Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:55 am

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:MNF just advertised Scum v Chavs as 'the main course' on Sunday - our game with Arsenal is just the starter.

shows how far arsenal have fallen

Nicely droll NT.

and to mark our record breaking best start since the Premier League started they show a table of best starts since 1946
with the Rags topping it.

When would that have been JC?

Would Spurs of 1961 with eleven straight victories not been the best start?

Nothing is too much trouble for these scrotes if they can help the rags NB :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:20 am

I remember that year, they let it slip badly after a good tart, a the fourth placed finish show lol
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:24 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I remember that year, they let it slip badly after a good tart, a the fourth placed finish show lol

Peter Barnes was a regular starter in that team. Atkinson was on his bike early of the season after.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Dicky Dunne » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:09 am

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 72275.html

Nice to see a positive article about Sterling in the Irish papers today
Dicky Dunne
Carlo Nash's Debut

My favourite player is: Richard Dunne

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:47 am

I keep hearing this - "It's the way Sterling went about leaving Liverpool".

What way was that??

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/sterling ... 4wfvnpk940
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:04 pm

Original Dub wrote:I keep hearing this - "It's the way Sterling went about leaving Liverpool".

What way was that??

Gets on my tits too Ronan.
I think what you are seeing from certain Liverpool sycophants, who perhaps have a slightly guilty conscience, is a rewriting of histree.
Some pundits are now seeing that Raheem is a greatly improved player and his reputation is growing in staure by the week, due to nothing other than his performances on the pitch. Some areas of the media are recognising this and this inevitably leads to the conclusion that he was right to join City.
This leaves the Scouse mafia with no alternative but to change the tune of their anti-Sterling mantra.
'He went about it the wrong way?'
It wasn't our fault is what it sounds like to me.
Washing their hands of their part in the attempted destruction of a kid with talent. Still trying to imply that he did something wrong.
They're a busted flush Ronan. Their day is well and truly gone. Raheem has earned the respect of City supporters like me, who wasn't particularly in favour of paying the Scouse the extortionate price they got from us, and he's earning the respect now from an element of the British media (no matter how small, currently), that can see how the player/kid was treated by their industry.
Some are asking questions of his treatment and perhaps in the process trying to distance themselves from the obvious blame.
Others however like the Scouse mafia will not admit blame and are merely deflecting by implying something he did was wrong.

Like I've stated before, I much prefer when they just ignore us all together.
Let us get on with what we're doing under the radar. Don't like even the current mock praise saying we're untouchable and will walk the league.
You can see right through it. Just waiting for us to slip up.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:15 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I keep hearing this - "It's the way Sterling went about leaving Liverpool".

What way was that??

Gets on my tits too Ronan.
I think what you are seeing from certain Liverpool sycophants, who perhaps have a slightly guilty conscience, is a rewriting of histree.
Some pundits are now seeing that Raheem is a greatly improved player and his reputation is growing in staure by the week, due to nothing other than his performances on the pitch. Some areas of the media are recognising this and this inevitably leads to the conclusion that he was right to join City.
This leaves the Scouse mafia with no alternative but to change the tune of their anti-Sterling mantra.
'He went about it the wrong way?'
It wasn't our fault is what it sounds like to me.
Washing their hands of their part in the attempted destruction of a kid with talent. Still trying to imply that he did something wrong.
They're a busted flush Ronan. Their day is well and truly gone. Raheem has earned the respect of City supporters like me, who wasn't particularly in favour of paying the Scouse the extortionate price they got from us, and he's earning the respect now from an element of the British media (no matter how small, currently), that can see how the player/kid was treated by their industry.
Some are asking questions of his treatment and perhaps in the process trying to distance themselves from the obvious blame.
Others however like the Scouse mafia will not admit blame and are merely deflecting by implying something he did was wrong.

Like I've stated before, I much prefer when they just ignore us all together.
Let us get on with what we're doing under the radar. Don't like even the current mock praise saying we're untouchable and will walk the league.
You can see right through it. Just waiting for us to slip up.

All of this is spot on.

I've had lads say it to me in the pub and social circles - "It's how he went about it" and when I've asked them to explain, they couldn't. Because, the way he went about it was refusing to sign a new contract and leaving through the perfectly legal transfer process.

I still don't know what it is he is supposed to have done that was disgraceful?

Re your point on the current mock praise - I couldn't agree more. It's s obvious what they are trying to do. They say we are invincible in the hope that we will lose and they can say "City thought they were invincible".

Boring...
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:37 pm

What way was that??

He didn't do the honourable thing and run down his contract whilst lying to his club and its fans when doing so. The 'Jimmy Milner', as it's known in the trade.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:53 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

What way was that??

He didn't do the honourable thing and run down his contract whilst lying to his club and its fans when doing so. The 'Jimmy Milner', as it's known in the trade.

Or go on strike aka vandyk advice
again in the trade .known as a
Rednap carragher colymore
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:19 pm

What way was that??

If the Dippers can't accept their culpability over Hysel, they'll never admit to spouting hot air over Sterling leaving them.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

What way was that??

If the Dippers can't accept their culpability over Hysel, they'll never admit to spouting hot air over Sterling leaving them.

AS GOLDEN AS IT GETS.
simple as.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:MNF just advertised Scum v Chavs as 'the main course' on Sunday - our game with Arsenal is just the starter.

shows how far arsenal have fallen

Nicely droll NT.

and to mark our record breaking best start since the Premier League started they show a table of best starts since 1946
with the Rags topping it.

When would that have been JC?

Would Spurs of 1961 with eleven straight victories not been the best start?

I hope they will produce this list after 12 games. and again after 14 games , and eventually at the end of the season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby nottsblue » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:15 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless the rags or dippers can still be seen as having a better record then I doubt it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:29 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Let's not forget the threats the dirty scouse Bastards made toward Raheem and his family, which turns out wasn't an isolated incident......

From today's papers...

Dejan Lovren has branded death threats made against his family as “disgusting”.

The Liverpool and Croatia defender - in the news of late after questionable performances - shared the threat on his Instagram story.

Álvaro Morata denies he is unsettled as Chelsea prepare to face Roma

Lovren posted a direct message he had received from a user which read “I’m gonna murder ur family u Croatian prick”.

The 28-year-old captioned it with “horrible what kind of people we have” before adding in a second image: “I don’t mind when people talk shit about me, it says more about them!

“But I cannot ignore when my family is threatened. I just can’t and won’t accept that. Disgusting.

This was after their game against spuds when he cocked up for two of the goals conceded...
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:40 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Let's not forget the threats the dirty scouse Bastards made toward Raheem and his family, which turns out wasn't an isolated incident......

From today's papers...

The Liverpool and Croatia defender - in the news of late after questionable performances - shared the threat on his Instagram story.

Lovren posted a direct message he had received from a user which read “I’m gonna murder ur family u Croatian prick”.

The 28-year-old captioned it with “horrible what kind of people we have” before adding in a second image: “I don’t mind when people talk shit about me, it says more about them!

“But I cannot ignore when my family is threatened. I just can’t and won’t accept that. Disgusting.

This was after their game against spuds when he cocked up for two of the goals conceded...

When you read this sort of thing, you get fears that this could follow in the footsteps of Andres Escobar, after Colombia were knocked out of the 1994 World Cup.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

From today's papers...

When you read this sort of thing, you get fears that this could follow in the footsteps of Andres Escobar, after Colombia were knocked out of the 1994 World Cup.

If Twatter and Farcebook were closed down tomorrow, i wouldn't notice , anyone going on those sites has a sad life.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:52 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

From today's papers...

If Twatter and Farcebook were closed down tomorrow, i wouldn't notice , anyone going on those sites has a sad life.

They probably have in excess of 100 million users.
That's a lot of sad people.

Edit.Facebook have over 2 billion users alone.....
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:57 pm

What way was that??

Yes Siree !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:56 pm

All BT pundits gushing with praise. Keown in particular to give him his due. Had camelgob or ginger pig still been on the rosta they would have nitpicked and tried to put us down.

Keown even half jokingly suggested Ederson could play in midfield for a couple of PL sides. He probably wouldnt disgrace himself either
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:13 pm

Some strange disturbances in the force. Some of our oldest enemies are gushing praise. Like Shearer
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum