Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:Well, something has to change in our approach, because the silent approach clearly hasn't worked.

Bacon face did some number on the media. Those who wrote site we're turned away.

Ffs he told the entire BBC to fuck off.

And what did that do for him in the long run in the eyes of the media?

They fucking adored him for it and still do to this day.

Agree with this OD. Thing is the club have used the stay silent approach for a number of years but the "hate" in the media against us has grown to the unprecedented levels we have seen this summer . Maybe once the season starts we can let our results do the talking but I fear the agenda is now so huge it is without doubt having a direct effect on the club and the supporters .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby bayblue » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Just a question....can you find any club whose fans think the media are fair to them??? I can't.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:31 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
harveytravis wrote:
City64 wrote:Get ready for some more serious shit headlines and story lines now we have just been beaten in a friendly in Austrailia by Real Madrid ! It will be gut wrenching without a doubt ..........

DON'T READ THEM

Exactly. People are such little bitches on here about alleged journalism. It's just click bait and horseshit. Go for a walk. Have a wank. Get a pint. Blow your hot neighbor. Whatever works for you.

Cheers

People are such little bitches on here about alleged bias in journalism. Go for a walk. Have a wank. Get a pint. Blow your hot neighbor.

Or just fuck off. That would work for me.

Took the words right out of my mouth ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:32 pm

bayblue wrote:Just a question....can you find any club whose fans think the media are fair to them??? I can't.

That's all well and good but, has any club had to suffer the intensity of animosity towards it, from the media, as City have had to endlessly endure over the last few years ??

If there is such another club, I'd love to know who they are.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:35 pm

bayblue wrote:Just a question....can you find any club whose fans think the media are fair to them??? I can't.

I think the outstanding issue is a large percentage of the media is working against us MCFC and it has been cranked up this summer .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:17 pm

City64 wrote:

I think the outstanding issue is a large percentage of the media is working against us MCFC and it has been cranked up this summer .

That's pretty much it.
I can't help feel that this summer a totally different tactic is being employed because FFP no longer hinders us from acquiring our targets. We are being hindered by the negative press, or so it would seem.

I still think City's silence is the correct approach at the moment. We will not win a battle fought in the media glare. Whether we do or don't get who we want remains to be seen.
Let the battle be won behind the scene. Let the war be won out on the playing field.

The negative media attention will only change when it suits their agenda and their agenda is set by what suits them commercially. Banning one or two journalists won't stop them making up shite about us. They do that at the moment and we tell them nothing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

That's pretty much it.
I can't help feel that this summer a totally different tactic is being employed because FFP no longer hinders us from acquiring our targets. We are being hindered by the negative press, or so it would seem.

I still think City's silence is the correct approach at the moment. We will not win a battle fought in the media glare. Whether we do or don't get who we want remains to be seen.
Let the battle be won behind the scene. Let the war be won out on the playing field.

The negative media attention will only change when it suits their agenda and their agenda is set by what suits them commercially. Banning one or two journalists won't stop them making up shite about us. They do that at the moment and we tell them nothing.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier- ... cid=TSHDHP
Here is yet another ridiculous "read" . They even suggest Aguero is past it ffs !!! Sometimes you have to laff at these cunts ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:38 pm

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:

That's pretty much it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier- ... cid=TSHDHP
Here is yet another ridiculous "read" . They even suggest Aguero is past it ffs !!! Sometimes you have to laff at these cunts ;-)

I'll take your word for it. No offence, but forgive me if I don't actually read it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:26 pm

I've stopped reading the negative shit but this season especially, its been bad. What has to be remembered is that we have taken the Dippers best player which means that they know they are no longer relevant, in the greater scheme.

That's why we're being hammered, its better to keep the Dippers onside than let them walk away. It's all about the circulation and clicks.

Fuck em, rag cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:19 pm

Lots of blues on twitter tonight suggesting the Mirror are threatening legal action against Bluemoon Forum !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:25 pm

City64 wrote:Lots of blues on twitter tonight suggesting the Mirror are threatening legal action against Bluemoon Forum !

They did but they won't. Not allowed to post The Mirror's poisonous stories about us on there now.

Those of us who live over here have seen in the recent General Election that the whole of the media allow the establishment to go completely uncriticized whilst those who seek to replace them are met with hate speech and lies. The same goes for football. It won't change anytime soon.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:31 am

Oooh I wonder if I call the Mirror an aledged bunch of lying click-bait peddling wankers they'll sue me too?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:16 am

Dameerto wrote:Oooh I wonder if I call the Mirror an aledged bunch of lying click-bait peddling wankers they'll sue me too?

How could they, they'd have to prove you wrong.

They lie, they cheat, they print stories that can cost lives. Fuck, they even tap peoples phones yet we are supposed to take these gossip columns seriously?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:03 pm

So we are treated equally then?

There is no agenda. Phew, I was beginning to think there was...
Original Dub

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
City64 wrote:Lots of blues on twitter tonight suggesting the Mirror are threatening legal action against Bluemoon Forum !

They did but they won't. Not allowed to post The Mirror's poisonous stories about us on there now.

Those of us who live over here have seen in the recent General Election that the whole of the media allow the establishment to go completely uncriticized whilst those who seek to replace them are met with hate speech and lies. The same goes for football. It won't change anytime soon.

Absolutely spot on PD.

With regard to the BlueMoon issue, it might actually be a beneficial thing if the Mirror were to try and sue that Forum, as a lot of the untruths printed by that paper, as well as the others, would be publicly highlighted in a Court of Law and, when the case collapsed, it might encourage City to take out litigation measures against various journalists in a sort of reverse process.

I think we've got to make some selected examples of these vermin and start to (legally) rip a few heads off 'pour encourager les autres'.

I've had enough of stoically taking it on the chin and saying and doing nothing.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City should ban wanker reporters from the club...end of.

What exactly do you think that will achieve genius?

The same that fergiescum achieved you fuckign wank stain!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:43 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I don't think it would, Carl.
The media thrived on writing for the Scum support and Fergie's gospel sermon was part of that. With us, they gain more by writing negatively and being banned from City press conferences wouldn't stop them from doing that, in my opinion. Probably would add fuel to their fire.

Having said that I don't disagree with the principal of facing these twats down, but not if it would turn out counterproductive.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Deluded fool
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:32 pm

When you think of how the media work just think 'Sunday Supplement' and imagine them sitting in the bar and not the studio. As they all seem to come out with the same shit they surely must get their heads together to bring the bile they do.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:57 pm

Sky just showing 'four goal hauls' as part of their 23 years of football celebration. What's that I hear you say? Be great to see Dzeko v Spurs and Aguero v Spurs. Not a fuckin bit of it. Stopped at Arshavin v dippers.

Utter cunts
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum