Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:23 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, we get labelled again without any real source, apart from Maureen gobbing off after spending how fucking much?

These articles could be taken straight from MUTV or some other Rag based outlet.

Just shows how worried they are, the jealous cunts!

Perhaps Mourinho is not being allowed to spend all the money he would like to waste invest in new players and, being controlled in this way, his outburst is akin to throwing his dummy out of the pram.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:36 am

Beefymcfc wrote:So, we get labelled again without any real source, apart from Maureen gobbing off after spending how fucking much?

These articles could be taken straight from MUTV or some other Rag based outlet.

Just shows how worried
they are, the jealous cunts!

Worst, laziest type of journalism. Basically City spend money so I'll write an article on UEFA FFP with absolutely no knowledge of Citys revenues for the next 3 years

I wonder if anyone has noticed that Ederson and Bernardo were slipped into the last financial year?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:05 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

Perhaps Mourinho is not being allowed to spend all the money he would like to waste invest in new players and, being controlled in this way, his outburst is akin to throwing his dummy out of the pram.

They spend money when out of CL but are more reluctant when in it. At least that how it seems.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:45 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

They spend money when out of CL but are more reluctant when in it. At least that how it seems.

Sounds like other clubs have seen them spend huge amounts on average players and now want the same for their average players.

Well, I do hope so ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:20 pm

They are trying to now say the rags have got a good deal at £40m because Chelsea have let him go as a gesture of goodwill!

WTF!!

They let him go because he is 29 and they've already bought his replacement who is seven years younger for the same money. Superb business by Chelsea.

The rags have been done. Again.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Matic hahahahaha

The same Matic that said he was devastated when Jose subbed him after 28 minutes?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 pm

THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Image

Thanks Carl I've banked that one for future use, which won't be long :lol:
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:34 pm

Media will report 29 year old holding midfielder Matic £40 million transfer to the rags as good business and the ideal player for Maureens system . In reality a hugely overpriced ageing playing being utilised in a negative boring system . Fucking media eh ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:52 pm

I made the mistake of switching on Talkspite tonight.

Only kept it on for a few minutes as it was a Scum propaganda broadcast, a lot of it eulogising at the prospect of Cirano Ibrahimovic returning to the Swampland next season.

Apparently, he would be a good mentor for Lukaku, amongst other things and with all the other, exciting attacking talent they've got, it would herald a return to the halcyon euphoria of traditional Scum footballing values (whatever they might be).

It certainly was gut wrenchingly, cringeworthy fare which prompted me to switch off at top speed.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:58 pm

City64 wrote:Media will report 29 year old holding midfielder Matic £40 million transfer to the rags as good business and the ideal player for Maureens system . In reality a hugely overpriced ageing playing being utilised in a negative boring system . Fucking media eh ?

Bog brush Mk2
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:11 pm

40 million? I'm sure it was originally reported as 50 so why did they knock 10 mil off?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 am

john@staustell wrote:

Just shows how worried

Worst, laziest type of journalism. Basically City spend money so I'll write an article on UEFA FFP with absolutely no knowledge of Citys revenues for the next 3 years

I wonder if anyone has noticed that Ederson and Bernardo were slipped into the last financial year?

Were they? According to the 2015-16 annual report, the MCFC financial year ends 31 May. Has the financial year been changed?
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:03 am

Beefymcfc wrote:40 million? I'm sure it was originally reported as 50 so why did they knock 10 mil off?

DM says £40m + £5m add-ons.
Justified logic

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:07 am

Justified logic wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Just shows how worried

Were they? According to the 2015-16 annual report, the MCFC financial year ends 31 May. Has the financial year been changed?

Bernardo signed on 26th May and Benfica announced Ederson to stock exchange on 1st June so I assume the deal had gone through on 31st May.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Justified logic » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:09 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Just shows how worried

Bernardo signed on 26th May and Benfica announced Ederson to stock exchange on 1st June so I assume the deal had gone through on 31st May.

Thanks
Justified logic

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:51 am

Justified logic wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

Just shows how worried

Thanks

Sneaky eh?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby sidSmith » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:53 am

john@staustell wrote:Sneaky eh?

Or smart and operating within the 'rules'. Then again, we've been fucked over before when believing we were within the 'rules'.
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:08 pm

I don't honestly think amortisation of about 25M per year, added to getting a dozen senior players off the books, will give any FFP problems at all!

Which makes stories like this all the more shit.

More so, I actually think we could add it to 50M a year - less than the TV increases - and still be in profit.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:14 pm

john@staustell wrote:I don't honestly think amortisation of about 25M per year, added to getting a dozen senior players off the books, will give any FFP problems at all!

Which makes stories like this all the more shit.

More so, I actually think we could add it to 50M a year - less than the TV increases - and still be in profit.

Im surprised anyone bothers putting in amortisation or depreciation in any P&Ls these days...there are other ways to include those kind of costs without fuckign up the P&L completely with the generic A&D calculation.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum