Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:21 am

I completely agree carl.

Here's a far better response

http://bet.unibet.co.uk/football/premie ... -justified
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 am

Original Dub wrote:I completely agree carl.

I remember his last year with us and I also remember telling all and sundry on this site that the man was a fuckign cunt who was misleading the city faithful as he had no intention of staying with us...I was told by many on here that I was out of order for slagging off a ' city great ' or words to that effect.

Some city fans are so fuckign blind it defies logic !!.. exactly the same as me and you banging on about a media agenda against city for the last umpteen years...we were also slagged off for our '' paranoia'' !!!!!

All you have to do is put the pieces together for fucks sake !!..there are some spastics on here that couldn't put a 5 year olds jigsaw together without international assistance!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:39 am

Original Dub wrote:I completely agree carl.

Both good articles OD, but I definitely find this one more erudite and better constructed.
There's even one decent discussion in the replies, between opposing fans that doesn't resort to the usual stereotypical crap.

Unfortunately, this isn't really the kind of stuff that The mainstream media will report, for the exact same reasons that the mainstream media ran with the original portrayals of both transfers.

It's like...I don't know, like some sort of media agenda type thing.

Maybe when hell freezes over.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:27 pm

Quinn thinks spurs will win the league before city do under guardiola

http://www.footballinsider247.com/sky-s ... -man-city/
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:53 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/ken-early-jose-mourinho-s-game-needs-to-evolve-and-fast-1.3016679

A more positive article for a change.

Very good read that, thanks for posting.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:52 am

A "War of words" Sky call it... interesting, but from where I'm sat, all I can see is one cunt moaning every chance he gets and the other one saying fuck all.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... -motivator
Original Dub

Postby The Maine Man » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Jonathon Liew in the telegraph today writes a piss take article belittling Pep. The man even looks like a glory seeking rag going through cold turkey. Choke it down Jonathon.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:03 pm

Original Dub wrote:A "War of words" Sky call it... interesting, but from where I'm sat, all I can see is one cunt moaning every chance he gets and the other one saying fuck all.

Note the use of the the past tense in their description of the timing of this war of words.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:A "War of words" Sky call it... interesting, but from where I'm sat, all I can see is one cunt moaning every chance he gets and the other one saying fuck all.

He made is debut V City in the Pre- sesaon Juan Camper game, he looked a twat and he was never accepted by the Barca fans or missed. He scored some cracking goals, but it always had a feel of he is off.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:13 pm

My 12 year old daughter has had to do a news magazine as a project at school. Anyway she has just finished and brought it home from school today. Just read through it and the back page was sport. The article she had written about was City players being out of control and being charged for their actions.

She asked me if I liked it so I said "yes but why the negative article on `City"?
She replied "there were no positive ones to write about them"

:shock: :shock:
gmercer1

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 pm

gmercer1 wrote:My 12 year old daughter has had to do a news magazine as a project at school. Anyway she has just finished and brought it home from school today. Just read through it and the back page was sport. The article she had written about was City players being out of control and being charged for their actions.

She asked me if I liked it so I said "yes but why the negative article on `City"?
She replied "there were no positive ones to write about them"

:shock: :shock:

Booooooooo!
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:00 pm

Sky Sports 1 tomorrow at 5pm a program about City behind the scenes. I believe it's a sort of tribute. It's one of those Prem League world things. It's also shown on BT sports tomorrow at 6.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby gmercer1 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:07 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Sky Sports 1 tomorrow at 5pm a program about City behind the scenes. I believe it's a sort of tribute. It's one of those Prem League world things. It's also shown on BT sports tomorrow at 6.

Will it not just be an hours show with our players being thugs and going around mugging old women and stealing sweets from children?
gmercer1

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm

I'm after finding thd program on footy tube but there's no sound. If anyone finds a good link please post it. It looks interesting.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Have it now through Kodi. Football repeats/shows. Going to give it a go.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:02 pm

Was really good and packed quite a bit into a short time. Good to see that football history didn't start with the PL, or that our dark period through the mismanagement of the late 70's and yoyoing 80's and 90's are short blips in a long history.

It comes across that City always were a big club in English football and really showcases the vision of the current owners and how the last decade has escalated us to the forefront of where football is going.

A lot of input from Gary James looking at where we came from and returning to Maine Road now. Interviews with Franny Lee and Niall Quinn, who seems to talk admiringly about the club although I know s lot hate him now.
Ends talking to the current players and Pep.
A very positive piece well put together.

See it if you get s chance.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:19 pm

A short piece on Sky Sports news about Manchester City ladies on course to reach the semi finals of the Champions League, they mentioned its something that the men failed to do. can't help but think that was a thinly veiled dig at the club.

Could just be para though.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby City64 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Murdoch and Sky can fuck off ! Always a double edge sword with that cunt if your not eating at his table !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby South Stand Balti » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:20 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Was really good and packed quite a bit into a short time. Good to see that football history didn't start with the PL, or that our dark period through the mismanagement of the late 70's and yoyoing 80's and 90's are short blips in a long history.

It comes across that City always were a big club in English football and really showcases the vision of the current owners and how the last decade has escalated us to the forefront of where football is going.

A lot of input from Gary James looking at where we came from and returning to Maine Road now. Interviews with Franny Lee and Niall Quinn, who seems to talk admiringly about the club although I know s lot hate him now.
Ends talking to the current players and Pep.
A very positive piece well put together.

See it if you get s chance.

Yes, I enjoyed it too and it brought back some memories. Niall Quinn did come across really positive and it was good to see they included City in the community. Generally a good advert for City, past and present.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 pm

Jesus wept.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals