Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 am

Chinners wrote:Cheers for that JC. At the time some of her comments were correct tbf, there were many on here bemused by Pep's treatment & comments about Aguero. I don't think she had an agenda about us at all, just an opinion, her opinion. I would love to see what she thinks about us & Pep now he has the players he wanted, hopefully just as honest. Ashton is the snidey cent in that clip

You're right Chinners, that was a tricky time in March this year when we were out of CL and iffy for a top 4 finish. She's got massive form though - pure dipper envy and hatred dripping from every orifice - which continues unabated I'm afraid.
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:48 am

Out of curiosity JC, who was the journalist that was talking sense in that vid? Not the bespectacled fellow, the other chap.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7568
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:54 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Out of curiosity JC, who was the journalist that was talking sense in that vid? Not the bespectacled fellow, the other chap.

Charlie Wyett from the Sun
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:56 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Out of curiosity JC, who was the journalist that was talking sense in that vid? Not the bespectacled fellow, the other chap.

Charlie Wyett from the Sun


Ta.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7568
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Football Media

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:01 am

She was right about Harry Maguire, mind her top 4 predictions were nothing short of risible.
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14501
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:08 am

I think all pundits and media hacks should have to also print their predictions from the previous year when doing the next years. That way, everyone can see how incompetent they are. Or clued up in occasional instances. But when they are shown to have continually supported or dissed a club their priority/agenda will be there to see
nottsblue
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14708
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:16 am

Chinners wrote:She was right about Harry Maguire, mind her top 4 predictions were nothing short of risible.


She said in a recent episode of The Debate that she isn't too impressed by Guardiola and City because she expected it and she prefers football that susprises her, her preseason prediction above suggests she's talking out of her arse.
Foreverinbluedreams
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7568
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:34 pm
Supporter of: Euthanasia

Re: Football Media

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:19 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Chinners wrote:She was right about Harry Maguire, mind her top 4 predictions were nothing short of risible.


She said in a recent episode of The Debate that she isn't too impressed by Guardiola and City because she expected it and she prefers football that susprises her, her preseason prediction above suggests she's talking out of her arse.


Yep, if that top 4 comes in then 99.9% of the country will be surprised footballwise as well!
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14501
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:09 pm

What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3479
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:37 pm

Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?

I think she says that City's form is only what she expected after the money we spent and it being Peps second season ..... she's surprised her dippers aren't even close
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5663
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:45 pm

Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?


Can‘t believe Beckenbauer turned up for this lot


https://youtu.be/-2gJamguN04
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10579
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:50 pm

zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?


Can‘t believe Beckenbauer turned up for this lot


https://youtu.be/-2gJamguN04

Excellent, not seen that in a long while.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7107
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?


Can‘t believe Beckenbauer turned up for this lot


https://youtu.be/-2gJamguN04

Excellent, not seen that in a long while.



Was Kant a cockney ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10579
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:55 pm

zuricity wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?


Can‘t believe Beckenbauer turned up for this lot


https://youtu.be/-2gJamguN04

Excellent, not seen that in a long while.



Was Kant a cockney ?

Not sure, mate. But he was only an apostrophe away from can't.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7107
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Football Media

Postby Chinners » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:10 pm

zuricity wrote:
Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?


Can‘t believe Beckenbauer turned up for this lot


https://youtu.be/-2gJamguN04


Brilliant! A++
Image
User avatar
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14501
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:52 pm
Location: Hampton Court Palace
Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:00 pm

She looks like she dick dives in a regular basis.
Mase
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18579
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Football Media

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:59 pm

Mase wrote:She looks like she dick dives in a regular basis.


looks like someone who would enjoy having someone squat over her and shit in her gob
SOLID POSTER
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12894
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:57 pm
Location: here, there, every fucking where
Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: mike mason liam lingo

Re: Football Media

Postby Justified logic » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:27 pm

As we're on something of a nostalgia trip, I've just had a look at the pre-season predictions in the Independent (11 Aug). All went for City to win the title except this joker.

Jack Austin (Sports Reporter): Manchester City have recruited well, yes, but simple maths will tell you that Jose Mourinho + second season = title. So I’m going for Manchester United. There is an air of confidence and a new swagger around Old Trafford that hasn’t been there for a number of years.

Predictions reduced to simple calculations! Priceless.

Some other good laughs in the predictions and comments but most got KDB right as player of the year (Austin went for Pogba :lol:).
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3479
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:40 pm
Location: Playing in the hole
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:30 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?

I think she says that City's form is only what she expected after the money we spent and it being Peps second season ..... she's surprised her dippers aren't even close

She's not surprised that we're smashing her prediction, so far?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 35060
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:What does that actually mean,"football that surprises her"?

Would that be a team turning out in fancy dress? Without boots? Without shorts? Wearing skirts? With only 9 players? With quadriplegics on the subs bench? One guy in plaster with a runner?

Genuine question. How did she qualify that preference?

I think she says that City's form is only what she expected after the money we spent and it being Peps second season ..... she's surprised her dippers aren't even close

She's not surprised that we're smashing her prediction, so far?


I like this summary.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12948
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aristation, everyonehatesus, Google [Bot], iwasthere2012, Lev Bronstein, Mase, patrickblue, ShimmyShaker, South Stand Balti and 62 guests