Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:59 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:That's why I know it was deliberate. Because you don't control a ball in the world with your foot like that. His studs were up for one reason.

I don't think it was deliberate I would expect all of our players to go for the same ball. I'd also expect them to see red if they kicked the oppo keeper in the head.

I'd expect all our players to go for the same ball - but if they thought they could bring a ball down with the way Mane's boot was shaped I'd sell them and bring Bony back.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:10 am

nottsblue wrote:http://bbc.in/2eVasuk

This is from the BBC's chief sports writer. Unbelievable Jeff

It is obscene to read this biased ordure week after week paid for by our license fees. If the scoreline were reversed one can easily imagine McNulty urging his beloved scousers to order their title winning open top bus parade. If Ederson had risked taking Sane's eye out instead of the other way round only a life ban for the City keeper would have done.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:18 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Mase wrote:That's why I know it was deliberate. Because you don't control a ball in the world with your foot like that. His studs were up for one reason.

I don't think it was deliberate I would expect all of our players to go for the same ball. I'd also expect them to see red if they kicked the oppo keeper in the head.

THIS
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 am

Mase wrote:Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

FFS his reaction and the way he didn't argue with the ref he knew what he'd done.

He had a glance to see where the goallies was first so it looked to me like he knew exactly what he was doing. Perhaps not the kick to the face but he was certainly going to take out Ederson.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Gary Neville is a 100% Grade A Cunt!

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:50 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I've read quite a bit this morning and the majority of pundits are in agreement with the ref. It only seems to be the die-hard City haters/Dipper lovers who think it was harsh. RatBoys comments are still annoying me, they were so far off the mark and so outdated it was embarrassing. Nobody would have questioned that red card but due to his comments it gives those who want.to complain, the chance to.

Near enough every ex-pro has said it's a red so why did RatBoy say that Moss had ruined the game?

Oh, and can somebody remind them that we were winning when he was sent off as they seem to be saying we were getting hammered!

Glad to see we shoved it up their arses, the Bin Dipping/Rag loving cunts!

I wouldn't expect any credit in the media, and if we get some I wouldn't accept it. They can all fuck off. Ferret-face spewing his bile gives away the pain he is feeling. To paraphrase another poster, he deserves to be laughed at the embarrassing little turd.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:01 am

I think it is admirable the pain some people here subject themselves to for our club.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:29 am

Justified logic wrote:I think it is admirable the pain some people here subject themselves to for our club.

Isn't that what supporting a team is?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:33 am

Mase wrote:
Justified logic wrote:I think it is admirable the pain some people here subject themselves to for our club.

Yeah. That and calling our stars useless lazy cunts throughout the game. Only true supporters can take it that far.
Justified logic

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:39 am

Mase wrote:

Supporting City can and has been a painful experience at time. City fans generally only ask for and accept fair play as we generally give out. To think that was deliberate thou is well wide of the mark imo ... anyway we won 5-0 .... next
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Re: Gary Neville is a 100% Grade A Cunt!

Postby CrownPointBlue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:48 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I've read quite a bit this morning and the majority of pundits are in agreement with the ref. It only seems to be the die-hard City haters/Dipper lovers who think it was harsh. RatBoys comments are still annoying me, they were so far off the mark and so outdated it was embarrassing. Nobody would have questioned that red card but due to his comments it gives those who want.to complain, the chance to.

Near enough every ex-pro has said it's a red so why did RatBoy say that Moss had ruined the game?

Oh, and can somebody remind them that we were winning when he was sent off as they seem to be saying we were getting hammered!

Glad to see we shoved it up their arses, the Bin Dipping/Rag loving cunts!

Rat boy doesn't count & Moss didn't spoil the game for me.

The river rat dippers did with their abuse of an injured goal keeper though.

Why is this not being reported this morning ?

This 'orrible lot have robbed,stabbed,slashed,jibbed & murdered their way round football for over half a century. Back in 1969 my mate was glassed BEFORE the game near the coaches.

What ever happened to the Hysel memorials eh ? Remember the 39 ......not in candleland !!
CrownPointBlue
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Yaya Toure

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:50 am

As Iranaeus correctly observed long ago, our life is a vale of soul-making
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Amen
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:12 am

Chinners wrote:
Mase wrote:

Supporting City can and has been a painful experience at time. City fans generally only ask for and accept fair play as we generally give out. To think that was deliberate thou is well wide of the mark imo ... anyway we won 5-0 .... next

Glad you put "imo".
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:01 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mase wrote:Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

FFS his reaction and the way he didn't argue with the ref he knew what he'd done.

He had a glance to see where the goallies was first so it looked to me like he knew exactly what he was doing. Perhaps not the kick to the face but he was certainly going to take out Ederson.

There's an outside chance he was trying to toe poke it over Ederson and continue past him to an open goal but misstimed it - that's the small benefit of the doubt I'm giving him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:

Was that when he was working for Talkshite?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:13 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

There's an outside chance he was trying to toe poke it over Ederson and continue past him to an open goal but misstimed it - that's the small benefit of the doubt I'm giving him.

Your'e a generous man, Dameerto.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Just to clarify, in my opinion Mane may not have thought "I'm going to smash this guy with my boot here" but he's clearly not in control and hasn't judged the tackle - I think he knew there was a good chance he'd hit Ederson but chose to go for it anyway. That's what I mean by deliberate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm

Mase wrote:Just to clarify, in my opinion Mane may not have thought "I'm going to smash this guy with my boot here" but he's clearly not in control and hasn't judged the tackle - I think he knew there was a good chance he'd hit Ederson but chose to go for it anyway. That's what I mean by deliberate.

That's where I'm at too - he knew there was a very strong chance of collision but didn't care enough to make a different choice.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:26 pm

MOTD2 with Clattenburg, the one ref who thinks it was a yellow, were angling for a one game ban or having it rescinded as it "wasn't malicious". Debatable as to whether it was malicious (I'm certainly not convinced it was) but it was dangerous, out of control, both feet off the ground, studs first play. I'm not sure that it would get rescinded or reduced if it had been at knee height and I don't think one can be killed by having studs smashed into your knee. Painful and potentially career-ending, whether done maliciously or not, but not a life-ender. But that's the BBC Anfield gang for you.
Justified logic

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Chinners wrote:
Mase wrote:

Chinners the only person who knows for sure is Mane himself. Personally I don't think or at least hope it wasn't malicious.

I don't think that's the point though. It was as clear a red card as any given so far this year or last. Moss got it right and there shouldn't even be a debate about it.

The media in general accept that it was red but almost unilaterally are defending Mane and making out it was very harsh on him and Liverpool who most likely would have got something out of that game if the ref had only given him a yellow.
Don't forget. If he got a yellow, we would have played the remainder of the game with Bravo in goal. They'd have fancied that.

We are talking about the media handling of it all not the decision itself, which is irrefutable.

The real debate of how Liverpool capitulated and City totally managed the situation, is largely ignored and we are being given the narrative that you can't draw anything from that result.

I certainly won't get carried away, but the media seem to be doing their job of not deflating the Dippers too much. Making out that 5-0 was unlucky. Making out that they were very unfortunate.
Quite the contrary.
That could have ended up 7-0 and we were in third gear at best.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum