Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue May 23, 2017 9:38 am

Dameerto wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Wtf is wrong with these cunts in the mirror.

It's a tragedy, not a fucking competition.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/sports-tr ... n-10479231

i don't think they're trying to imply anything (this time) - the RAGs have a game tomorrow so it's why they get mentioned so prominently - they quote Vinnie too. I think they're trying to give a feeling of a City united (sorry for the play on words).

There were also some nice sentiments expressed by Ajax, as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sidSmith » Tue May 23, 2017 1:06 pm

Fucking hell. Just seen that BT sport are showing the scum final for free tomorrow. Disgusting to charge all the other fans with a subscription for the season but give the scum their cup final for free. Self serving twats.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue May 23, 2017 2:08 pm

sidSmith wrote:Fucking hell. Just seen that BT sport are showing the scum final for free tomorrow. Disgusting to charge all the other fans with a subscription for the season but give the scum their cup final for free. Self serving twats.

you mean the same as it was last year?
the champions league final is free as well

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-t ... 4180768744

they have to - otherwise only about 8 people would watch but it's always better to pretend that there is some weird conspiracy theory...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby sidSmith » Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
sidSmith wrote:Fucking hell. Just seen that BT sport are showing the scum final for free tomorrow. Disgusting to charge all the other fans with a subscription for the season but give the scum their cup final for free. Self serving twats.

they have to - otherwise only about 8 people would watch but it's always better to pretend that there is some weird conspiracy theory...

Do you mean the game that Liverpool was involved in....? Fair enough if it's the champions league where no British club is involved, but to charge a subscription throughout then drop it for the final seems shit to those that paid already. And if it's right that only 8 would watch, it's entirely self serving.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 23, 2017 2:26 pm

sidSmith wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Do you mean the game that Liverpool was involved in....? Fair enough if it's the champions league where no British club is involved, but to charge a subscription throughout then drop it for the final seems shit to those that paid already. And if it's right that only 8 would watch, it's entirely self serving.

They have to agree to show a certain amount of matches free-to-air as part of the bidding process for buying the rights (I think, or am I getting mixed up with the Premier League?)
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sidSmith » Tue May 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Dameerto wrote:
sidSmith wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

They have to agree to show a certain amount of matches free-to-air as part of the bidding process for buying the rights (I think, or am I getting mixed up with the Premier League?)

Ah good point. Maybe it's also on BBC, ITV, etc, so they're sort of forced to show it for free so that we can all enjoy their pundits. If that's true, I think Nige is right and they'll get 8 viewers!
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue May 23, 2017 3:11 pm

sidSmith wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
sidSmith wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Ah good point. Maybe it's also on BBC, ITV, etc, so they're sort of forced to show it for free so that we can all enjoy their pundits. If that's true, I think Nige is right and they'll get 8 viewers!

I don't think I'll be watching it.

I've better things to do than watch the Scum trying to grind their way to glory.

Come on Ajax; thrash the so-and-so's.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 23, 2017 3:57 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:

What is with this cunt and conspiracy theories?

For someone who never stops banging on about them, he sure does love his own ones

:lol:
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Hats off sky. Lovely twist in this snub article.

www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/1 ... onaco-move
Original Dub

Postby freshie » Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:Hats off sky. Lovely twist in this snub article.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... onaco-move

Saw that earlier. Bunch of cunts. Nothing in that article proves that we were after him - can't believe we let them get away with these stories time and again. Reckon our 'snub' count has passed the million mark by now
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue May 23, 2017 8:44 pm

freshie wrote:

Saw that earlier. Bunch of cunts. Nothing in that article proves that we were after him - can't believe we let them get away with these stories time and again. Reckon our 'snub' count has passed the million mark by now

According to that article, if any club should be categorised as being snubbed in the headline, it should be the Scum.

But we can't have that, can we ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nickyboy » Wed May 24, 2017 5:52 am

sidSmith wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
sidSmith wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Part of the broadcast deal UEFA do states that the finals must be available free to air. In this past that was on ITV as they shared rights with Sky. Now BT have sole rights they have to show the final for free (and at least one match from each round). Think last year they did it via a YouTube channel I think.

They're not giving the scum preferential treatment (for once) or ripping off BT subscribers, just sticking to their contract .
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 24, 2017 7:04 am

Lacks faith in his own ability it seems, good luck to him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 24, 2017 7:27 am

Being reported Yaya and Seluk are donating £50k each to the victims of the bombing. Fair play if true
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 24, 2017 8:37 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Lacks faith in his own ability it seems, good luck to him.

That's exactly how I interpreted it
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 24, 2017 11:35 am

I do wonder what the media would have come out with if the bomber turned out to be a City supporter instead of a Rag.
A veil has been drawn over that part of his background it seems.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 24, 2017 12:11 pm

johnny crossan wrote:I do wonder what the media would have come out with if the bomber turned out to be a City supporter instead of a Rag.

Doubt who he supported even enters the equation
nottsblue

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 24, 2017 12:57 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:I do wonder what the media would have come out with if the bomber turned out to be a City supporter instead of a Rag.

Of course. But fact is he was a mune.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Dameerto » Wed May 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Of course. But fact is he was a mune.

It entered the equation when they showed someone in a Man CIty shirt a few years ago and tried to make a story out of it - not that I'm saying it's relevant in either case (just that the media are a bunch of wankers).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 24, 2017 3:29 pm

nottsblue