Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 am

Cattle prod will do the trick if you can get it by security. ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:26 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Chapman pushing for a retro diving ban for Delph on MOTD2 - how kind - watch the media campaign mushroom now :shock:
note the final line of his Wiki
Raggy Chappers

Only problem with this latest witch hunt is that Delph didn't successfully deceive a match official, so no dice Mr. Chapman.

he awarded us a free kick when it should have been a booking for a dive - which they would argue is a double successful deception ;)
The reality is that Rice took Fab out at the knees with a uncontrolled slide tackle...an obvious fact that seems to have escaped Chappers and his rag chorus.Let's see what Deathshead Dermot makes of it at 11.30 on SSN.

Nice one JC; didn't realise he had antecedents in the SS, although it could be the same for other 'referees' i.e. 'Totenkopf Taylor'. ;)
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Chapman pushing for a retro diving ban for Delph on MOTD2 - how kind - watch the media campaign mushroom now :shock:
Raggy Chappers

Only problem with this latest witch hunt is that Delph didn't successfully deceive a match official, so no dice Mr. Chapman.

he awarded us a free kick when it should have been a booking for a dive - which they would argue is a double successful deception ;)
The reality is that Rice took Fab out at the knees with a uncontrolled slide tackle...an obvious fact that seems to have escaped Chappers and his rag chorus.

Apologies, I didn't think he got a free for it, in my defence I was distracted whilst watching.

A player needs to have won a penalty, and/or got a opposition player sent off to be charged with simulation retrospectively.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/may/18/fa-to-punish-simulation-retrospectively-180517

Although
a) You wouldn't expect thick raggo's to know the rules.
b) I'm sure the FA might make an exception for us
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:29 pm

patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Raggy Chappers

The reality is that Rice took Fab out at the knees with a uncontrolled slide tackle...an obvious fact that seems to have escaped Chappers and his rag chorus.

Apologies, I didn't think he got a free for it, in my defence I was distracted whilst watching.

A player needs to have won a penalty, and/or got a opposition player sent off to be charged with simulation retrospectively.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/may/18/fa-to-punish-simulation-retrospectively-180517

Although

In all fairness PB, you can't expect the Scum lovers to even need to know the rules; they think anything as tiresome as those just don't apply to them.

Sadly, this has been the case for far too many years; it's now ingrained.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 pm

Michael Oliver refs the derby.

The Mirror say he is biased towards city:

Oliver has had his share of controversy in this fixture, coming under fire in March last year when he denied United a penalty at the end of the first half when Marcus Rashford was brought down by Martin Demichelis.

In the November 2014 derby in the Premier League, Oliver sent off Chris Smalling but let City keeper Joe Hart off the hook when he went aggressively close to the referee with his head.

Craig Pawson will be the man in the middle for the other massive derby of the weekend between Liverpool and Everton.

Martin Atkinson will be his fourth official with Lee Betts and Adan Nunn his assistants.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:24 pm

The Mirror report the FA ruling as an "escape" for pep:

FA remind Pep Guardiola of his responsibilities as Man City boss escapes sanction for Nathan Redmond encounter

The FA ordered Guardiola to explain his furious confrontation with the Southampton forward but haven't punished him
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:52 pm

The only reason the FA had to take a look was because the power of the media made them. The reality was that they couldn't actually charge him because Pep didn't actually do anything wrong, they were just pampering to the masses.

The media are a joke and only goes to show them up for the click bait they are. They don't report the news, they make it, and with the Rag/Dipper hordes falling for every word they say, nothing will change in the short term.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:he awarded us a free kick when it should have been a booking for a dive - which they would argue is a double successful deception ;)
Although

In all fairness PB, you can't expect the Scum lovers to even need to know the rules; they think anything as tiresome as those just don't apply to them.

Publishing an incorrect interpretation of the rules is a mere detail for our media friends
"Fans call on FA to ban Fabian Delph after 'dive' to help Manchester City beat West Ham
The England man appeared to go down a little too easily under a challenge from Declan Rice, with the free-kick leading to Nicolas Otamendi's equaliser"

The new rules state that Delph, if found guilty, could serve a two match ban if the FA chooses to take action. Everton's Oumar Niasse recently suffered a similar fate for his dive against Crystal Palace which earned his side a penalty in the recent 2-2 draw at Selhurst Park. If there is enough evidence to pursue action it could potentially mean that Delph will be out of the colossal Manchester derby at Old Trafford next Sunday. Manchester United are already missing influential French international Paul Pogba after his sending off against Arsenal with his crude challenge on Hector Bellerin over the weekend.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/fans-call-fa-ban-fabian-11636670
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:he awarded us a free kick when it should have been a booking for a dive - which they would argue is a double successful deception ;)
Although

the rules are a mere detail for our media friends
"Fans call on FA to ban Fabian Delph after 'dive' to help Manchester City beat West Ham
The England man appeared to go down a little too easily under a challenge from Declan Rice, with the free-kick leading to Nicolas Otamendi's equaliser"

The new rules state that Delph, if found guilty, could serve a two match ban if the FA chooses to take action. Everton's Oumar Niasse recently suffered a similar fate for his dive against Crystal Palace which earned his side a penalty in the recent 2-2 draw at Selhurst Park.
If there is enough evidence to pursue action it could potentially mean that Delph will be out of the colossal Manchester derby at Old Trafford next Sunday.
Manchester United are already missing influential French international Paul Pogba after his sending off against Arsenal with his crude challenge on Hector Bellerin over the weekend.

The Mirror. Say no more
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby freshie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm

nottsblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Although

the rules are a mere detail for our media friends

The new rules state that Delph, if found guilty, could serve a two match ban if the FA chooses to take action. Everton's Oumar Niasse recently suffered a similar fate for his dive against Crystal Palace which earned his side a penalty in the recent 2-2 draw at Selhurst Park.
If there is enough evidence to pursue action it could potentially mean that Delph will be out of the colossal Manchester derby at Old Trafford next Sunday.
Manchester United are already missing influential French international Paul Pogba after his sending off against Arsenal with his crude challenge on Hector Bellerin over the weekend.

The Mirror. Say no more

Exactly. Another gem from The Mirror. Guess the author

David Silva is a special player - but he shouldn't go down as one of the Premier League's all-time greats
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm

The mirror anti City rag loving bastards ban them from the press conferences soon bring them to heel.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby stevefromdonny » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:40 pm

what we should do but wont is to ban the mirror from city games at home, Fergie did it, carnt remember the paper, but he soon got the paper on his side
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:46 pm

freshie wrote:...another gem from The Mirror. Guess the author
David Silva is a special player - but he shouldn't go down as one of the Premier League's all-time greats

"Our man Stan"
the contemptible reward the contemptible
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:51 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
freshie wrote:...another gem from The Mirror. Guess the author

"Our man Stan"
the contemptible reward the contemptible

Well done! I trust you didn't read the article JC? No cheating! ;)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby freshie » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Good read on Collymore's bullshit agenda against us

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawa ... is-rubbish
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 pm

The Mirror are now the stand out anti city mouthpiece and they are led by a guy who beats women up.

This cunt has an anti city piece every single week and there is absolutely no doubt that they should be banned until they are willing to change their tune.
Allowing someone of that character a platform to express his views is disgraceful and I can't believe in this day and age there's not been uproar about it.

Especially when you think of how Andy Gray or even Rodney fucking marsh had their careers in the media crippled because of saying something stupid. This cunt beat up a woman and went dogging.
Original Dub

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm

FA Simulation Bans - for the avoidance of doubt
Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

freshie wrote:Good read on Collymore's bullshit agenda against us

http://www.football365.com/news/mediawa ... is-rubbish

Love that article. A good bit of journalism, using facts on the shite spouted by Collymore to show him up. What an odious twat Collymore is.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm

freshie wrote:Exactly. Another gem from The Mirror. Guess the author

What an absolutes whopper! Let me just quantify that. Henry states that Silva is an all time greatest and he should know as that's how hrs been classed. Currently Dave has the same amount of PL and Cup wins as Henry but has one more international trophy. And the way he plays is just has good, just n a different role.

Silva can even equal Bergkamp's ecord for PL titles if we win it this season, and nobody says he's not an all time great.

Simply click bait from some fucking no nothing fucker.

Don't give them the click bait they crave, the lowlife money grabbers. Yes, you guessed it, you click it, you pay their wages and keep them in a job.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 pm

johnny crossan wrote:FA Simulation Bans - for the avoidance of doubt

The media really are thick as fuck aren’t they!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum