Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:37 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:Lee Dixon who is supposed to be a blue by the way
Has now jumped on the could pep do it with lesser players (muen) bandwagon, it’s such a piss poor dig at pep and the club ,
Can pep cut it in the prem
To be a great club you have to win back to back titles
Can pep rebuild a team
Now this fucking wanker , Then Michael Shit Owen pipes in with I guess we will never know ffs,

Oh and the answer is yes he could. He has improved players where ever he has gone cunts

Lee's dad Roy played in goal for City but they didn't take Lee onto their books as promised when John Bond sacked all the Burnley apprentices. Never forgave us, ended up at Chester, Bury then Stoke before he made it at Arsenal.

Poor Dixon. That comment last night was the only reference to the dogshit coverage from Sky and BT. He was actually very complimentary and gave a bit of insight into how the defensive side played but then let himself down reverting to the media type.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:32 am

The following managers with big budgets and good squads failed to deliver:

Mark Hughes
Andre Villas-Boas
Big Phil
Frank Lampard
Moyes
Louis Vaan Gaal
Jose
Luis Enrique
Valverde

Having good players and spending big doesn't equate to success. It's about Philosophy, laying foundations.

The only slight I can put on Pep, he over spent on defenders to get it right. Apart from that, I wouldn't want to swap him with anyone,
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:57 am

Outcast wrote:The following managers with big budgets and good squads failed to deliver:

Mark Hughes
Andre Villas-Boas
Big Phil
Frank Lampard
Moyes
Louis Vaan Gaal
Jose
Luis Enrique
Valverde

Having good players and spending big doesn't equate to success. It's about Philosophy, laying foundations.

The only slight I can put on Pep, he over spent on defenders to get it right. Apart from that, I wouldn't want to swap him with anyone,

The best example is Fat Sam. Smashed it at Bolton on a shoe string. Moves to Newcastle and the rest is history
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:41 am

Brilliant..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tru_Blu » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:18 am

Mase wrote:Brilliant..

My ears are deceiving me. The Truth is finally being told.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby john@staustell » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Good old Durham. Just posted myself on the deluded Liverpool Echo site that they've had their 15 minutes of fame
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:26 pm

john@staustell wrote:Good old Durham. Just posted myself on the deluded Liverpool Echo site that they've had their 15 minutes of fame

Watch yourself, mate, they’ll be hunting you down from Scandinavia!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Outcast » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:26 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 05367.html

Wow, talk about being bitter. Isn't that racist? How can they get away with this shit, does racism only apply to black people and all other races it's a free fall assault? Why is it ok for American owners to own, suck the life out of a club, riddle it with debt and no questions are asked? the old cliche they generatd their own money, my arse. A big chunk of premier League funds are generated from middle Eastern TV rights and yet no questions are asked when it fills their own coffers. Are we saying Yanks are morally sound? Really? Do we think Yanks are cut clean, never involved in illegal wars, illegal arm deals? I'm not saying AUDG are cut clean, but this high morale ground bollocks is all about demeaning a certain race because it doesn't fit their narrative.

P.s this is not intended to belittle fellow American blues
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 am

Outcast wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city/arsenal-result-winning-streak-table-ffp-b1805367.html

Wow, talk about being bitter. Isn't that racist? How can they get away with this shit, does racism only apply to black people and all other races it's a free fall assault? Why is it ok for American owners to own, suck the life out of a club, riddle it with debt and no questions are asked? the old cliche they generatd their own money, my arse. A big chunk of premier League funds are generated from middle Eastern TV rights and yet no questions are asked when it fills their own coffers. Are we saying Yanks are morally sound? Really? Do we think Yanks are cut clean, never involved in illegal wars, illegal arm deals? I'm not saying AUDG are cut clean, but this high morale ground bollocks is all about demeaning a certain race because it doesn't fit their narrative.

Wow Miguel, not bitter at all eh? Wasn't an issue when scouse were allowed to walk off with it last year or for the majority of the SLY years when the other red shite were weaving their dark arts and getting a bigger slice if the financial pie here and in europe whilst also getting the fall back of an extra European competition when they could not make the big boys league.
This sort of article just shows how bitter the yank backed cartel is and how they waste no time in slinging the mud once they know the game is up on the pitch.
Am expecting west ham to be targeted over the coming weeks as no chumps league for the scouse furlough kids has massive financial implications for them
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:10 am

We need to be very careful though - these brown oil people are coming to our country and making these football clubs competitive. How fuckin dare they! Do they not know that owners can only be rich white nonces?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby littlebig » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 am

Some good responses to the article
littlebig
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vinnie Kompany

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Some real piss boiling out there atm. It’s all about the money again :lol:

Loving this, but strangely nobody has spoken to me about football for weeks.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Outcast wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city/arsenal-result-winning-streak-table-ffp-b1805367.html

This reply sums up everything about this pathetic piece of shite so called journo.

'' Hi Miguel, it's interesting how this issue of "ownership" raises it's ugly head whenever City are in the ascendency - and yet it seemed much more palatable when they were mid-table in November.

Still City's owners are who they are.

So how about - Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel - who owns 30% of the Independent and the reported "Saudi influence" of the paper.

At what point does ownership become relevant - is all of it relevant - is only some of relevant when it suits.

Are you being "press-washed" Miguel in your reporting?

Are your concerns legitimate regardless of where City are?

Or does City's ownership only really irk you when they sit on top of the table 10 points clear.

Is this honest, highly moralistic reporting, or is it disingenuous "oil-fuelled" writing stinking of hypocracy of the highest order?

I think we all know what's going on here don't we? ''
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Its a fair argument. Except its 25 years too late. Some of us (Not Miguel) have been saying this since the G14 and bigger clubs stitched up the game and all but guaranteed their success. Too late Sir and why now?
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:01 pm

salford city wrote:

Wow Miguel, not bitter at all eh? Wasn't an issue when scouse were allowed to walk off with it last year or for the majority of the SLY years when the other red shite were weaving their dark arts and getting a bigger slice if the financial pie here and in europe whilst also getting the fall back of an extra European competition when they could not make the big boys league.
This sort of article just shows how bitter the yank backed cartel is and how they waste no time in slinging the mud once they know the game is up on the pitch.
Am expecting west ham to be targeted over the coming weeks as no chumps league for the scouse furlough kids has massive financial implications for them
Deranged Delaney provides a benchmark for the degraded state of modern sports journalism - utterly corrupt and wholly dishonest.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby dave watson's perm » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:09 am

Reading the latest article on the BBC website about family man being bailed again and I noticed with incredulity not one single mention of "the former Man Utd player, etc". It is Wales this and Wales that. I find that incredible but not surprising.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:55 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:Reading the latest article on the BBC website about family man being bailed again and I noticed with incredulity not one single mention of "the former Man Utd player, etc". It is Wales this and Wales that. I find that incredible but not surprising.

This is such an important point to keep making - BBC Sport is a subsidiary of MUTV.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55891507
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:27 pm

Surprisinlgly very , very positive read in the Zürch Oberland Press , in the week Highlighting the win sequnce in only 65 days !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:30 am

Telegraph this morning -

“Manchester City might win the quadruple - and this is not good for English football”
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:35 am

[quote="Mase"]Telegraph this morning -

“Manchester City might win the quadruple - and this is not good for English football”[/quote

Genuinely would love us to sweep the fucking lot up the fall-out would be immense. Keep your treble, have that.
That is a truly shocking line that they have written though
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum