Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:47 pm

Aldridge is just an attention seeking no-mark, still trying to make a living as a self styled "Liverpool legend".
When all the shit was flying because Raheem had the audacity to further his career by leaving red scouse to a team with better prospects, there was Aldridge leading the boo boys.
He's a small time tosser whose ramblings aren't worth the paper it's printed on.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 pm

patrickblue wrote:Aldridge is just an attention seeking no-mark, still trying to make a living as a self styled "Liverpool legend".
When all the shit was flying because Raheem had the audacity to further his career by leaving red scouse to a team with better prospects, there was Aldridge leading the boo boys.
He's a small time tosser whose ramblings aren't worth the paper it's printed on.

He's a total gobshite mouthpiece for the dippers and you're right, he led the witch hunt against sterling.

Obviously a lot of hatred in him. Or racism?
Not sure
Original Dub

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:24 pm

He’s one of those English cunts that pretends he’s Irish on St Patrick’s day.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Mase wrote:He’s one of those English cunts that pretends he’s Irish on St Patrick’s day.

To be fair, he pretended he was Irish at least 50 times more that were not on a St Patrick's day ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Original Dub wrote:
patrickblue wrote:Aldridge is just an attention seeking no-mark, still trying to make a living as a self styled "Liverpool legend".

He's a total gobshite mouthpiece for the dippers and you're right, he led the witch hunt against sterling.

Obviously a lot of hatred in him. Or racism?
Not sure

They usually do hand in hand to be honest.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am

Aldridge didn't write that, he was paid for his name. Too many clichés, travesty of a piece.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Aldridge didn't write that, he was paid for his name. Too many clichés, travesty of a piece.

Whether he did or didn't, he is still happy for his name to go on it and to presumably collect some sort of payment. So to sell intents and purposes, it's his article.

The cunt
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 am

nottsblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Aldridge didn't write that, he was paid for his name. Too many clichés, travesty of a piece.

Whether he did or didn't, he is still happy for his name to go on it and to presumably collect some sort of payment. So to sell intents and purposes, it's his article.

The cunt

Of course mate, what I was thinking more of was that the media outlet that it was written for were using it as click-bait for the former Sky lovies. The Dippers would've clicked that in their drives whilst the Rags would've had a vested interest.

Interesting that these pieces are about anything other than the actual football; just use any cliché to somehow demean our club.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:49 am

Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Wow, you can feel the bitterness spilling off the page.
John Aldridge

John Aldridge: My Liverpool team of 1988 would have matched Pep Guardiola's Man City
Everyone is rushing to crown Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City team as the best we have seen in English football history, but people have short memories when they jump to that conclusion. 
Take nothing away from City, they are a top side with an excellent manager and after a decade of obscene money flowing in from their Arab investors, there would be something wrong if they were not a very good team at this stage.
A part of me will never be comfortable with the reality that City are only sitting where they are now on the football landscape due to the manipulation of our game by billionaires who have an agenda that doesn’t really make any sense to me.
Some have raised suspicions over why a guy like Roman Abramovich has thrown so much money at Chelsea or the Abu Dhabi-based group that owns City are so keen to spend billions on football, but there is nothing we can do about that.
They are using monopoly money and don’t care how much they spend, yet Liverpool and the rest have to try and compete with them or they will take the game away from the rest.
That’s why Liverpool had to pay a crazy £75m fee to sign Virgil van Dijk, with the owners of Paris Saint-Germain, Man City and Chelsea changing the game with their big spending madness. 
These people are using football to spread their assets and clubs like Chelsea and City and enjoyed plasticised success as a result in the last few years, but let’s not get carried away with Guardiola and his class of 2017/18 just yet.
If they get to the end of the season with more than 100 points on the board, 100 goals scored and have three or four trophies in their cabinet, then we can start to assess whether they are the best team of all-time.
The brilliant Liverpool team I was proud to be a part of in the late-1980s would have relished the chance to take on this City side and even if I am biased, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have given plenty of problems.
We defended from the front and had a wonderful work ethic, with a side featuring the combined talents of Jan Molby, John Barnes, Ray Houghton and Peter Beardsley turning in some performances in the 1987/88 season that were a match for what we are seeing from City now.
I was no fan of the United teams that dominated the Premier League for 20 years during Alex Ferguson’s reign at Old Trafford, as those of us with Liverpool blood coursing through our veins hated the success they enjoyed.
Yet you look back at a team with Peter Schmeichel in goal, Jaap Stam in defence, Roy Keane, Paul Scholes, Ryan Giggs and David Beckham in midfield and Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole up front and they would be a match for City.
Also, the Arsenal team that went through the 2003/04 season unbeaten - led by Patrick Vieira and Thierry Henry - would have pushed this City side back onto their heels and I still feel we haven’t seen them tested properly by their current Premier League rivals.
We have seen their defence making some big mistakes on the few occasions teams have got at them this season, but too many of City’s rivals are going into games feeling beaten before they go into games against them.
Liverpool were testing City before Sadio Mane was sent off at the Etihad Stadium back in September and since that decision, Guardiola’s side have gone on this incredible run of wins that has all-but wrapped up the title for them.
Let’s see what happens when City come to Anfield on January 14th as Jurgen Klopp’s side will not be afraid of them and as they showed again at Bournemouth, they are tearing teams apart with their attacking power consistently now.
Against teams that come out and play against them - which City certainly will next month - Liverpool have proved they can test any defence and while that game at Anfield may finish 5-5, I can’t wait to see how it plays out.
For now, we need to acknowledge the quality of the football we are seeing from City, but they need to win the title two or three times, pick up a few domestic cups and win the Champions League a couple of times before they can be hailed as the best English team of all-time. 

Scousers are natural comedians.

I think Aldridge has the hump with us, it might be down to his appearance at a function at the Etihad, he was greeted with silence and barely polite applause. He sulked and does Did one. It was funny sad at the same time. Scouser with an agenda.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 pm

Why in God's name would anyone care a flying fuck what Aldridge thinks?
or Nelille...or Scholes...or any of the old washed out ex-players?

It never changes a result on the field, it never changes our opinions of what we are seeing.

I couldn't care less if they think City's current team are worse than Granny Grunt's, over 60s Knitting Club FC. It still leaves us miles ahead of every other domestic team this season.

Fuck 'em and don't bother reading or listening to their agenda riddled shite.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm

Martin Samuel calling out rat face over greatness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:06 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Martin Samuel calling out rat face over greatness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eason.html

It is little surprise that much of the desire to place caveats around Manchester City’s form this season comes from those with an affinity to Manchester United.

It’s all they have right now: the charge that City are yet to keep hold of the Premier League title for more than one year.

For the same reason, Liverpool followers wish greatness to be measured in European titles; it’s all that keeps their club from being eclipsed by Manchester United, having failed to win the biggest domestic prize in the modern era.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:07 pm

Beautiful stuff Martin, as usual.

It's great having one journo who says it as it is.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:Beautiful stuff Martin, as usual.

We have been saying for fuckign years there was an agenda against City from the press as most of them had an affinity to the Munchens.

MS says it EXACTLY how it is.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Beautiful stuff Martin, as usual.

We have been saying for fuckign years there was an agenda against City from the press as most of them had an affinity to the Munchens.

MS says it EXACTLY how it is.

Bang on.
Original Dub

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:32 pm

Thats is about what i thought on reading it.

He seems to really have a bit of a beef about this, he genuinely seems pissed that some folk can't or won't see or acknowledge the coming into being of a potentially great team. He did an article today just to reply to the comments on this article - hilarious as he rips rag posters to shreds.

starts about half way down - worth a read
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... reats.html

Sounds like a man sold on the actual football being played and nothing else.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 pm

brite blu sky wrote:Thats is about what i thought on reading it.

He seems to really have a bit of a beef about this, he genuinely seems pissed that some folk can't or won't see or acknowledge the coming into being of a potentially great team. He did an article today just to reply to the comments on this article - hilarious as he rips rag posters to shreds.

Really enjoyed reading that. Cheers.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby RodneyRodney » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:00 am

"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby sidSmith » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 am

Made me laugh......

Then by this standard every and all one-hit wonders in music are greats. Redfrom96, Winnipeg.

No, they’re not. And if you’ve missed the point that spectacularly I really can’t be bothered to walk you through it. The only great thing here is your incomprehension. Oh, and the great bandwagon of the richest and biggest club in the Premier League that you boarded in 1996, when they had won three out of the last four titles. Didn’t really go out on a limb there, did you mate? Very impressive.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 am

sidSmith wrote:

Made me laugh......

Then by this standard every and all one-hit wonders in music are greats. Redfrom96, Winnipeg.

No, they’re not. And if you’ve missed the point that spectacularly I really can’t be bothered to walk you through it. The only great thing here is your incomprehension. Oh, and the great bandwagon of the richest and biggest club in the Premier League that you boarded in 1996, when they had won three out of the last four titles. Didn’t really go out on a limb there, did you mate? Very impressive.

Me too, and I was going to post that here. Just noticed 'Winnipeg' as well.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum