Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:47 am

Mase wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Is this story a April fool, or does Sterling want out ? I would like to know what the consensus is

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... eturn.html

After the abuse he got from them (including racial) whilst they forced every other club to boo him as well - if he even considered going back there it would just show what a thick twat he is.

I don't know what it is and I'm not clicking on it, but as it is in the Wail, it is almost certainly a distortion if not a lie.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Is this story a April fool, or does Sterling want out ? I would like to know what the consensus is

Absolute non story. All he said was he would never say never. And as for the dippers possibly looking to resign him, it’s laughable. All talk of transfers at the moment is just that: talk and wild speculation. Clubs have no idea of their budgets for next year with the uncertainty around season tickets, sponsors, PL money and even when football will resume. So there is zero chance of big money transfers going ahead once the window opens until all the uncertainty is over.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby nottsblue » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:25 pm

And i see Sky have an article about 50 players that got away, about all the great players they “nearly” signed.

Haven’t clicked on it but I imagine Pele and Messi and Maradona are in it
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:06 pm

Much as we all hate the Dippers, Sterling was employed by them. We've all had employers who we enjoyed working for, why should footballers be any different?
As far as I can see, he said he has a soft spot for them, end of.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:

Much as we all hate the Dippers, Sterling was employed by them. We've all had employers who we enjoyed working for, why should footballers be any different?

Don’t think anyone is saying footballers aren’t allowed to enjoy playing for a club.
If your employer abused you and your family because you said you wouldn’t renew your contract with them - would you enjoy working there? Unless you were just giving lip service of course.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Hazy2 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:09 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Don’t think anyone is saying footballers aren’t allowed to enjoy playing for a club.
If your employer abused you and your family because you said you wouldn’t renew your contract with them - would you enjoy working there? Unless you were just giving lip service of course.

Silence would have been golden. His time with us he has seen some fucked up decisions to known better ,
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:43 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Silence would have been golden. His time with us he has seen some fucked up decisions to known better ,

Agreed. I don’t know why footballs open their mouths!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:09 am

Silence would have been golden. His time with us he has seen some fucked up decisions to known better ,[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t know why footballs open their mouths![/quote]

Largely down to most being as thick as fuck and not realising what they are saying. In Sterling's case, he obviously has an affinity for the club despite the shit that was kicked up around him leaving there
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:14 am

He’s a weak human. That’s been shown many a time. He probably thinks they’ll give him less shit if he says he likes them.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:07 am

Mase wrote:He’s a weak human. That’s been shown many a time. He probably thinks they’ll give him less shit if he says he likes them.

That's where I was going with that. I do believe he thinks this will endear him to them. One way of doing it I suppose although his latest razor adverts showing him skipping round two players in all red probably won't......despite that never happening in real life for him
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 pm

salford city wrote:
Mase wrote:He’s a weak human. That’s been shown many a time. He probably thinks they’ll give him less shit if he says he likes them.

That's where I was going with that. I do believe he thinks this will endear him to them. One way of doing it I suppose although his latest razor adverts showing him skipping round two players in all red probably won't......despite that never happening in real life for him

Sterling only has a few tricks in his overall play , speed being one of them, and hes been found out by opposing players...he hardly ever dribbles past anyone these days.

He is light years away from the bag of skills Foden possesses.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:

Sterling only has a few tricks in his overall play , speed being one of them, and hes been found out by opposing players...he hardly ever dribbles past anyone these days.

Or the Otter in my opinion.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:02 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
salford city wrote:

Or the Otter in my opinion.

Surely Kolarov's the level he should be aspiring to
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:35 am

I honestly don’t think we’ll see the level of Kolarov again for some time at this club.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 am

Mase wrote:I honestly don’t think we’ll see the level of Kolarov again for some time at this club.

yes we've improved Massively since he left. :lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:46 am

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:I honestly don’t think we’ll see the level of Kolarov again for some time at this club.

yes we've improved Massively since he left. :lol: :lol:

If anything we’ve gone backwards in his position. Still struggling to replace the quality he had.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:31 pm

City NOT Furloughing staff. Class is permanent!
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Hazy2 wrote:City NOT Furloughing staff. Class is permanent!

It wont make the fucking news though, just like turning the Etihad over to the NHS didnt (apart from that bellend making a social media comment about it).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:47 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:City NOT Furloughing staff. Class is permanent!

It wont make the fucking news though, just like turning the Etihad over to the NHS didnt (apart from that bellend making a social media comment about it).

So Walkers banging brass 2 at a time, Wayne Rooney is spokesman for the players V the Government this is a fucked up world. Haha
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:57 pm

How fucking scummy are the media. ADNEC handover the London Arena to the NHS free of charge for the Nightingale project and get no praise at all. Then, the fucked up, lying, click-bait, media cunts state that ADNEC are charging 3 mil a month for rent and link it to City only for ADNEC to state that the only charges to the government were for utilities, which would be a fraction of that fee and have now been wavered - Abu Dhabi will fund the British government.

I’m not sure there’s a word that accurately describes these lowlifes. They lie to their readership who take it onboard and create racial stereotypes. The media are there to cause hatred and division in order to make a few quid. Well, the fuckers are getting nothing off me and a policy of never giving them a click is a good one.

Fuming.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum