Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:05 pm

Advanced apologies as there's nothing new here. just found out and need a rant.

there's only one tie among PL sides scheduled on wed's Chupachupa Cup, right?

guess what game gets the feed on SKY ITA?
yes, Manure vs Burton Albion....

may Murdoch and puppets die in sore pain! wtf

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 pm

BookJunior wrote:
MUS wrote:Are we ever gonna get through a day without a headline article about Jose, pogba, lukaku, rashford and the rest of the clowns? It's incessant

Shearer: "Lukaku has joined one of the biggest clubs in the world" Blah Blah Blah.

Strange to say Shearer never joined them when he had the chance, especially when he loves them as much as he does.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:45 pm

So we have to win the PL and there are no excuses if we don't? What about the rags or the reigning Champions?

The Mirror's Andy Dunn believes Manchester City have the best attacking team and can have no excuses not to win the Premier League
Man City and Pep Guardiola will have no excuses if they don't win the Premier League title, says Sunday Supplement panellist Andy Dunn.

City have scored 11 Premier League goals over their last two games and have taken a three-point lead at the top of the table ahead of Sunday's matches.

They thrashed Watford 6-0 on Saturday The Mirror's chief sports writer Andy Dunn believes Guardiola and his side must win the Premier League this season.

Premier League,Today, 16:00pm
Manchester Utd v Everton
REQUESTABET SPECIALS UP TO 10/1
5+ Everton corners and 30+ Manchester Utd booking points12 / 1Lukaku & Fellaini to score, Manchester Utd to win and BTTS10 / 1Lukaku to score, Manchester Utd to win, Rooney to be carded and 50+ match booking points10 / 1Lukaku to score, Manchester Utd to win, BTTS and 50+ match booking points10 / 1Lukaku to score, Manchester Utd to win, 12+ match corners and Davies to be carded10 / 1Lukaku & Sigurdsson to score, Manchester Utd to score 2+ goals and 6+ Manchester Utd corners10 / 1Fellaini to score and Fellaini to be carded10 / 1Lukaku to score 2+ goals, Manchester Utd to win, 6+ Manchester Utd corners and 40+ match booking pts9 / 1Lukaku to score, Manchester Utd to win, 6+ Manchester Utd corners and Williams to be carded9 / 1Lukaku to score, BTTS, over 2.5 goals and Gueye to be carded9 / 1
£10 Free Bet, No Deposit Needed
"I got a lot of reaction when I wrote [in The Mirror] that he's got no excuses now, but the point I'm making is if you look at that team, you see the performance they put on and the array of attacking talent, then you see him bring on Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan and Bernardo Silva," he said on the Sunday Supplement.

"You see those three players come on when they are 4-0 up, and those are the types of players he has at his disposal going forward. You're thinking that nothing else but winning the title would be good enough for this team.

"They spent £200m in the transfer window and there's a suggestion in the papers today that it's the most expensive squad assembled in world club football at around £400m. So no, there are no excuses. Second isn't good enough for that team. That team is an exceptional, forward-thinking team.

Man City must win the Premier League title this season and there are no excuses, says Andy Dunn
"You could say that Jose Mourinho has bought Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic among others and spent a lot of money, so why are there no excuses for United? Well, they finished sixth last year and it's a big leap from there to first.

"Has Antonio Conte got an excuse? Possibly. He's lost a crucial player in Diego Costa and it's always hard to defend a title.

Oops! Remember you need to log in using your Sky iD to watch Premier League video
Match highlights of Watford 0-6 Man City
"These aren't great excuses but they are more feasible that any Pep may have. The point is that it is a reflection of how good they can play. They are the best attacking team in the Premier League by some distance."

Sergio Aguero netted a hat-trick at Vicarge Road on Saturday, adding to the two goals he scored over the week - once against Liverpool in the Premier League last weekend and another in a 4-0 win at Feyenoord in the Champions League.

Fantasy Six-a-Side
Pick your team for Manchester United v Everton for free to win the guaranteed £5k jackpot.
Much has been made about his spot in Guardiola's side but it appears his starting berth is more secure than ever, with Oliver Kay sure that City are a better side with the striker included

"He has been outstanding. The assist for Gabriel Jesus was the thing that seemed to please Guardiola most in the 5-0 win over Liverpool last week," The Times' chief football correspondent said.

"There's always been a question whether Guardiola would want a pure goalscorer in his team. Obviously, Lionel Messi is a prolific goalscorer but he's more than a pure goalscorer. Aguero has always been that penalty box player and the question has always been whether Guardiola would want that type of striker in his team.

Sergio Aguero has scored five goals in three games across all competitions
"He signed Jesus with the view of making Aguero a bit more peripheral, the way Guardiola used David Villa, Zlatan Ibrahimovic or Samuel Eto'o, who were shunted aside to make room for Messi and it seemed like he was going down that road with Aguero.

"But people say he is a purist and not a pragmatist but he is pragmatic enough to see that City are a better team with Aguero and are currently an absolutely outstanding team with two pure centre forwards up front. It's a departure for him."
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 pm

Wow, everyones on their A game today. Good Work A-
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:21 pm

Not quite sure where to post this but we (myself and some chums) were talking about Shrek, his two year driving ban and, especially, the 100 hours of Community Service that's been handed down to him.

With regard to the 100 hours element, one of my chums made the humorously pithy comment that Shrek will be going back to what he does best, namely; picking up rubbish in the street.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Not quite sure where to post this but we (myself and some chums) were talking about Shrek, his two year driving ban and, especially, the 100 hours of Community Service that's been handed down to him.

With regard to the 100 hours element, one of my chums made the humorously pithy comment that Shrek will be going back to what he does best, namely; picking up rubbish in the street.

It looks like he's hit the jackpot MC

Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby The Maine Man » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:46 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Not quite sure where to post this but we (myself and some chums) were talking about Shrek, his two year driving ban and, especially, the 100 hours of Community Service that's been handed down to him.

Nice to see him apologise for (getting caught) drink driving but not for cheating on his Missus. Class act that Rooney.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Swales4ever » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:49 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good shout!

Don't complain much at British Justice, tho.
we, the Commonwealth of People's North African Republic of Italy, few yrs ago have handed our own Berlooskon just a 2 yrs Community Service (elected to be served once a week at a Milan elderly care facility) for ntg less than the greatest fiscal scam in Italian history, yet absorbing a sentenced obstruction of justice by means of proved bribery to a judge of our Corte Suprema di Cassazione (different means from The Supreme Court of the United Kingdom, but still the highest court of appeal or court of last resort)

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:48 pm

I've been listening to a bit of Selco Talkspite over the last couple of days, purely because there has been so much talk, soul searching and outright criticism of Klipperty and his worsening record with the Dippers. It's been really amusing witnessing so much angst being suffered by so many. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last night, they were saying that, because of their poor defensive displays, Klipperty was going to play Oxtail Chamberpot at full back to try and solve some of their ongoing problems, starting with their Carrier Bag Cup fixture against Leicester. If this were to work out, then all credit to him (he is a genius after all), but they also slipped it in that Oxtail had cost a transfer fee of £55 million.

I thought he transferred to Scouseland for around £35 million but, if the £55 million figure is more akin to the truth, then this would make him the most expensive defender in the Premier League.

£55 million can't be right can it ?? If so, however, I wonder if the media will pick this aspect up whenever they refer to the Arsenic reject ??

All in all, I just hope Leicester dismantle them :D
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 pm

first thing first to mind, how the hell Arse are always able to get a bargain anytime they scrap an outcast?... amazing proper!

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4898372/Man-City-look-real-deal-s-worst-start-2014.html

Surprising, but the tables don't lie as they say
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4898372/Man-City-look-real-deal-s-worst-start-2014.html

Pep Guardiola football has arrived at Manchester City... but it's still been their worst league start since 2014

Manchester City have scored 15 goals without reply in their last three games
Gabriel Jesus and Sergio Aguero are developing a devastating strike partnership
But the stats show that City have in fact made their worst start since 2014-15
In the previous two campaigns they have begun season with five victories

By Ben Grounds For Mailonline

Published: 09:56, 19 September 2017 | Updated: 10:44, 19 September 2017

Manchester City produced one of the most complete attacking displays likely to be seen all season as Pep Guardiola's side dismantled Watford at Vicarage Road. The result, a 6-0 drubbing, sent an ominous message to their Premier League title rivals.

It was a performance full of verve with Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus developing a devastating partnership, David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne providing the creative spark and Ederson a reassuring presence in goal.

City have returned from the international break on a mission, and plundering 15 goals in three games without reply suggests things are clicking into place - but despite sitting top with an identical record as neighbours United, it is in fact their worst start to a season in three years.
Manchester City have looked in unstoppable form since the return from the international break

City required a late equaliser from Raheem Sterling to avoid falling to defeat on August 21

Such has been the club's recent history of racing out of the traps, 13 points from a possible 15 leaves them two short of the tally achieved after five games in both of the last two seasons.

The win over Watford added to maximum points being taken from Brighton, Bournemouth and Liverpool but they remain only joint leaders after the first five games.

PEP OUT!
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Justified logic » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:47 pm

Shocking!

Only 43 out of 45 points over the last three seasons. We're doomed! Doomed, I tell ya!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:08 pm

Written by an Everton fan that is trying to deflect from his team spending loads and still being shite.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:05 pm

"Sterling was offered to Arsenal as part of a player-plus-cash deal for Sanchez at the end of the summer transfer window, but a deal could not be agreed".

Sue them

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... p-11210069
Original Dub

Postby Jonty22 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

It looks like he's hit the jackpot MC

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jonty22
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: Pablo

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:08 am

Right on queue.
Must be a couple of weeks since our last investigation.
Dirty club, on and off the pitch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... s-remains/
Original Dub

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:24 am

Original Dub wrote:Right on queue.
Must be a couple of weeks since our last investigation.
Dirty club, on and off the pitch.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... s-remains/

I see no quotes from FIFA, they normally publicly announce these things, don't they?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Original Dub » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 am

There was no announcement mate. The media will not allow the club to have a positive week.

Just listened to ssn headlines

"Rashford with the goals again last night. Neville says he doesn't get enough credit".

"Meanwhile, city suffer injury blow."

Actually, that's immediately followed by a focus on rashford and phil Neville telling us he is as good as mbappe and has "everything "
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum