Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 pm

That fucking sky advert with salah scoring against us! :evil: So glad they lost the final.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Nick wrote:So, Irish sky sports ( my streams ) the adverts are united and Liverpool scoring against us..

Spud picking nonses

Get yourself an NBC or Canadian river, none of that shite on there.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby PeterParker » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Missed the game and had to watch the highlights with the Sky coverage. Ffs, how bent is fucking Tyler? Even Ratboy showed some class.
When Sterling scored the old shit had almost zero reaction.

Despicable shit.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Nick wrote:So, Irish sky sports ( my streams ) the adverts are united and Liverpool scoring against us..

Spud picking nonses

Spud picking nonces?

Pretty hard to misinterpret that one.
Original Dub

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:That fucking sky advert with salah scoring against us! :evil: So glad they lost the final.

I can still see Ramos sorting that ugly Bastard salah out....poetry pure poetry.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:21 am

Original Dub wrote:

Spud picking nonses

Spud picking nonces?

Haha sorry Dub, was fuming at the advert. Me and CARL aren't so different..

Nonse is my go to insult at football for some reason, wasn't actually intentionally racist, but it did fit quite well !
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:22 am

Nick wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Spud picking nonses

Spud picking nonces?

Haha sorry Dub, was fuming at the advert. Me and CARL aren't so different..

Nonse is my go to insult at football for some reason, wasn't actually intentionally racist, but it did fit quite well !

It was a nice fit...

To be sure to be sure!

:P
Original Dub

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Another City64 classic thread .
On the ball this lad !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Just shows how hard the Beeb are playing to the crowd. Just got around to watching MotD 2 and we're there as the opening game, a normal thing for the Champions, and into the opening lines the presenter, a Rag no less, describes us as 'The Hundred Point Team'. Now, I have no issues with this per se but in the context of it, it was much easier to say Centurions, which would have held just as much clout.

Seems to me that the Beeb don't want to push the mantra, unlike the Treble winners or Invincible's.

It's the little things, always has been.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby kinsey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Just shows how hard the Beeb are playing to the crowd. Just got around to watching MotD 2 and we're there as the opening game, a normal thing for the Champions, and into the opening lines the presenter, a Rag no less, describes us as 'The Hundred Point Team'. Now, I have no issues with this per se but in the context of it, it was much easier to say Centurions, which would have held just as much clout.

Seems to me that the Beeb don't want to push the mantra, unlike the Treble winners or Invincible's.

We need a new song about the Centurions!
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:46 pm

kinsey wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Just shows how hard the Beeb are playing to the crowd. Just got around to watching MotD 2 and we're there as the opening game, a normal thing for the Champions, and into the opening lines the presenter, a Rag no less, describes us as 'The Hundred Point Team'. Now, I have no issues with this per se but in the context of it, it was much easier to say Centurions, which would have held just as much clout.

I know one, and it only has 3 words ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby kinsey » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
kinsey wrote:

I know one, and it only has 3 words ;-)

Shit! Have I missed it? :(
kinsey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby mr_nool » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Here's a fantastic read about City's former head photographer:

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/life-through-a-lens-manchester-city-photographer-sharon-latham/

She's obviously related to Mase:

“I was so blessed. Seriously look at that team I was working with. There was Nigel de Jong, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards. And then there was Carlos fucking Tevez. All of them were absolute superstars in their own way. Mario as well who was hilarious. For all of his madness he was a small child in a man’s body and I got so much laughter out of him. Then there was Kolorov. That’s my future husband and I love him. His wife may have something to say about that but I loved him. He’s the most beautiful man on the planet and he’s going to get stalked for the rest of his life!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:40 pm

mr_nool wrote:Here's a fantastic read about City's former head photographer:

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/life-through-a-lens-manchester-city-photographer-sharon-latham/

She's obviously related to Mase:

“I was so blessed. Seriously look at that team I was working with. There was Nigel de Jong, Vincent Kompany, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards. And then there was Carlos fucking Tevez. All of them were absolute superstars in their own way. Mario as well who was hilarious. For all of his madness he was a small child in a man’s body and I got so much laughter out of him. Then there was Kolorov. That’s my future husband and I love him. His wife may have something to say about that but I loved him. He’s the most beautiful man on the planet and he’s going to get stalked for the rest of his life!

At last, someone on my level! Get her set up on here.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:46 am

the good as well as the bad - we should acknowledge it on the rare occasions it happens with this raggy rag
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PrezIke » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:08 pm

Some shallow discussion about City's academy and possible move for a new keeper on the Guardian's Football Weekly podcast which was a shame as earlier there was some interesting bits from Michael Calvin who then proceeded to put his foot in his mouth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/au ... ekly-extra

Here were my comments calling them out:

Part 2 was fantastic from Michael Calvin...

However both he and Barry sounded both poorly informed and Calvin in particular, as though he couldn't wait to use Manchester City as an example of "the industry problem with football" (which makes sense given his views) over the rumoured emergency loan for Navas during part 3 asking:

"What is the point of having a £200m academy if under circumstances of duress you actually don't take advantage of that. It just shows up the whole academy thing for what it is another glorified piece of propaganda."

1) Aro Muric - considered a very bright goalkeeping prospect from City's academy - was recalled from his loan to NAC Breda. The story came out overnight Wednesday to Thursday, so they must have missed it, but that isn't the only thing they seemed to have either ignored or conveniently forgotten.

2) Agnus Gunn - Who was the most developed young keeper from the academy was sold this summer to Southampton for £13.5m so that hurt the quality of keepers remaining. City could not keep him as the 3rd keeper as he's too good for that now and Bravo could not be sold with the wages he's on.

They are also now in the business of selling academy/young players too good with buyback clauses if it comes to that point and there isn't space in the squad. This is actually in part meant to be better for the player with hopes leaving on such terms and changes down the road could lead the player to return.

So, point is, Grimshaw is many levels below the top squad and with the way Pep plays and demands, to just throw a completely unproven academy player in who is not even considered a top prospect as the backup is a very risky endeavor for a club with expectations that City does this season.

Meanwhile, the entire point is moot anyway as Muric is now the backup, and he is an academy product.

I like reading The Guardian and this pod in ways for their coverage, but there's no question that they are the more left wing version of fans/readers/journalists that have it in for us whilst on the other hand we have the Sun and Daily Mail type of fans who have it in for us from a more Brexit oriented POV.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:42 pm

So what was that shit on MOTD with Shearer and his mate (was it Danny Murphy, can't remember) saying that big Dave being pushed over in the box wasn't a penalty.
Has a push in the back become legal tactic now.
Twats!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:28 pm

So , as of today even Watford are in with a shout of the PL title.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:24 pm

Instead of wasting all this time on Brexit, the Government should pass a law prohibiting any League tables until six games have been played.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:35 pm

patrickblue wrote:So what was that shit on MOTD with Shearer and his mate (was it Danny Murphy, can't remember) saying that big Dave being pushed over in the box wasn't a penalty.
Has a push in the back become legal tactic now.
Twats!

Anyone that says that wasn't a penalty clearly has an agenda
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum