Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:19 pm

Another 20 minute headline piece AGAIN about rooney. About rooney NOT leaving united.

They have basically done a wayne rooney tribute on ssn for two days.

If you were paranoid, you'd nearly think they were trying to push the real news to the back.
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Original Dub wrote:Another 10 minute headline piece AGAIN about rooney. About rooney NOT leaving united.

If you were paranoid, you'd nearly think they were trying to push the real news to the back.

It is sickening isn't it? Mentioned it on the China thread of just how silly is to have breaking news about a player staying at his club! Bonkers.

He can stay at the swamp for my money. Don't want to see the rags get mega money for a washed up has been
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby The Maine Man » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:57 pm

R5L now, programme discussing how City's academy is totally outstripping Utds. Great listening.
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 pm

The Maine Man wrote:R5L now, programme discussing how City's academy is totally outstripping Utds. Great listening.

Pity, must've just missed it while out in the car. Instead I listened for 5 minutes to Talks hits and their wall-to-wall Rag love-in. Radio off!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:24 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Another 10 minute headline piece AGAIN about rooney. About rooney NOT leaving united.

It is sickening isn't it? Mentioned it on the China thread of just how silly is to have breaking news about a player staying at his club! Bonkers.

He can stay at the swamp for my money. Don't want to see the rags get mega money for a washed up has been

Almost like they created a story to gain clicks...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:06 pm

rps20170223_230559.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:12 pm

Original Dub wrote:
rps20170223_230559.jpg

Truly embarrassing from sky.
A nothing story and they turn the studio into a rooney themed wankfest.

I've never seen such a sharp decline in a striker at his age. He is a squad player at a club 6th in the league.
Yet it's the biggest thing to happen in football all week.

They should have the whole hour dedicated to city after the entertainment we provided.
Original Dub

Postby gmercer1 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
rps20170223_230559.jpg

Truly embarrassing from sky.
A nothing story and they turn the studio into a rooney themed wankfest.

I've never seen such a sharp decline in a striker at his age. He is a squad player at a club 6th in the league.
Yet it's the biggest thing to happen in football all week.

They should have the whole hour dedicated to city after the entertainment we provided.

and he is STILL the England captain!!!!! What is that all about
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:43 pm

Mersin sat on the Sky panel talking about Everton v Sunderland today. He then says that there are never any empty seats at Sunderland as football is a way of life. Out of the blue he then says there are always empty seats at man city and that we were on the radio this morning trying to sell our tickets. Why he chose us and did not mention any other club is beyond me. I just checked and our average gate this season is 54047 and Sunderland's is 41592. Slight flaw in mersons comments, but not a flaw anyone on sky will point out.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby nottsblue » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:58 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Mersin sat on the Sky panel talking about Everton v Sunderland today. He then says that there are never any empty seats at Sunderland as football is a way of life. Out of the blue he then says there are always empty seats at man city and that we were on the radio this morning trying to sell our tickets. Why he chose us and did not mention any other club is beyond me. I just checked and our average gate this season is 54047 and Sunderland's is 41592. Slight flaw in mersons comments, but not a flaw anyone on sky will point out.

The clue is in the first line. DC is a buffoon who can barely pronounce players names. You could a randomer out of a crowd who wouldn't be any worse at punditry than him
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:08 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Mersin sat on the Sky panel talking about Everton v Sunderland today. He then says that there are never any empty seats at Sunderland as football is a way of life. Out of the blue he then says there are always empty seats at man city and that we were on the radio this morning trying to sell our tickets. Why he chose us and did not mention any other club is beyond me. I just checked and our average gate this season is 54047 and Sunderland's is 41592. Slight flaw in mersons comments, but not a flaw anyone on sky will point out.

A simple check of stats would do him the world of good. Can't read though
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:12 pm

nottsblue wrote:

The clue is in the first line. DC is a buffoon who can barely pronounce players names. You could a randomer out of a crowd who wouldn't be any worse at punditry than him

The problem is that people believe him. He must be gutted at our rousing atmos during the week.
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:

A simple check of stats would do him the world of good. Can't read though

A goodly dose of haemorrhoids would also do him the world of good.

That might put all his talk of empty seats in a different context and give him something better to contemplate.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:35 pm

Merson is the one they go to when they want to make a point and is scripted to do so. Wtf have we got to do with anything this weekend?

Just like the Wiggy non-story that was reported around the clock, these cunts are on script to big up their cuntish teams and belittle ours. Anybody would've thought most of the media would've been salivating to report that game on Tuesday but instead went with the Rag PR that they were fed just to downplay our achievement.

Sickly cunts, the lot of them!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Propaganda in it's purest form.

Simple.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:01 pm

Original Dub wrote:Propaganda in it's purest form.

Simple.

Yep, and at the behest of the Rags who's PR machine plants the majority of stories. The fact that they're now doing it to somehow overshadow our achievements speaks loads about where they feel they are.

Look at their season, won games by cheating, bias refereeing decisions or just being paired against the easiest teams in the cup, yet they're still being reported as being the real deal, while down in 6th! Hell, their still being reported as being unbeaten in a million games even though they lost to the mighty Hull only a few games back, a tie that was determined on an offside goal btw.

Shit cunts are laughable and just wait and see, if Southampton get something tomorrow we'll probably be hearing how it was a fake result followed by Bale, Tranny and Griezman signing in the next few days!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:16 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Merson is the one they go to when they want to make a point and is scripted to do so. Wtf have we got to do with anything this weekend?

Just like the Wiggy non-story that was reported around the clock, these cunts are on script to big up their cuntish teams and belittle ours. Anybody would've thought most of the media would've been salivating to report that game on Tuesday but instead went with the Rag PR that they were fed just to downplay our achievement.

Sickly cunts, the lot of them!

Do you really think Sky would draw attention to the CL whilst BT Sports has sole TV rights to the games?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Reading the Star today and it is giving a run through of Stretford's matches on the way to the EFL final and it states that they continued our disappointing 6 match wait for a win against them. Must have missed us taking the piss for the large part of the league match at the Meccano Stadium! Tossers!!
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:Reading the Star today and it is giving a run through of Stretford's matches on the way to the EFL final and it states that they continued our disappointing 6 match wait for a win against them. Must have missed us taking the piss for the large part of the league match at the Meccano Stadium! Tossers!!

Mourinho's influence must be pivotal to this oversight as, just as in their 'non-defeat' against Hull, they didn't really lose to us because, in their eyes, the second half was just a little bit more even.

Cold, hard, harsh reality can't be allowed to get in the way of sunlit perceptions.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Justified logic » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:02 pm

The Maine Man wrote:R5L now, programme discussing how City's academy is totally outstripping Utds. Great listening.

Is this the programme?

Manchester's Cold War - battle of footballing youth
5 live Sport Specials

We investigate the lengths that the Manchester clubs go to, in order to secure talent from a very early age. We hear from the father of one of the world's most exciting talents.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ttzm0
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum