Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:07 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:They really do find it hard to process the reality of Liverpool outspending us, even on a single transfer.

I suppose its completely down to the fact that the minute they don't have the money narrative, they have to admit that we're a more attractive club forbolayers to come to and that would fucking kill them.

I had a dipper trying to explain to me that they were European royalty

I said "like prince andrew"?

:P

Bit harsh on Prince Andrew, if you ask me. Child molester he may be, but that's still not as low as a scouser :lol:

:lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:11 am

I keep seeing post from that Jose Enrique fella against us.
I really can't remember, did he actually play any game in England? :lol:
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:47 am

PeterParker wrote:I keep seeing post from that Jose Enrique fella against us.
I really can't remember, did he actually play any game in England? :lol:

He looks like the lovechild of Fernando Alonso and Rafa Benitez. Just another cock polisher trying to appease the vermins at our expense.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:54 am

Enrique was blow in and he carries on like a born and bred dipper.

He spouts the ynwa, this means more horse shit regularly too.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Dimples » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:31 am

Another Liverpool myth bites the dust with ex-players and media in denial:

Robbie Fowler 26/6:

Liverpool clearly ran some “unemotional calculations” when debating whether to extend Sadio Mané’s contract.
Fowler asks the question, “what calculations have they run on Salah?”
Fowler notes that Salah’s form has dipped considerably in recent months and wonders whether “time is catching up” with the Egyptian international.
In Fowler’s eyes, the question thus has to be, can Salah “stay at the summit of world football well into his 30s, or will he begin to fade?
Fowler is of the opinion that Liverpool “won’t be breaking their wage structure to keep him.” The former England international believes a new deal for Salah “would have happened by now” if Liverpool were willing to hand him the £400,000 a week he desires.
But the issue, as Fowler elucidates, is that is not how Liverpool operate as a footballing institution.
They are not Manchester United. They don’t give the big-name players whatever they want just to keep them happy.
Liverpool instead look to acquire the services of humble, yet top class players, who aren’t looking to obtain an extortionate salary.
It’s part of the reason for why Darwin Nuñez has been brought in this summer to replace Mané.
The Uruguay international may have cost Liverpool up to £85.5 million through transfer fees, but he demands a weekly wage of just over £100,000 a week. Mané on the other hand wanted his weekly intake quadrupled.
Liverpool are right to be thinking carefully about whether to offer Salah a mega new deal.
If the 30-year-old isn’t willing to budge on his economic demands, Liverpool may have to consider selling him this summer.

Fowler 3/7/2022:
"Actually, I am delighted he is staying"
“But fair play to him. The bottom line is, he wanted to stay – ­probably to smash all my records! – and that tells me he wants to become a proper Liverpool legend.”

Does Robbie think that the Liverpool players he classifies as: 'humble yet top class players' like VVD (who comes across to me as the opposite of humble) will be happy on £200K a week, that Nunez who cost a fortune will be happy on £100K a week and that Diaz will be happy on even less...........
Discontent creeps in slowly and eventually manifests itself on the pitch.....heres hoping.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:15 pm

SS app, football- currently the first 8 headlines are RAG- related. They never give up
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john68 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:09 pm

john@staustell wrote:SS app, football- currently the first 8 headlines are RAG- related. They never give up

Like the rag's fans, the media are clinging to the hope of a rag's rise, coupled with a rise in their audiences and readership.
Consider how the dippers who had never won the Prem since its inception until a couple of years ago managed to hold on to their global fanbase.
The rags, dippers and Arse are media manufactured and that process is ongoing.

Added to that and on the back of it, our football institutions desperately want/need those three at the very top in order to maximise their already massive profits.
It ain't gonna go away any time soon.

Unfortunately the bankers, wankers, investors, sponsors and media moguls have a problem.....City keep winning the Prem and are on the cusp of overtaking the likes of Barca, Real, Bayern etc. And no matter what they do or have done City continue to rise and year on year seem to be an increasingly bigger problem for them.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:48 am

Every pundit ruining Kalvin’s moment after signing for us. Murphy he’s a squad player Cascarino he is a good lad but will get 20 games. If he had joined the scum which as a Leeds lad was never ever going to happen, wow would have been the crap spouted. Welcome to Citty mate…..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:51 pm

Imagine going on the piss for 5 weeks and looking like this :lol:

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:11 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Every pundit ruining Kalvin’s moment after signing for us. Murphy he’s a squad player Cascarino he is a good lad but will get 20 games. If he had joined the scum which as a Leeds lad was never ever going to happen, wow would have been the crap spouted. Welcome to Citty mate…..

He is going to play a lot more than these pundit idiots think.
Last season we over relyed on Rodri, mainly due to Ferns age. That's not the issue now and I expect KP to shoulder his fair load.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Outcast » Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:11 pm

Mase wrote:Imagine going on the piss for 5 weeks and looking like this :lol:

Hard to imagine half naked men. But, whatever floats your boat :D
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:51 pm

Original Dub wrote:Nunez' transfer fee has dropped significantly and haaland's has increased by a million.

I thought once the contracts were signed and the sale closed, you couldn't ask for 20 million off as the buying club.... or ask for another million as the selling club?

Odd

https://talksport.com/football/1140288/

Dippers can, they're special.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby john68 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:19 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Every pundit ruining Kalvin’s moment after signing for us. Murphy he’s a squad player Cascarino he is a good lad but will get 20 games. If he had joined the scum which as a Leeds lad was never ever going to happen, wow would have been the crap spouted. Welcome to Citty mate…..

And does this surprise you Hazy mate?
Can you name the last player we signed that the media didn't find some fault or other?

Makes it all the more amazing that we have won so much with such shit players, playing boring football.
Makes it all the funnier that the dippers with all the best players in the World keep coming 2nd playing the best football the World has ever seen

Can you imagine what we could win if we had some good players
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:39 am

john68 wrote:

Can you name the last player we signed that the media didn't find some fault or other?

Makes it all the more amazing that we have won so much with such shit players, playing boring football.
Makes it all the funnier that the dippers with all the best players in the World keep coming 2nd playing the best football the World has ever seen

So true.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:40 am

Hazy2 wrote:
john68 wrote:

So true.

It's also fantastic how Gabby suddenly became a world-beater.
Read a headline two days ago that: He is the new Henry for Arsenal.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:57 am

PeterParker wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
john68 wrote:

So true.

It's also fantastic how Gabby suddenly became a world-beater.
Read a headline two days ago that: He is the new Henry for Arsenal.

Aaarff
Good luck with that. Can see it all going wrong before the break for the WC for the arse. If you're pinning your hopes on Gabby, I'd get the CV updated Arteta
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:43 am

Sky yesterday on the Jesus transfer asking if he will thrive away from City. As if we were holding him back!

And saying Chelsea will appreciate Sterling as he must be undervalued at City!!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby salford city » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:16 am

nottsblue wrote:Sky yesterday on the Jesus transfer asking if he will thrive away from City. As if we were holding him back!

And saying Chelsea will appreciate Sterling as he must be undervalued at City!!

Gotta love Sly so very consistent with their approach to us
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Indianablue » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:48 am

Fair to say both will get more game time but are playing in worse teams , so swings and roundabouts. My guess is 15 goals each
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Dimples » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:05 am

Both will even out at their natural level.

For Gabby that is good not great. His playing level will vary between good and very good because his attitude and work ethic are so strong.

For Sterling it is wait and see. For two seasons now he has looked as if he wanted away and his performances reflected this. Will Chelsea revitalize him and he reverts to the Sterling of 3/4 years ago? What is certain is that Sterling will never ever be a clinical finisher. If Chelsea are relying on him to put away scarce chances in the big games, like us, they will be disappointed.
I am unsure what Sterling's true level is. Time will tell.

Two factors that mitigate against them. They will never play in a team that creates as many chances as we do, lots of them easy ones.
The Pep factor. He makes players better. Tuchel and Arteta are unlikely to bring either to a higher level.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum