Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Fri May 20, 2022 8:41 am

Fucking Beeb sport again. Story on Managers speak before final game. A big beaming pic of Herr Klopp. Last time I looked, his team were second in the league. I look forward to the pictures of him crying in glorious failure on monday
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 20, 2022 10:01 am

salford city wrote:Fucking Beeb sport again. Story on Managers speak before final game. A big beaming pic of Herr Klopp. Last time I looked, his team were second in the league. I look forward to the pictures of him crying in glorious failure on monday

I remember him tapping the Burnley players in 18/19?
No one said anything bad about that. Was quite normal.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri May 20, 2022 8:03 pm

john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:
I once asked why a foregn guy supported the rags. He answered that he liked English football and as his national TV only ever showed the rags or Dippers his choice of clubs was rather limited.

Yes, but why? That's the million-dollar question.
I can confirm that I've seen City once in Romania in the 90s, and another time before 2004.

I am speaking from the point of view of a country that was very limited football-wise until 1989. After that, romanians had a colossal hunger to see football on tv, but they were fed by the rising media with the rags & scouse, barca & real.
I wrote here, I found out we were relegated in 2001 two weeks later after someone told me. Had no way of knowing with all of the rags/scouse games on the telly.

Now the local broadcaster here for the Premiership is owned by Eurosport (for 5 years now). Every game in the Pep era the commentators mention about the money Pep spent on defence (money that are mostly fake news).
I am 100% convince they are getting the brief from the main station of Eurosport, which is owned by Warner Bros.

Sorry for the delayed response Peter.
The answer is simple. If you show a couple of teams week after week and if the advertising about those clubs is always positive, the sheeple swallow it. Just like the sheeple here in England believe that the rags and dippers wealth grew oprganically and despite being exonerated by CAS, the sheeeple still believe we are the corrupt club. It's because it is an incessant message from the media.
It controls public opinion, it creates markets and audiences to sell to. That created demand increases advertising revenue and therefore increases the profits of all concerned.

The rags, dippers and Arse are media manufactured...and the sheeple follow as sheeple do

To be fair, John, every single person I have spoken to has said that we have to win on Sunday, otherwise they’ll be insufferable. Wolves fan (Rags are his 2nd team!), Rags, Spurs, Shef Wed, to name a few. The only ones who pull their face and won’t talk about it are Dippers and those who have Dippers as their second team.

What I think we are seeing is the media sycophants showing herd mentality and revelling in their own shit while others watch on in disbelief.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 20, 2022 9:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
john68 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
john68 wrote:
I once asked why a foregn guy supported the rags. He answered that he liked English football and as his national TV only ever showed the rags or Dippers his choice of clubs was rather limited.

Yes, but why? That's the million-dollar question.
I can confirm that I've seen City once in Romania in the 90s, and another time before 2004.

I am speaking from the point of view of a country that was very limited football-wise until 1989. After that, romanians had a colossal hunger to see football on tv, but they were fed by the rising media with the rags & scouse, barca & real.
I wrote here, I found out we were relegated in 2001 two weeks later after someone told me. Had no way of knowing with all of the rags/scouse games on the telly.

Now the local broadcaster here for the Premiership is owned by Eurosport (for 5 years now). Every game in the Pep era the commentators mention about the money Pep spent on defence (money that are mostly fake news).
I am 100% convince they are getting the brief from the main station of Eurosport, which is owned by Warner Bros.

Sorry for the delayed response Peter.
The answer is simple. If you show a couple of teams week after week and if the advertising about those clubs is always positive, the sheeple swallow it. Just like the sheeple here in England believe that the rags and dippers wealth grew oprganically and despite being exonerated by CAS, the sheeeple still believe we are the corrupt club. It's because it is an incessant message from the media.
It controls public opinion, it creates markets and audiences to sell to. That created demand increases advertising revenue and therefore increases the profits of all concerned.

The rags, dippers and Arse are media manufactured...and the sheeple follow as sheeple do

To be fair, John, every single person I have spoken to has said that we have to win on Sunday, otherwise they’ll be insufferable. Wolves fan (Rags are his 2nd team!), Rags, Spurs, Shef Wed, to name a few. The only ones who pull their face and won’t talk about it are Dippers and those who have Dippers as their second team.

What I think we are seeing is the media sycophants showing herd mentality and revelling in their own shit while others watch on in disbelief.

That would be fantastic, Beef, but I think the others will soon forget, as they usual do. I still have the impression that other fans are too gentle with the dippers based on the history and what they did to english football. They still get a free pass, imho.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 21, 2022 10:18 am

BBC Sport Football - no mention of Foden award - no mention of our record third U18 League Win - total guttersnipes. If they were Rags they'd be top billing - eg U18 Cup won by the swampettes massive feature by Cyrano Stone.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Scatman » Sat May 21, 2022 10:37 am

johnny crossan wrote:BBC Sport Football - no mention of Foden award - no mention of our record third U18 League Win - total guttersnipes. If they were Rags they'd be top billing - eg U18 Cup won by the swampettes massive feature by Cyrano Stone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61534914
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 21, 2022 10:49 am

Scatman wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:BBC Sport Football - no mention of Foden award - no mention of our record third U18 League Win - total guttersnipes. If they were Rags they'd be top billing - eg U18 Cup won by the swampettes massive feature by Cyrano Stone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61534914
hours after other news outlets and still no recognition of U18s from last Thursday BBC Sport is infested with rags and dippers.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 21, 2022 11:26 am

Media is full of “how to beat City “ articles though .
How anyone can even argue the point that the media are bias is beyond me .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby johnny crossan » Sat May 21, 2022 11:43 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Media is full of “how to beat City “ articles though .
How anyone can even argue the point that the media are bias is beyond me .

constantly spoiling their party - how inconsiderate we are :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat May 21, 2022 6:03 pm

D51B841A-FF4B-4EAC-94B8-90A3725A97B1.jpeg

Typical article, note the headline, “City Backlash”, then the first line of the subtext “Utd Backlash”. Subtle but it boils my piss. Journalism as an intelligent and honourable profession is dead, not only in sport but everything. In my humble opinion they should be called activists not journalists, because all of them are acting on behalf of someone with an agenda, in other words they are owned.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Sparklehorse on Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun May 22, 2022 1:06 am

Sparklehorse wrote:

Typical article, note the headline, “City Backlash”, then the first line of the subtext “Utd Backlash”. Subtle but it boils my piss. Journalism as an intelligent and honourable profession is dead, not only in sport but everything. In my humble opinion they should be called activists not journalists, because all of them are acting on behalf of someone with an agenda, in other words they are owned.

That image looked like Friday's chip paper...
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Sun May 22, 2022 1:52 am

They don’t light any candles for the people who died or were injured
That’s why I hate them and journos who suck up to them loath their We’re victims whining.
You have to admit the city is a cesspit of criminal low life, has the most unattractive dialect, and the worst fans ( excluding Evertonians they are ok ) in the
Entire leagues of England and Europe yet still the media adore them.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby Sparklehorse » Sun May 22, 2022 4:28 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Sparklehorse wrote:

That image looked like Friday's chip paper...

Thats all The Times is good for.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 22, 2022 9:51 am

The editor of this rag they call the star absolutely hates us. Every single piece on city is negative and today, they decide this is appropriate to the day that's in it

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-27027483
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Original Dub » Sun May 22, 2022 11:39 am

Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby branny » Sun May 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/evra-guardiola-man-city-dig-27031999

There's a couple of stories I've scrolled past this morning. Both from the Sun, five worst signings (Jo, Boateng, Rodwell, Bony and Mangala) then Seven world class players that have slipped through our fingers. Schmeichel, Sancho and Rabiot mentioned in the headline. Laughed as soon as I saw Sancho. Tripper, Sturridge, Denayer and Diaz were the others.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 22, 2022 12:49 pm

branny wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/evra-guardiola-man-city-dig-27031999

There's a couple of stories I've scrolled past this morning. Both from the Sun, five worst signings (Jo, Boateng, Rodwell, Bony and Mangala) then Seven world class players that have slipped through our fingers. Schmeichel, Sancho and Rabiot mentioned in the headline. Laughed as soon as I saw Sancho. Tripper, Sturridge, Denayer and Diaz were the others.

We got somewhere in the region of £60+M for those guys.

Keep writing the articles while we polish the pots on the sideboard
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun May 22, 2022 2:15 pm

nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:

Since when Diaz and Denayer are world-class?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 22, 2022 4:23 pm

PeterParker wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
branny wrote:

Since when Diaz and Denayer are world-class?

Or any of them
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun May 22, 2022 4:29 pm

Oh my god
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum