Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:23 pm

^^^^^^^,
Bloody Spellchecker, i was trying to write Catalan !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:46 pm

Are the boxers actually fighting though ?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:27 pm

Nick wrote:Are the boxers actually fighting though ?

Certainly looks like it mate -

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:21 pm

Looked like pressers to me, doubt klitchko would be on the front line
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:42 pm

Judging from the intact glass in the windows, those pictures weren't taken anywhere near a front line.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:37 pm

“Front line” wasn’t mentioned Nick. You asked if they’re fighting - the pics show they were in Ukraine armed. I’d class that as defending their country, but it would depend what you’d see as “fighting”.

Lomachenko got a flight to Romania and then drove back into Ukraine. He’s in the TA there and although he didn’t have to go to the front line, he was in his country prepared to go to battle whilst bombs were going off.

I’d say that’s doing more than Zinch sitting in a mansion in the UK with his two French Bulldogs licking his feet and his blonde bimbo Mrs - crying every time he sees a camera. It’s tiresome.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:55 pm

Fair point but I also think big famous boxers dressed in army gear, with guns, doing fuck all but taking pics, is also bullshit.
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Outcast » Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:23 am

Nick wrote:Fair point but I also think big famous boxers dressed in army gear, with guns, doing fuck all but taking pics, is also bullshit.

Like others pointed out, they are in Ukraine contributing in some kind of capacity, supporting soldiers morality? Waving a flag in middle of a pitch and crying is not as the same being in Ukraine contributing. I didn't have an issue with him, it's just those tears and fist pumping, rallying cries thousands of miles away started to get on my nerves. He's all gob and no walk. He said if it wasn't for his daughter he'd be there. Just fuck off
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:48 am

If it were any single one of us on here who played elite level football abroad with millions in the bank, a stunning wife at home looking after your young baby, you'd also be heartbroken about what's happening in your home country but you're not going to give everything up because you realise how lucky you are to have what you've got in this short life we all lead.

Comparing a footballer with a boxer is ridiculous also. Different breed of sportsman and person.

This thread has gone pure brexit lads. Put yourself in zinny's shoes and each and every one of you would be doing exactly the same as him. As if zinny is going to take his scrawny arse over there and fight when there are better stronger men who can do his job.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:06 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:If it were any single one of us on here who played elite level football abroad with millions in the bank, a stunning wife at home looking after your young baby, you'd also be heartbroken about what's happening in your home country but you're not going to give everything up because you realise how lucky you are to have what you've got in this short life we all lead.

Comparing a footballer with a boxer is ridiculous also. Different breed of sportsman and person.

This thread has gone pure brexit lads. Put yourself in zinny's shoes and each and every one of you would be doing exactly the same as him. As if zinny is going to take his scrawny arse over there and fight when there are better stronger men who can do his job.

Terrible take mate, but you’re allowed your opinion. Should probably stop saying stuff like “any single one of us” and “you would be doing exactly the same as him” when you’ve pointed out people are different with your footballer vs boxer analogy. It seems to contradict your point.

I don’t think anyone in this thread has said what he should or shouldn’t be doing when it comes to flying back to fight. It’s more the constant crying. He’s said this week he cried when Arteta left City….my 1 year old cries less.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:34 am

Fair points. Re the boxer/footballer, while cut from a different cloth I actually meant a boxer (especially Loma and usyk) aren't exactly "working" every day like a footballer is so between camps they're going to muck in at home. But as alluded to by others, they're hardly going to be on the frontline, they'll be helping out in controlled areas away from danger.

End of the day, we're all incredibly lucky to have absolutely fuck all idea of what zinchenko and all Ukrainians are going through, I find it a bit churlish to be calling somebody a cry baby when we're in our privileged positions.

But aye, it's all opinions at the end of the day so I don't point any of this personally at anybody. Just feel some perspective is sometimes needed.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sun Mar 26, 2023 11:50 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Fair points. Re the boxer/footballer, while cut from a different cloth I actually meant a boxer (especially Loma and usyk) aren't exactly "working" every day like a footballer is so between camps they're going to muck in at home. But as alluded to by others, they're hardly going to be on the frontline, they'll be helping out in controlled areas away from danger.

End of the day, we're all incredibly lucky to have absolutely fuck all idea of what zinchenko and all Ukrainians are going through, I find it a bit churlish to be calling somebody a cry baby when we're in our privileged positions.

But aye, it's all opinions at the end of the day so I don't point any of this personally at anybody. Just feel some perspective is sometimes needed.

I totally agree with your points mate.

For me it’s less of the crying about Ukraine with him, it’s just the general crying. Like I say, last week he said he cried when Arteta left City. I’m sure it was just a Milner type statement to endear himself the Arsenal even more. Like the nonsense about him being a lifelong Arsenal fan when he moved there.

For me, I started to dislike him when he made Fern look bad against PSG. Club captain is trying to calm the situation and help you not get booked/sent off and he just totally disrespected Fern. Proper childish stuff and there was no need for it. I’m hoping Fern tore strips off him in the changing rooms.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:10 pm

BBC just now "Is Maddison undroppable?" :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:01 pm

johnny crossan wrote:BBC just now "Is Maddison undroppable?" :lol:

I saw that and laughed.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Hahahaha just reading that Sanè commutes from England to play for Bayern because his bird refuses to live in Germany :lol:

She “splits her time between London and Manchester.”

These players and their girlfriends hahaha. Class.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:21 pm

Mase wrote:Hahahaha just reading that Sanè commutes from England to play for Bayern because his bird refuses to live in Germany :lol:

Wtaf ha who's his bird?
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:23 pm

Nick wrote:
Mase wrote:Hahahaha just reading that Sanè commutes from England to play for Bayern because his bird refuses to live in Germany :lol:

Wtaf ha who's his bird?

REVEALED: Leroy Sane 'is commuting between London, Manchester and Munich', with his American model wife 'leaving Germany with their children', as £55m ex-Man City star struggles with life at Bayern

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11906041/amp/Leroy-Sane-commuting-Munich-Manchester-London-amid-Bayern-Munich-struggles.html
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:34 pm

With the goals scored last night, Ake equalized Weirghorts, the winter transfer window best deal according to the media.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carolina-blue » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:00 pm

For my own Metal health I have to stop reading media shit fantastic victory And all I see is
Rodri should have been sent off
Pep disrespecting Livershite players with celebration
Bus attacked I should know better by now Lol
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:16 pm

carolina-blue wrote:For my own Metal health I have to stop reading media shit fantastic victory And all I see is
Rodri should have been sent off
Pep disrespecting Livershite players with celebration
Bus attacked I should know better by now Lol

Jack “takes too many touches” :lol:

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum