Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:04 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if the media 'experts' will dismiss and devalue Arsenic's drubbing of Neverton, by explaining that it was achieved against only ten men, in the same way they did with us when we thrashed Klipperty's Klanfield mob ??.......

.......no, I didn't think so.

Slackjaw mentioned it again when talking about the amount of goals scouse have shipped away from home.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:32 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:I wonder if the media 'experts' will dismiss and devalue Arsenic's drubbing of Neverton, by explaining that it was achieved against only ten men, in the same way they did with us when we thrashed Klipperty's Klanfield mob ??.......

.......no, I didn't think so.

Slackjaw mentioned it again when talking about the amount of goals scouse have shipped away from home.

Even discounting the 4 we scored when they were down to 10, they'd still be on 11 conceded away, which is just 1 better than bottom placed Palace.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:32 am

I see the media are desperately trying to get Bernardo banned retrospectively, cunts.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I see the media are desperately trying to get Bernardo banned retrospectively, cunts.

Banned retrospectively? The keeper trapped his fucking foot under his leg. By accident I'm sure, but a fact none the less.
We were also in a very promising position to score had he been able to cut the ball back to Sane who was standing alone right in front of him.

Anyway, where was all the talk of retrospective punishment for simulation after that cunt for Everton pretended he got elbowed in the face and had Walker sent off, costing us two points?
If they were ever serious about this kind of punishment, that was the perfect time to set their stall out and tell the league it won't be tolerated anymore. But there wasn't a mention of it by the media, because it didn't suit their agenda.
Original Dub

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

Original Dub wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:I see the media are desperately trying to get Bernardo banned retrospectively, cunts.

Banned retrospectively? The keeper trapped his fucking foot under his leg. By accident I'm sure, but a fact none the less.
We were also in a very promising position to score had he been able to cut the ball back to Sane who was standing alone right in front of him.

Anyway, where was all the talk of retrospective punishment for simulation after that cunt for Everton pretended he got elbowed in the face and had Walker sent off, costing us two points?
If they were ever serious about this kind of punishment, that was the perfect time to set their stall out and tell the league it won't be tolerated anymore. But there wasn't a mention of it by the media, because it didn't suit their agenda.

It's laughable the way they have to nitpick
At made up shit because of the way we are
Playing.
Cunts all of them
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:31 pm

Nice piece on Aguero. Must be city fan!

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/footba ... y-1.669635
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:36 pm

SSN just managed to make no FA action for simulation by Bernardo sound like a Scottish 'not proven' verdict.
Their raggy disappointment is blatant and so pitiful.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Yes I saw that JC.

No "further action " will be taken after "alleged dive".

Who alleged it?
Original Dub

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Last weekend Lukaku got a sly kick in the face of a Liverpool player. Picked up on camera and the co commentator said he knew what he was doing and we might hear more about that. He certainly did know what he was doing imo.

But virtually nothing more was said about it and my guess is somebody was told to shut up. On MotD it got a passing mention so that Danny Murphy could say it was intentional, move on and that was the last time I think it was mentioned.

Roll on to this week and all sorts of commentator pundit, manager etc had a right big initial reaction to the penalty decision basically s aying it was a dive and he cheated. It took a little time but the replays were absolutely clear that it was a foul and a definite penalty yet still some crappy media go on about it suggesting he could get a ban even though it was a penalty. Nothing but a joke.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:SSN just managed to make no FA action for simulation by Bernardo sound like a Scottish 'not proven' verdict.

I saw the app had it as Breaking News. Fucking Breaking News? For a correctly awarded decision two days previously, which no one but their media department thought to question?

Fuck em
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Last weekend Lukaku got a sly kick in the face of a Liverpool player. Picked up on camera and the co commentator said he knew what he was doing and we might hear more about that. He certainly did know what he was doing imo.

But virtually nothing more was said about it and my guess is somebody was told to shut up. On MotD it got a passing mention so that Danny Murphy could say it was intentional, move on and that was the last time I think it was mentioned.

Roll on to this week and all sorts of commentator pundit, manager etc had a right big initial reaction to the penalty decision basically s aying it was a dive and he cheated. It took a little time but the replays were absolutely clear that it was a foul and a definite penalty yet still some crappy media go on about it suggesting he could get a ban even though it was a penalty. Nothing but a joke.

Tbh, I've heard nothing about it since MotD but, then, I don't pay money to Murdoch to watch to Sky.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:13 pm

Original Dub

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:05 am

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:SSN just managed to make no FA action for simulation by Bernardo sound like a Scottish 'not proven' verdict.

I saw the app had it as Breaking News. Fucking Breaking News? For a correctly awarded decision two days previously, which no one but their media department thought to question?

Fuck em

I thought there were a number of times tonight when we should have had a freekick, but the ref waved play on. He certainly wasn't going to give any debatable decisions to us. I wonder if the officials are effected by the constant media bleatings as if we look to con the officials for decisions.

If Bravo hadn't saved us we could have easily lost that game in the regular 90+ minutes.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:42 am

Original Dub wrote:On the ball, as ever

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... p-11404008

Unless you publish the story here it isn’t going to be read mate.

They don’t deserve the clicks.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Original Dub » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:02 am

www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pe ... l-11404941

No, he didn't blame the ball. You lying rag cunts
Original Dub

Postby littlebig » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:45 am

dazby wrote:

Agree. I never click into any of the red tops. Detestable
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby sheblue » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:04 am

littlebig wrote:
dazby wrote:

Agree. I never click into any of the red tops. Detestable

I refuse to promote any of their garbage.
No clicks form me.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 am

Just a quick mention for MOTD2 Spurs v Dippers coverage in case you missed it. Guy Mowbray decided to inform the nation that Guardiola's praise of the Carthorse team was 'churlish'. The rag colours again nailed firmly to the BBC mast.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dunnylad » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:16 am

And now some turgid headlines about being kicked out of the Caribou Cup for putting two subs out in extra time according to the Express http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... -Wolves-CC and the Sun https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... titutions/ - although it seems that (a) the rules don't say you are only allowed one additional sub in extra time excluding any other subs you haven't yet made; and (b) there are a host of other clubs in earlier rounds who subbed more than one player during extra time without punishment
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:03 am

Seen a few reporters staying that spuds loss was a good result for them as they can focus on bigger things, i believe poch said something similar. I can't help but think if we'd have lost that the same opinion would not have been offered.

Media darlings atm.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum