Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:13 am

Outcast wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/01/15/man-city-vs-chelsea-live-score-premier-league-latest-updates/

Shockingly good read.

Cheers for this. Enjoyed it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:20 am

On Sky at the moment Shteeve MacLaren is debunking the myth that Chelsea have had it tough pointing out their preparation for January has been poor. The preparation for this starts in November by rotating players then and giving tired limbs rest before the onslaught of games over Christmas which we all know is coming and around the corner. It’s no good fielding your best XI up to Xmas then moaning your players are tired. Tuchel has got this side of planning and player management horribly wrong whereas Pep and our team have largely got it spot on. 12 wins on the spin over the busiest period is ample testament to that.

Obviously the presenter is trying to portray that Chelsea have had injuries and such like but to give Shteeve credit he basically said a lot of that is down to training regimes and the way you play your football and your team selections. Rather a refreshing spectacle
nottsblue

Postby blues2win » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:37 am

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... l-22788623

This by Stuart Brennan is bang on the money about all the Liverpool and Chelsea whining.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carolina-blue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:41 am

[quote="blues2win"]https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-manchester-united-liverpool-22788623

This by Stuart Brennan is bang on the money about all the Liverpool and Chelsea whining.[/quo

:lol: :lol:

Manchester United have the most expensive squad in the league, and these days they only make it onto the television “top of the Premier League” graphic if the artist uses a smaller type size. :lol: :lol:
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby stupot » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:47 pm

Since the start of November Chelsea have won 1 more PL game than Norwich.
Chelsea are 12 points off the top. Frank Lampard lost his job a year ago this week 11 points off the top.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:56 pm

Are Manchester City turning English football into a Farmer's League?

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/are-manchester-city-turning-english-football-into-a-farmers/blt41064a4a78a97643

Are they suggesting we need to stop being good? Why don’t they look at other teams for being so shit and write an article on them not being up to standard?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:39 pm

Mase wrote:Are Manchester City turning English football into a Farmer's League?

https://www.goal.com/en/amp/news/are-manchester-city-turning-english-football-into-a-farmers/blt41064a4a78a97643

Are they suggesting we need to stop being good? Why don’t they look at other teams for being so shit and write an article on them not being up to standard?

They are worried. Very worried. The rags are languishing so far behind now they are in real danger of being cast adrift for a good decade or more. Which of course, is excellent news
nottsblue

Postby belleebee » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm

nottsblue wrote:

They are worried. Very worried. The rags are languishing so far behind now they are in real danger of being cast adrift for a good decade or more. Which of course, is excellent news

To be fair, the article didn’t contain anything particularly contentious: the answer to the question that headed the article was essentially ‘no’. Certainly it ran counter to the theme espoused in numerous articles over the last month, i.e. that ‘Something needs to be done about City as they’re too good for the rest of the league’*

*Meaning rags, dippers, chavs, spuds and/or gooners.
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:50 pm

nottsblue wrote:

Indeed, despite all the talk of boring, we all recognise that we are simply playing at a level consistently higher than anyone else here. With our rivals stumbling and having their own internal challenges, this is making us look even stronger. The media knows it and are now trying to stir everyone up against us. The narrative is only going to grow louder as the red tops bemoan us winning another title. It won't be long before we see what's the point headlines along with the more sinister racist oil references as the media look to demean our achievements and write our successrs off as if they didn't happen
Fuck the lot of them we are not going away any time soon
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:44 pm

salford city wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Indeed, despite all the talk of boring, we all recognise that we are simply playing at a level consistently higher than anyone else here. With our rivals stumbling and having their own internal challenges, this is making us look even stronger. The media knows it and are now trying to stir everyone up against us. The narrative is only going to grow louder as the red tops bemoan us winning another title. It won't be long before we see what's the point headlines along with the more sinister racist oil references as the media look to demean our achievements and write our successrs off as if they didn't happen
Fuck the lot of them we are not going away any time soon

Agree, fuck them all, trouble is this anti city narrative bears fruit, a recent example being the Emptyhad remark by Beglin, even though our average is 52k, but hey let's not stop the truth spoiling the poisonous anti city shit, still not much we can do with the media shills with their Red top propaganda, fuck them, we know the truth
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:09 pm

Are they suggesting we need to stop being good? Why don’t they look at other teams for being so shit and write an article on them not being up to standard?[/quote]
They are worried. Very worried. The rags are languishing so far behind now they are in real danger of being cast adrift for a good decade or more. Which of course, is excellent news[/quote]

Fuck the lot of them we are not going away any time soon[/quote]
Agree, fuck them all, trouble is this anti city narrative bears fruit, a recent example being the Emptyhad remark by Beglin, even though our average is 52k, but hey let's not stop the truth spoiling the poisonous anti city shit, still not much we can do with the media shills with their Red top propaganda, fuck them, we know the truth[/quote]

We do mate. Always diffucult when we have the constant drip-feed from the red top media but it does make it all taste so much sweeter when the bitterness surfaces. Saw a flag at Swindon EIDOS eleven idiots dreaming of success. Those were the days eh red shite - have you got any more for us?
salford city

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:25 pm

To be honest, Pep is turning the league into the Farmer League and I think more than signing Haaland, Kane or Mbappe, we need to convince him to sign an extension.
At the moment, I think he wants to go in 2023, so Khaldoon and the Spafia need to convince him. I have no idea how, maybe play the sentimental card, after 6 years here, it's hard not to love something, convince him to stay until we reach 10 titles, fuck knows.

I think that's the key to turn the Premier League into something that Bayern did in Germany, but 10 times bigger and better.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:58 pm

PeterParker wrote:To be honest, Pep is turning the league into the Farmer League and I think more than signing Haaland, Kane or Mbappe, we need to convince him to sign an extension.
At the moment, I think he wants to go in 2023, so Khaldoon and the Spafia need to convince him. I have no idea how, maybe play the sentimental card, after 6 years here, it's hard not to love something, convince him to stay until we reach 10 titles, fuck knows.

I think that's the key to turn the Premier League into something that Bayern did in Germany, but 10 times bigger and better.

I dont see him going without a chumps league. Add to that the current crop of youngsters and we could be in for a rare old time
salford city

Postby Dimples » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:10 pm

Was it boring when the Rags won 13 PL titles out of 21? Was it boring when the Rags won 8 PL titles out of the first 11? Was Fergie time boring?
Was it boring when the Rags put fuck all back into the local community?
Was it fuck!!!!
City have invested in east Manchester, involved the local community and do things the right way (fuck your fraudulent 'the UTD way').
Where are the articles on City's input to the local community and our brilliant organisation and holistic setup? What about the CFG vision and how that is playing out? You corrupt fucking cunts?

City are going to be bigger than the Rags.
Fuck off, suck it up you massive massive bunch of cunts.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby branny » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:32 pm

Five different teams have won the league in the last ten years. Between 1993 and 2011 Arsenal and the rags accounted for 15 wins with only Blackburn and Chelsea breaking the cycle so there's your proof that it's more competitive now.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Mase » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:04 pm

Yesssssss!

Athletic running a story about how Liverpool fixed the COVID results. Apparently returned the tests negative and ordered more that were faulty for the false positives.

No doubt the mainstream media won’t run with this though.

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:25 pm

Mase wrote:Yesssssss!

Athletic running a story about how Liverpool fixed the COVID results. Apparently returned the tests negative and ordered more that were faulty for the false positives.

No doubt the mainstream media won’t run with this though.

Must have been dodgy Chinese test kits

It wasn't Liverpool's fault.

[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby stupot » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:53 pm

Dippers will be crying even more now.
FIFA team of the year has been announced. World's best player, world's best defender and world's best full backs nowhere in site.
Little old City though have 3 players in. Cancelo, Dias and KDB.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Scatman » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:32 pm

stupot wrote:Dippers will be crying even more now.
FIFA team of the year has been announced. World's best player, world's best defender and world's best full backs nowhere in site.
Little old City though have 3 players in. Cancelo, Dias and KDB.

I can't work out if it is the real team of the year or the computer game.
Scatman

Postby Outcast » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:02 pm

I'm I losing my mind here, wasn't there s debate on 'farmers legaue' or was that taken down? I'm I having some kind of a deja vu here?
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum