Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby CTID Hants » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:38 pm

Dameerto wrote:The first fucking sentence from the guy commenting on the action in our game on MOTD and he finishes it with the value of our players in the starting eleven.

Unless we fielded a team £460M I think he was talking combined?

But yes it does get tiresome!

As mentioned, big up to Sinclair about Sergio getting overlooked again, let's hope Kun can get the last laugh by getting golden boot?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby everyonehatesus » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:Oh, and a message to the wife beating, dogging aficionado and general cunt on Talkshite.

Your shite team have gone. Close the door on your way out you classless disgrace of a man

The man's a cunt, sorry but he just Is
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:41 pm

Dameerto wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:The first fucking sentence from the guy commenting on the action in our game on MOTD and he finishes it with the value of our players in the starting eleven.

Thought he was quite complementary throughout. Even saying are you watching Madrid.

Sinclair is class. Spot on. And fair play from jenas. Thought we were awesome rather than Chelsea poor.

How many other teams tonight have had the value of their starting eleven quoted by the commentator? How many teams other than City ever have the value of their starting eleven quoted? It's not the tone of his commentary that I am annoyed with, it's the fact that he needs to mention the value. And only ever Man City's value.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I believe the commentator was referring to both starting line ups combined.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:43 pm

everyonehatesus wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Oh, and a message to the wife beating, dogging aficionado and general cunt on Talkshite.

Your shite team have gone. Close the door on your way out you classless disgrace of a man

Never ever apologise for calling him a cunt
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:11 pm

Feel sorry for Villa, having that bona fide cunt as a fan.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:18 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Thought he was quite complementary throughout. Even saying are you watching Madrid.

Sinclair is class. Spot on. And fair play from jenas. Thought we were awesome rather than Chelsea poor.

How many other teams tonight have had the value of their starting eleven quoted by the commentator? How many teams other than City ever have the value of their starting eleven quoted? It's not the tone of his commentary that I am annoyed with, it's the fact that he needs to mention the value. And only ever Man City's value.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I believe the commentator was referring to both starting line ups combined.

We don't get that when the dippers play the rags though, do we? We get a history lesson instead. The rags have the most expensive squad (and more importantly) the highest wage bill in the country, yet never a mention of it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:44 am

nottsblue wrote:
everyonehatesus wrote:

Never ever apologise for calling him a cunt

and his attempts at dogging were probably piss poor
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:17 am

This morning it's the MuEN surprise surprise. Instead of focusing on a good performance by the players, James Robson wants to cause trouble by starting a story on Zaba with:

'Popular Argentine is struggling for form and showed his frustrations in touchline bust-up with Manuel Pellegrini against Chelsea'

Touchline bust-up! Hmmmm all I saw wa a frustrated Zab. I didn't see a 'bust-up' but my eyes aren't what they used to be. Wanker!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby gillie » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:33 am

Mase wrote:This morning it's the MuEN surprise surprise. Instead of focusing on a good performance by the players, James Robson wants to cause trouble by starting a story on Zaba with:

'Popular Argentine is struggling for form and showed his frustrations in touchline bust-up with Manuel Pellegrini against Chelsea'

Touchline bust-up! Hmmmm all I saw wa a frustrated Zab. I didn't see a 'bust-up' but my eyes aren't what they used to be. Wanker!

Let's not focus on why he was subbed as he was in danger of being sent off let's just print bullshit.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:02 am

Mase wrote:This morning it's the MuEN surprise surprise. Instead of focusing on a good performance by the players, James Robson wants to cause trouble by starting a story on Zaba with:

Predicted this would happen in the match thread, utter Wankers
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:31 am

City are on a roll again and the pure vile in the media has been cranked up a notch yet again for sure !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:43 am

Liked this comment on Aguero from Garth Crooks:

Already BBC pundits have selected their candidates for this year's award and not one of them has even mentioned Ageuro. All the credit seems to have gone to Leicester duo Riyad Mahrez and Jamie Vardy, or Tottenham's Harry Kane, none of whom are in the Argentine's class. How strange because that is probably the one area we all agree.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:42 pm

Oh look, it's got its own article about it. The offside that is.
No mention of our 40th stone wall penalty not given.

Weird isn't it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:52 pm

Original Dub wrote:Oh look, it's got its own article about it. The offside that is.

Weird isn't it?

I have given up now. Plus the daily mail is the biggest media joke around.. it's as funny and as realistic as VIZ
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:00 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Oh look, it's got its own article about it. The offside that is.

Weird isn't it?

I have given up now. Plus the daily mail is the biggest media joke around.. it's as funny and as realistic as VIZ

I actually think the star is worse but I wouldn't even click on it because everything is fabricated bias. While the ones I put in here are just plain old bias.

I saw a headline on newsnow just now where the star are claiming a dipper takeover is about to happen and they will be richer than city.
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Weird isn't it?

I actually think the star is worse but I wouldn't even click on it because everything is fabricated bias. While the ones I put in here are just plain old bias.

I saw a headline on newsnow just now where the star are claiming a dipper takeover is about to happen and they will be richer than city.

That'll be ok then. There'll be nothing wrong with spending money, again.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby gillie » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:32 am

Weird isn't it?

What they don't mention or didn't at the time was how far Kyle Walker was offside for Spurs 1st against us at WHL he was so far offside Arsene thought he had a new fullback at the Emirates.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Original Dub » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:48 am

True Gillie.

They didn't mention it. And they certainly never considered doing a whole piece on it.

It's the usual. That's what it is
Original Dub

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:32 am

gillie wrote:

Weird isn't it?

What they don't mention or didn't at the time was how far Kyle Walker was offside for Spurs 1st against us at WHL he was so far offside Arsene thought he had a new fullback at the Emirates.

Walker wasn't offside, he was making his way back from the airport (having spent two weeks helping orphans in Uzbekistan) and just happened to find himself on the pitch.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am

Lest we forget Kane's offside in the same game, very similar to Aguero's in fact. Set piece so easy for the lino to see the line, only that time it was even easier for the lino as the City defence lined up on the edge of the box, so there was a big white line there for the lino to watch for any Spurs players on the other side of that line.

Come to think of it, Spurs play in white so maybe he thought Kane was part of the line, optical illusions and all that malarkey.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum