Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:52 am

nottsblue wrote:Arsenal and Wenger getting absolutely savaged by the media this morning. Rightly so. Makes a nice change

I've been out all morning NB, so I've missed this treat.

What sort of things are they saying, surely not that Whinger should be sacked ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Arsenal and Wenger getting absolutely savaged by the media this morning. Rightly so. Makes a nice change

What sort of things are they saying, surely not that Whinger should be sacked ??

Not saying he should be sacked. More that he will surely go in the summer. The players are being branded spineless, gutless, mercenary and no fight in them. The performance as a whole was called humiliating and embarrassing. The board are also coming in for stick saying that because they are basically accepting fourth and the CL riches they have brought in on themselves.

All things we have been called or alluded to previously. Just a nice change it's not us getting hammered for once
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:42 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Not saying he should be sacked. More that he will surely go in the summer. The players are being branded spineless, gutless, mercenary and no fight in them. The performance as a whole was called humiliating and embarrassing. The board are also coming in for stick saying that because they are basically accepting fourth and the CL riches they have brought in on themselves.

All things we have been called or alluded to previously. Just a nice change it's not us getting hammered for once

Thanks for that NB.

It is rather nice to see another Club, especially one of the Sky4, getting the media 'treatment'.

It's ironic though that Whinger's All Star XI are, I feel, being criticised out of heartfelt disappointment, selfishness and frustration, plus the fact that they're being seen as letting the cosy Sky4 cartel down.

We, on the other hand, get criticised out of pure, undiluted hatred, mixed with a fair measure of jealousy, fear, racism and an unbelievable degree of anger and outrage at us having the temerity to challenge the existing order and the knowledge that, ultimately, we will prevail.

Still, if Arsenal, along with the Scum and the Dippers, 'catch it in the neck' this season, for whatever reason, then long may it continue.

Thanks again NB.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:50 pm

Tony P wrote:Anyone seen the Elen clip floating round social media?

Watch on youtube.com

great man
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:15 pm

The media are scum, whoever they are attacking.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:57 am

To point out ut the bias. How come the mainstream media is wanking off about Zlatan's hatrick when the first goal was at least one deflection. No questioning of it, no referral to the 'dubious goals panel. Compared to Sergio's effort at Bournemouth. And that's before you take into account the outrageous dove that bought the free kick for the first goal.
It's a strange disparity.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby MUS » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:02 am

I'm in Singapore at the moment and was watching their local sports channel that had Philip Neville Neville as an "expert".

They discussed his 11 top contenders for player of the season, usual suspects were in there.

He included one city player, KDB... Now, don't get me wrong, KDB has been amazing but he hasn't been our best player this season.
Surely you'd have to put Silva and/or Sterling in that list? It just goes to show what an afterthought City are to this idiot that he just picked out who he'd assume to be our best player without any actual footballing analysis of the performances behind it. What a cretin.
CENTURIONS
MUS
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 am

MUS wrote:I'm in Singapore at the moment and was watching their local sports channel that had Philip Neville Neville as an "expert".

They discussed his 11 top contenders for player of the season, usual suspects were in there.

He included one city player, KDB... Now, don't get me wrong, KDB has been amazing but he hasn't been our best player this season.
Surely you'd have to put Silva and/or Sterling in that list? It just goes to show what an afterthought City are to this idiot that he just picked out who he'd assume to be our best player without any actual footballing analysis of the performances behind it. What a cretin.

amazed that they had 11 contenders across the whole league. i am struggling to think of one consistent standout player this season
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:20 am

MUS wrote:I'm in Singapore at the moment and was watching their local sports channel that had Philip Neville Neville as an "expert".

That just shows what an ignorant plank he is. He even said that the Rags have the best 11 and squad, not realising the irony that they're down in 6th place, meaning they're seriously underachieving.

As always though, everybody is just an afterthought, the main content is/has to be about the Rags. Whether it be the club, manager or players, every media outlet will always paint a positive picture, just as the Beeb did when reporting on the Rags huge finances, failing to mention the fact that they're still half a billion in debt.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 am

SSN reporting Jesus smiling thumbs up post op pic on the OS

'DOESN'T LOOK VERY GOOD THAT DOES IT....'

ah well
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:SSN reporting Jesus smiling thumbs up post op pic on the OS

'DOESN'T LOOK VERY GOOD THAT DOES IT....'

ah well

Just a question of immobilising it though. The question is how long????
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby london blue 2 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37 pm

For me not every story is as black and white as a RAG love or City hate but the consistency in which the Sky4 receive favourable media attention compared to City certainly makes me feel they generally dislike the club.

The positivity teams receive for website clicks is pathetic.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:39 pm

london blue 2 wrote:For me not every story is as black and white as a RAG love or City hate but the consistency in which the Sky4 receive favourable media attention compared to City certainly makes me feel they generally dislike the club.

The good news is that people who have looked into this don't detect the same bias overseas. So whilst there's no doubt of an agenda in the UK media, our dream of world domination gathers pace!!

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Very valid point John, it's the UK media.

The governing bodies and as a result the officials they hire stretches to a European level obviously, but the media hatred is in the UK.

Or, in your head, as one poster on here would have you believe :lol: :lol:
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:59 pm

john@staustell wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:For me not every story is as black and white as a RAG love or City hate but the consistency in which the Sky4 receive favourable media attention compared to City certainly makes me feel they generally dislike the club.

The good news is that people who have looked into this don't detect the same bias overseas. So whilst there's no doubt of an agenda in the UK media, our dream of world domination gathers pace!!

And hopefully this cosy insular aspect that extends to here in Ireland also, will prove to be an Achilles heal.
In the long run, The Sheik is looking well beyond the confines of Britain I would imagine. The big money is probably to be found on a global scale and hopefully the likes of The Rags and Dippers and Arses, along with the British media who sycophantically aid and abet them, will have their collective eyes off the ball.
Hopefully the first the Sky 4 get wind of the change will be when all of a sudden their media buddies switch allegiances, because they find the shift in global fan base now demands a change of tact.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby mr_nool » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/02/17/colin-savage-does-the-bbc-have-a-problem-with-manchester-city/

Why is Bertie a derogatory term?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Dameerto » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/02/17/colin-savage-does-the-bbc-have-a-problem-with-manchester-city/

I want to know how you can have five half-hourly sports bulletins in a two hour window.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:43 pm

Dameerto wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

I want to know how you can have five half-hourly sports bulletins in a two hour window.

2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm, 4pm. Two hours and five minutes maybe.

:)
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:48 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

2pm, 2.30pm, 3pm, 3.30pm, 4pm. Two hours and five minutes maybe.

:)

He defines the window though - 8am while 10am
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum