderful month it was away from all this gloom but here we are again, gearing up for another season of hand-wringing from football's most incomprehensibly miserable man.

In keeping with his relentlessly sullen demeanour that has defined his time at Manchester United, Mourinho was at his wallowing best, complaining about the squad he has at his disposal, making veiled comments about players and groaning that the Premier League is against him.

Essentially, it smacked of a man who doesn't trust his players and is getting the excuses in early for another season of failure before a ball is kicked. Watching Mourinho brought back memories of David Moyes, who once suggested nefarious tactics were used by the Premier League to conspire against him at United. So there we have it, Mourinho: Moyesian in his outlook. Can there be a bigger criticism?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:02 pm

Arsenal top of the league according to the BBC football website today.

I reckon they‘ll be bottom after their next match.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:50 am

If we started the season with our current team, I can only see us winning the title again.

Liverpool are going to need another £250m to get the required depth to go hard on all four fronts.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:15 pm

DC outdoes himself tonight. He has graded the PL teams transfer windows. We get a C, the same as the rags. I think he just got a dice, said A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 and so on and just rolled it twenty times in a drunken stupor.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:DC outdoes himself tonight. He has graded the PL teams transfer windows. We get a C, the same as the rags. I think he just got a dice, said A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 and so on and just rolled it twenty times in a drunken stupor.

He fails to grasp we're coming from a position of as close to perfection as a team is likely to get (with a relatively young average age in the squad as well), so we were always going to have a quiet window.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Dameerto wrote:
nottsblue wrote:DC outdoes himself tonight. He has graded the PL teams transfer windows. We get a C, the same as the rags. I think he just got a dice, said A is 1, B is 2, C is 3 and so on and just rolled it twenty times in a drunken stupor.

He fails to grasp we're coming from a position of as close to perfection as a team is likely to get (with a relatively young average age in the squad as well), so we were always going to have a quiet window.

Does make me chuckle how we were castigated for spending £200M last summer when we needed to given the ages of the players who were being replaced and the dippers have spent £150M on 2 players, both world records for the positions by the way, and they are lauded and have done brilliantly.

Hypocrisy at its finest
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:36 pm

nottsblue wrote:DC = Deleted Content
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:47 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Does make me chuckle how we were castigated for spending £200M last summer when we needed to given the ages of the players who were being replaced and the dippers have spent £150M on 2 players, both world records for the positions by the way, and they are lauded and have done brilliantly.

Hypocrisy at its finest

Not forgetting the £150 million the season before, on top of the 70 mil before that. Even the Alison deal was brushed under the carpet.

It's obvious that the Dipper media are going balls out to give them the time and take the pressure off but the reality is that the pressure will be there regardless.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:

Hypocrisy at its finest

Not forgetting the £150 million the season before, on top of the 70 mil before that. Even the Alison deal was brushed under the carpet.

It's obvious that the Dipper media are going balls out to give them the time and take the pressure off but the reality is that the pressure will be there regardless.

this is where jose will come in and do a job for us
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:58 pm

DC = Deluded Cunt
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Outcast » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 am

So if the dippers win the title (god forbid), does that mean they bought it or is it down to great signings?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum