Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed May 24, 2023 4:51 am

nottsblue wrote:Must say there is a fair bit of truth in there from Samuel. All good things come to an end. But hopefully it won't be for a little while yet. And as a club, off the field, we are arguably in a better shape than the rags were when Bacon fucked off

But in essence, the manager is the most important guy at a club and to replace the best in the world who is a serial winner is gonna be a very difficult job

Agree with this.Thankfully we have owners who are in front of most things. Pep’s future is now short term if you are being pragmatic. If we win the CL. It will start the clock IMO. His appreciation of everything and everybody on Sunday was a joy to see, it was so lovely and in my opinion a sign of the boss just possibly saying something without saying it!
MIAMCFC
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Wed May 24, 2023 8:04 am

6th story down on Sunday

Now it's all PR about charges all of a sudden.

Twats.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed May 24, 2023 12:28 pm

Nick wrote:6th story down on Sunday

Twats.

Got to keep the hoards clicking hapily...
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 24, 2023 1:26 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Twats.

Sadly it's the way it is. And articles denigrating City will appeal to fans of our rivals. Again, the way it is

Have a good birthday by the way my friend
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed May 24, 2023 2:48 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:

Twats.

Sadly it's the way it is. And articles denigrating City will appeal to fans of our rivals. Again, the way it is

Have a good birthday by the way my friend

Thanks Notts - I'll celebrate in the pub tonight when City beat BHA ;)
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Thu May 25, 2023 6:40 pm

https://www.skysports.com/share/12889372

Is this the beginning of the end for Slug Tebas?

So out of touch it’s embarrassing
nottsblue

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat May 27, 2023 4:34 pm

What the fuck :

If City’s title needs to come with an asterisk, my team of the season is easier: Brighton
https://www.mailplus.co.uk/authors/riath-alsamarrai
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Denis Law's Backheel

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 27, 2023 4:43 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:What the fuck :

If City’s title needs to come with an asterisk, my team of the season is easier: Brighton
https://www.mailplus.co.uk/authors/riath-alsamarrai

Laughable

We are in with a chance of a treble of PL FA Cup & CL. Only two teams have ever been in this position before.

Dippers in 1977 & rags in 1999.

And of course, only one actually did it. So regardless of how we fare in the respective finals, the achievement is still phenomenal. To then say Brighton are the team of the season is quite frankly an insult.

Brighton in the PL were clapping whilst we were parading the trophy. Again. For the fifth time in six years
nottsblue

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 28, 2023 5:14 am

Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby salford city » Sun May 28, 2023 5:23 am

Original Dub wrote:More from the mail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ayers.html

The more articles that I (don't) read like this, the more successful we have become. It breaks their tiny hearts - love it
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ayrshireblue » Mon May 29, 2023 11:55 am

Just seen a piece on BBC News talking about Luton Town's promotion. Mentioned squad costs and said that Manchester City's squad cost over £1 billion and Luton's was about £3 or £4 million. I then went onto www.tranfermrkt.co.uk which has all the transfer fees paid. Totalling up our transfer fees worked out at €916.7 million, converting that to pounds sterling at todays rate the figure comes out at just under £800 million. Now I know these are massive figures but that's the cost of football in 2023, but why do the BBC feel the need to inflate the cost of our squad - in a news article - by 25%. I had a quick look at Luton's transfers while I was on and it is a bit harder to get the figures for these but several player's are on loan with a compulsory purchase included so the true figure of Luton's squad is nowhere near the £3 or £4 million quoted, the loan for Nakamba was €5 million and the purchase cost at the end is a further €4 million. It looks like our squad cost has been inflated by something in the region of 25% while Luton's has been estimated at a figure roughly 1/8th of it's cost. Is this just disingenious reporting or is there a hidden, or maybe very obvious, agenda being driven here.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 29, 2023 4:21 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Just seen a piece on BBC News talking about Luton Town's promotion. Mentioned squad costs and said that Manchester City's squad cost over £1 billion and Luton's was about £3 or £4 million. I then went onto http://www.tranfermrkt.co.uk which has all the transfer fees paid. Totalling up our transfer fees worked out at €916.7 million, converting that to pounds sterling at todays rate the figure comes out at just under £800 million. Now I know these are massive figures but that's the cost of football in 2023, but why do the BBC feel the need to inflate the cost of our squad - in a news article - by 25%. I had a quick look at Luton's transfers while I was on and it is a bit harder to get the figures for these but several player's are on loan with a compulsory purchase included so the true figure of Luton's squad is nowhere near the £3 or £4 million quoted, the loan for Nakamba was €5 million and the purchase cost at the end is a further €4 million. It looks like our squad cost has been inflated by something in the region of 25% while Luton's has been estimated at a figure roughly 1/8th of it's cost. Is this just disingenious reporting or is there a hidden, or maybe very obvious, agenda being driven here.

Agenda.
You always hear:
- oil money spent
- Transfer fee's we pay that are actually inflated to fit the agenda
- And my personal favor: City can buy anyone, even if we proved in almost occasion that we don't go into bidding wars.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby zuricity » Mon May 29, 2023 6:25 pm

PeterParker wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Just seen a piece on BBC News talking about Luton Town's promotion. Mentioned squad costs and said that Manchester City's squad cost over £1 billion and Luton's was about £3 or £4 million. I then went onto http://www.tranfermrkt.co.uk which has all the transfer fees paid. Totalling up our transfer fees worked out at €916.7 million, converting that to pounds sterling at todays rate the figure comes out at just under £800 million. Now I know these are massive figures but that's the cost of football in 2023, but why do the BBC feel the need to inflate the cost of our squad - in a news article - by 25%. I had a quick look at Luton's transfers while I was on and it is a bit harder to get the figures for these but several player's are on loan with a compulsory purchase included so the true figure of Luton's squad is nowhere near the £3 or £4 million quoted, the loan for Nakamba was €5 million and the purchase cost at the end is a further €4 million. It looks like our squad cost has been inflated by something in the region of 25% while Luton's has been estimated at a figure roughly 1/8th of it's cost. Is this just disingenious reporting or is there a hidden, or maybe very obvious, agenda being driven here.

Agenda.
You always hear:
- oil money spent
- And my personal favor: City can buy anyone, even if we proved in almost occasion that we don't go into bidding wars.

Whilst the Rags can't even get the urinals and the drains sorted out and all have to put up with Old Pisstones smell on their trousers and shoes. Our owner and the City Board are investing 300 million to improve a Council house they do not even own and pay a Kings ransom for( compared to the bubble blowers of old London town). Yet idiots in the media sometimes still worry about "in the Long Term - if they get bored ". These extra non-Football projects will bring big Dosh into City's Coffers. Concerts, events, small business activities. Great vision and Compliments to the owners and Board.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby PeterParker » Mon May 29, 2023 7:21 pm

zuricity wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

Agenda.
You always hear:
- oil money spent

Whilst the Rags can't even get the urinals and the drains sorted out and all have to put up with Old Pisstones smell on their trousers and shoes. Our owner and the City Board are investing 300 million to improve a Council house they do not even own and pay a Kings ransom for( compared to the bubble blowers of old London town). Yet idiots in the media sometimes still worry about "in the Long Term - if they get bored ". These extra non-Football projects will bring big Dosh into City's Coffers. Concerts, events, small business activities. Great vision and Compliments to the owners and Board.

And to be fair, is not just City.
Is usually things that don't fit the pattern and the mass of idiots (rags, scouse, or fans). Usually the establishment, no matter the country, have the media and the agenda in their way.

I am mind blown locally that FCSB has lost all the trials with Steaua Bucharest, there was proven in multiple courts that they are not Steaua and they used the name illegally between 2003-2013 and still the media found a way to call Steaua - CSA Steaua to fit the agenda of the fans of FCSB (majority) and create confussion.

So, in conclusion, I think the only fair way is to ignore them and get only the media that you know will be either pro City or at least fair, but I can't think of anyone except Samuel.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 30, 2023 7:03 am

BBC picking holes in haaland's awards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/65751800
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby belleebee » Tue May 30, 2023 10:43 am

Original Dub wrote:BBC picking holes in haaland's awards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/65751800

Think they should sign those kids up as pundits though! :)
belleebee
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Bear60 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:43 pm

That prick on talksport chooses Ten hag as manager of the year and he reckons Pep has spent a billion pounds what an absolute Bell end where is his proof that Pep has spent that much
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 30, 2023 7:32 pm

Bear60 wrote:That prick on talksport chooses Ten hag as manager of the year and he reckons Pep has spent a billion pounds what an absolute Bell end where is his proof that Pep has spent that much

My wife asked me why i was laughing when got out of my car when i got home from the pub about an hour ago. I had talkshite on and they (no idea who the fuck they were) discussing Kane.

One argued if he stays another year it would be a season wasted.... go sign for Rags and at least get chumps league.

Then the next clueless cunt spoke.... go on a free next season to RM play your prime years there.... wait fot ..... wait for it....... and then be part of a swap deal with Haaland and end your career at City.

Only put it on because Spotify was playing up :lol:

How i didn't piss myself I've know clue
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Tue May 30, 2023 9:54 pm

Our friends down the quays managed to crowbar the trophy lift above a PL ILLEGAL headline - tragic. :lol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65697595
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 31, 2023 9:20 am

The Don of cunts, Miguel Delaney again.

Seriously, do his editors/bosses never pull him to one side and ask him to change to record, or at least make his hatred a bit more subtle?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 48167.html
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum