Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 30, 2018 4:25 pm

aaron bond wrote:Alberto Moreno's tattoo from 2 years ago.

Remember the outrage...

It's the new Liverpool Crest.
Motto: Hear what we tell you, see what we show you, Stray off script and you pay for it!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 30, 2018 4:26 pm

aaron bond wrote:Alberto Moreno's tattoo from 2 years ago.

Remember the outrage...

Gareth Bale wears glasses! Well I never
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 6:36 pm

Some Jerk at Glasgow live attacks Raza for his 'Derisory' 500,000 charity gift! Really !

If i was able to give 500,000 i would beca very happy fella.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 6:40 pm

zuricity wrote:Some Jerk at Glasgow live attacks Raza for his 'Derisory' 500,000 charity gift! Really !

If i was able to give 500,000 i would be a very happy fella.

I think it's ironic but could be wrong
https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/sport/spo ... s-14725683
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 6:48 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:Some Jerk at Glasgow live attacks Raza for his 'Derisory' 500,000 charity gift! Really !

ironic or not it's only been done for Clickbait which you obviously have done to get the link .

I didn't get that far because i don't care about the intention of the web page, rather the fact that some cnut sees it as a way to make money out of clicks.

Google and others are in serious need of regulation .
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 pm

SKY SPORTS NEWS issues an APOLOGY over its reporting yesterday of Raheem Sterling tattoo .

Yeah right ok SSN like you really mean it , reality is SSN and Murdoch have been found out .

The Sun and SSN both owned by Murdoch ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed May 30, 2018 7:23 pm

I'm glad this has happened. Now everyone can see the underlying racism issue and not just us.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 7:38 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

ironic or not it's only been done for Clickbait which you obviously have done to get the link .
I didn't get that far because i don't care about the intention of the web page, rather the fact that some cnut sees it as a way to make money out of clicks.
The perils of clicking a NewsNow link eh? - if only we all showed your virtuous restraint they'd be out of business! Can you sniff out the ones you're going to be offended by? But you'll never know if you were right unless some less fastidious reader like me stains his soul :lol: :lol: :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed May 30, 2018 7:45 pm

City64 wrote:SKY SPORTS NEWS issues an APOLOGY over its reporting yesterday of Raheem Sterling tattoo .

Yeah right ok SSN like you really mean it , reality is SSN and Murdoch have been found out .

They only apologized for saying the word '' Again'' and not apologized for the fuckign article itself.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Wed May 30, 2018 8:14 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
City64 wrote:SKY SPORTS NEWS issues an APOLOGY over its reporting yesterday of Raheem Sterling tattoo .

They only apologized for saying the word '' Again'' and not apologized for the fuckign article itself.

Cunts !

At least its out there that basically the Sun and SSN are the same fucking shite ! Oh and that cunt Piers Morgan is / was employed by Murdoch , all adds up where the agenda sits doesn't it ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 9:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

The perils of clicking a NewsNow link eh? - if only we all showed your virtuous restraint they'd be out of business! Can you sniff out the ones you're going to be offended by? But you'll never know if you were right unless some less fastidious reader like me stains his soul :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fastidious ? not really. If you were you would recognize those sentences are written without any references or recognition of sources - As has been pointed out on this site for ages and why i didn't deem it worthwhile to link to it.

Whoever put that article together did it to attract clicks . Not one single sentence is based on true journalism , rather more a like a perverse form of gathering gossip à la Beeb . As if , somehow they are an authority on information .

Newsnow is a hanger on , just like twitter .

This thread is massive , we are continually informer about the extent so called 'Media' sources will go to get a buck . Legal , decent , honest and truthful ?

Most fail this simple Advertising / Marketing test.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 9:27 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Fastidious ? not really. If you were you would recognize those sentences are written without any references or recognition of sources - As has been pointed out on this site for ages and why i didn't deem it worthwhile to link to it.
Whoever put that article together did it to attract clicks .Not one single sentence is based on true journalism, rather more a like a perverse form of gathering gossip à la Beeb . As if , somehow they are an authority on information .Newsnow is a hanger on, just like twitter. This thread is massive, we are continually informer about the extent so called 'Media' sources will go to get a buck . Legal , decent , honest and truthful ?Most fail this simple Advertising / Marketing test.

Keep on deeming what you consider is a worthwhile link then by all means my friend.
You obviously feel our clicky fingers clearly need your protection from the wilder shores of the perfidious internet.
Just try to ensure your description of the forbidden fruits is a little more accurate ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 9:43 pm

^^^^^

No i was merely highlighting another negative article about a city player. Someone thought they could collect snippets and with clickbait keywords try to get some money that google might pay by feeding / supplying buzzwords.

And who are you to decide what should be accurate or not , especially on a football blog ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ian494 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Zurich click and read it, it is a pisstake on the media shits reporting on sterling, it is not click bait
ian494
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 10:13 pm

zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:ironic or not it's only been done for Clickbait which you obviously have done to get the link .

Whoever put that article together did it to attract clicks .Not one single sentence is based on true journalism, rather more a like a perverse form of gathering gossip à la Beeb . As if , somehow they are an authority on information .Newsnow is a hanger on, just like twitter. This thread is massive, we are continually informer about the extent so called 'Media' sources will go to get a buck . Legal , decent , honest and truthful ?Most fail this simple Advertising / Marketing test.
Keep on deeming what you consider is a worthwhile link then by all means my friend.
You obviously feel our clicky fingers clearly need your protection from the wilder shores of the perfidious internet.
Just try to ensure your description of the forbidden fruits is a little more accurate ;)

No i was merely highlighting another negative article about a city player. Someone thought they could collect snippets and with clickbait keywords try to get some money that google might pay by feeding / supplying buzzwords. And who are you to decide what should be accurate or not , especially on a football blog ?

Has the fact that all the media rely on clickbait, aka 'creative headlining', to promote their stories, entirely escaped your notice?
Also, that they all feed on each others sources and recycle others material to their own advantage?
It's really a matter of which of them you are prepared to forgive for their business practices.

A fair reading of the Glasgow live piece would recognise it was criticizing those who malign Sterling, whatever 'clickbait' mechanisms were being employed.

I am entitled to point that out whether it's on a football forum or if you were sitting next to me at the Etihad.

Finally, please don't try to be offensive, it does you no credit - and don't edit out the post you are replying to, that's just discourteous.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 10:17 pm

ian494 wrote:Zurich click and read it, it is a pisstake on the media shits reporting on sterling, it is not click bait

Er , i did read it , i didn't deem it fit to make a link to it because it chose to highlight things about raza in a negative light
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed May 30, 2018 10:19 pm

zuricity wrote:
ian494 wrote:Zurich click and read it, it is a pisstake on the media shits reporting on sterling, it is not click bait

Er , i did read it , i didn't deem it fit to make a link to it because it chose to highlight things about raza in a negative light

honestly?!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 10:23 pm

zuricity wrote:

Deeming things fit or unfit for others to read has of course proved historically hazardous but Switzerland does enjoy its rules. :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby zuricity » Wed May 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:

honestly?!

yes and the whole point i am making is that people use a negative slant on something to get you to click. The headline itself highlights this negativity.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 30, 2018 10:30 pm

zuricity wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
zuricity wrote:

honestly?!

yes and the whole point i am making is that people use a negative slant on something to get you to click. The headline itself highlights this negativity.

Say no to negativity :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum