Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Blue Jam » Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:58 am

If I remember rightly, it was a tiny amount of Blues who broke the minutes silence.
Linekar et al amplified it through exaggeration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/64878321

More BBC bias.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:31 pm

According to Redknapp we were very lucky today.

How has this clueless mong held a job as a pundit for so long
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:30 pm

Is there actually any difference between the rags and scouse fans and they bayern ones?
Same entitlement, meanwhile here a few things about them after that “smart” banner they had:

https://tbcarchives.org/uefas-investiga ... nich-2009/

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26512965.amp

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/bayern ... e24aec778a

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/bayer-pa ... hree-drugs

https://apnews.com/article/internationa ... d154209880
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:00 pm

See ratboy is offering advice to Arsenal on how to win the PL

Assume he will be extending this "courtesy" to us as well :lol: :lol:
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:See ratboy is offering advice to Arsenal on how to win the PL

Was it similar to how Slur Alice offered advice to PSG on how to beat us that time :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:35 pm

nottsblue wrote:According to Redknapp we were very lucky today.

How has this clueless mong held a job as a pundit for so long

I think he meant it in the context of the last 30 mins, during which we hardly mustered a touch in their penalty area while they scored, hit the post and had a 1 on 1…….it could easily have ended 3-3 !!!
So Pep’s subbing policy could have cost us and he admitted it in his post match interview. Other than Bernie and Alvarez, we were fucking awful and were not managing the game very well. The first 20 mins was electric though. Philips I’m sad to say, even though he seems a nice bloke, is never going to be anywhere near a back up for Rodri. Palmer on the other hand has bags of potential in my view and he needs a run in the team for it to materialise, he just gets a few minutes here and there. If he plays in the cup semi, I will be keeping a close eye and hoping he shines.
If we win the league this year it will be the third on the trot and also the U18 and EDS are poised to do the same. Can you imagine the fuss if that amazing feat was achieved by a red team ?????
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:39 pm

I posted this on FB 8 years ago.....

Written by rag i wrote...

https://www.sport.co.uk/football/owner- ... b5Agt8p.97
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:36 pm

"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:08 am

nottsblue wrote:See ratboy is offering advice to Arsenal on how to win the PL

David Gill’s Mouthpiece. Snidely little shit.
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:47 am

There's a piece on 'The greatest comebacks in chumps league history' from our friends on ordsall quays this morning- they cannot help themselves can they? We are breaking their tiny hearts
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:13 am

salford city wrote:There's a piece on 'The greatest comebacks in chumps league history' from our friends on ordsall quays this morning- they cannot help themselves can they? We are breaking their tiny hearts

Plus "Ederson Worst Season " headline
poor lambs
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 am

Original Dub wrote:https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-41119783.html

Decent that
nottsblue

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:44 am

It is decent Notts and honestly I can't remember reading an Irish paper praising or painting city in a positive light.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:19 am

johnny crossan wrote:
salford city wrote:There's a piece on 'The greatest comebacks in chumps league history' from our friends on ordsall quays this morning- they cannot help themselves can they? We are breaking their tiny hearts

poor lambs

Just saw that on BBC by some no mark Karen Bardsley. Apparently played for City’s womens as a goalkeeper. The state of the womens goalkeepers diving 20 minutes after the ball has passed and she dares to dig out City fans and Ederson! Still can’t believe that people actually pay for a TV license.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:36 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

poor lambs

Just saw that on BBC by some no mark Karen Bardsley. Apparently played for City’s womens as a goalkeeper. The state of the womens goalkeepers diving 20 minutes after the ball has passed and she dares to dig out City fans and Ederson! Still can’t believe that people actually pay for a TV license.

Just read that Bardsley piece right through and she's actually arguing the opposite, laying most of the blame for Ederson's "poor" stats this season on the constantly changing defence in front of him. Since the back 4 has "settled", his stats have been great. She also points out that although some of his metrics are down on previous seasons, he's still up there with the best in the PL.
As for that other "comeback" article, well what do you expect from the bitter MUTV, sorry BBC.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:45 am

I can't tolerate BBC TV news in the morning, Sky's almost as bad and ITV unwatchable so Radio 4 is the last resort, even then it's the gabbling cretin Amol Rajan on shift today and to cap it all David James invited to talk about our game tonight. Two minutes on the Chavs mess and 10 seconds on City including "if you could predict results nobody would watch...."
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:23 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

poor lambs

Just read that Bardsley piece right through and she's actually arguing the opposite, laying most of the blame for Ederson's "poor" stats this season on the constantly changing defence in front of him. Since the back 4 has "settled", his stats have been great. She also points out that although some of his metrics are down on previous seasons, he's still up there with the best in the PL.
As for that other "comeback" article, well what do you expect from the bitter MUTV, sorry BBC.

The fact they’ve just “randomly” put this article out when we’ve got a second leg of a QTR final in the CL is the main issue. Are they not a British media company? Why the negative story on the morning of such a big game for a British club? If they’re obsessed about GK’s why not a story on how Bayern let one of their best players go skiing after the World Cup and now he’s injured for the season.

The sly digs about City fans saying Ederson is a weak link to a treble charge…fuck me its clutching at straws.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby belleebee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:30 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

poor lambs

Yes, the article is more a defence of Ederson than a criticism of him. Even the headline isn’t as misleading as suggested, if you spot the inverted commas around ‘worst’. I doubt that KB would write something that was critical of City or its players - she was with the women’s team for nine years and I think she still is involved with City in some capacity. Fully agree though that the BBC seem to look for any opportunity to denigrate the club and it’s achievements.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:42 am

belleebee wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

poor lambs

Yes, the article is more a defence of Ederson than a criticism of him. Even the headline isn’t as misleading as suggested, if you spot the inverted commas around ‘worst’. I doubt that KB would write something that was critical of City or its players - she was with the women’s team for nine years and I think she still is involved with City in some capacity. Fully agree though that the BBC seem to look for any opportunity to denigrate the club and it’s achievements.
Trust me on this, the choice of "Ederson's Worst Ever Season" as a headline on the day of our historic game is just a small part of the constant stream of putrid anti-City propaganda from that rag & dipper infested BBC Sport cesspit.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby belleebee » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:17 am

johnny crossan wrote:
belleebee wrote:
Trust me on this, the choice of "Ederson's Worst Ever Season" as a headline on the day of our historic game is just a small part of the constant stream of putrid anti-City propaganda from that rag & dipper infested BBC Sport cesspit.

But “Ederson’s Worst Ever Season” isn’t actually the headline, is it? Agree with your sentiments re BBC journalism (and have complained to them about it in the past), but it doesn’t help to use their tactics (involving misrepresentation) to try to make a perfectly valid general point.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum