Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:09 pm

Absolutely loving the piss boiling we're doing :lol: Journalists suggesting we should lose more to keep things interesting, little soulless, boring City.

Thank you SM and Pep
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:26 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Absolutely loving the piss boiling we're doing :lol: Journalists suggesting we should lose more to keep things interesting, little soulless, boring City.

Thank you SM and Pep

When will the annual “how to stop City” stories start again? They’re always funny. Ian Ladyman telling professional managers how to stop City :lol: Brilliant.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Dimples » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:22 pm

Why are there no articles like the following?

'Is Klopp over rated and has his management fcuked up Liverpool?'

Liverpool's most important team members are 30ish with no young replacements in the squad and with many almost out of contract: Salah, Mane, Bobby, VVD, Jordan & Matip. How has Klopp allowed this situation develop?
In six years as manager of Liverpool Klopp has won two major trophies, a poor return compared to 8 major trophies won by Pep over five seasons.

OR

'Mercanary Salah is holding Liverpool to ransom'

Greedy Mo Salah is demanding £500K a week from Liverpool.
He does not care that such a selfish demand would destroy Liverpool's wage structure and cause unrest in a unified first team squad.
If he does not get it he is threatening to leave on a free and fill his boots elsewhere leaving the club who nurtured him and gave him the platform to display his talents in a mess.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:54 pm

Dimples wrote:Why are there no articles like the following?

'Is Klopp over rated and has his management fcuked up Liverpool?'

Liverpool's most important team members are 30ish with no young replacements in the squad and with many almost out of contract: Salah, Mane, Bobby, VVD, Jordan & Matip. How has Klopp allowed this situation develop?
In six years as manager of Liverpool Klopp has won two major trophies, a poor return compared to 8 major trophies won by Pep over five seasons.

OR

'Mercanary Salah is holding Liverpool to ransom'

Greedy Mo Salah is demanding £500K a week from Liverpool.
He does not care that such a selfish demand would destroy Liverpool's wage structure and cause unrest in a unified first team squad.
If he does not get it he is threatening to leave on a free and fill his boots elsewhere leaving the club who nurtured him and gave him the platform to display his talents in a mess.

You need a job as a sports journo!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby nottsblue » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:06 pm

European champions Chelsea have announced losses of £145.6m after tax for the year to 30 June 2021.

The Premier League club won last season's Champions League under Thomas Tuchel.

Their turnover went up from £387.8m to £416.8m thanks to an increase in broadcasting revenue.

But the club say playing games with no crowds because of Covid-19 and a reduction in profit on player sales were the main reasons for the loss.

Chelsea FC PLC continues to be supported financially by Fordstam Limited, a company owned by Roman Abramovich - with confirmation in the accounts that the club owes more than £1bn to "related companies".

The accounts also say that "the company is reliant on Fordstam Limited for its continued financial support". It says Fordstam has indicated support will continue "for the foreseeable future".

The club adds that under a "severe but plausible downside scenario of football being played behind closed doors in December 2021 and January 2022" it would be reliant on additional funding from Chelsea FC PLC, with further funds needed if the financial impact of Covid-19 were even more severe.

Premier League and EFL clubs recently chose to fulfil festive fixtures despite ongoing Covid-19 disruption, including a series of postponements and a record 103 Premier League players and staff testing positive for Covid in the seven days up to and including 26 December.

Chelsea's accounts also say there is £24.1m owed due to unspecified "ongoing legal matters" - while the club also decided an "impairment loss" of £17.9m was necessary against the value of its squad.

The club say since 30 June they have signed three players for a total of £109.7m - striker Romelu Lukaku, goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli and midfielder Saul Niguez, on loan from Atletico Madrid.

In the same period they say they have sold 13 players for a combined £103.7m. They could also receive up to £16.4m if outstanding clauses in previous transfers are all met.

Lost £145M. Absolutely shocking. Is FFP even a thing anymore
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Lost £145M. Absolutely shocking. Is FFP even a thing anymore

Only if your club name starts with M and ends with anchester City.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:55 pm

They won the CL and still lost £145m. Mental.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Mase wrote:They won the CL and still lost £145m. Mental.

well they did buy a Donkey.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:51 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:They won the CL and still lost £145m. Mental.

well they did buy a Donkey.

Werner or Lukaku? It’s like Blackpool beach there now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:48 am

Walker has married his childhood sweetheart?? Am I missing something here?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby IanWright » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:07 pm

What do you guys think about this new programme 'Anne' that is due to be aired tomorrow? It covers the Hillsborough disaster.

I'm rather controversial on this. I genuinely don't think we should dramatize events like this for eventual monetary gain (I don't know the someone this will be but there inevitably will be a "someone" at the end of the chain)

In a year where we're going to have a Jimmy Savile series aired by the very organisation that allowed the miscarriages of justice to occur, there's something very unsettling with the way the world is going.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:20 pm

IanWright wrote:What do you guys think about this new programme 'Anne' that is due to be aired tomorrow? It covers the Hillsborough disaster.

I'm rather controversial on this. I genuinely don't think we should dramatize events like this for eventual monetary gain (I don't know the someone this will be but there inevitably will be a "someone" at the end of the chain)

In a year where we're going to have a Jimmy Savile series aired by the very organisation that allowed the miscarriages of justice to occur, there's something very unsettling with the way the world is going.

They crave sympathy. I don’t think anyone outside Liverpool will watch it
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:21 pm

Mase wrote:
IanWright wrote:What do you guys think about this new programme 'Anne' that is due to be aired tomorrow? It covers the Hillsborough disaster.

They crave sympathy. I don’t think anyone outside Liverpool will watch it

Won't be on in my house.

I'd sooner sit on the fucking tip for an hour
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:30 pm

I won't be watching......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:32 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

I won't be watching......

I thought they had already done this with Ricky Tomlinson in it, sick of it tbh
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:01 pm

Stephen Graham in it? He seems to be in everything that involves that shit hole. Fat scouse twat.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nick » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:12 pm

Mase wrote:Walker has married his childhood sweetheart?? Am I missing something here?!

Saw a recent vid talking about his mrs.. thought he single after a split getting brass round?
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:14 pm

Nick wrote:
Mase wrote:Walker has married his childhood sweetheart?? Am I missing something here?!

Saw a recent vid talking about his mrs.. thought he single after a split getting brass round?

I thought he was dating some model, had a kid with another bird and was caught with prostitutes last year? “Childhood sweetheart” :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:34 pm

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:

I thought he was dating some model, had a kid with another bird and was caught with prostitutes last year? “Childhood sweetheart” :lol:

Depends what he understands from "childhood sweetheart". I also had a "childhood sweetheart" and crush for Tracy Lords.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby hayling22 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:18 pm

Not sure if true, but where do they get these figures?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... t-22623469

Manchester United and Man City's 'available transfer budget' compared to Premier League rivals
Manchester United will reportedly have more to spend than Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle United - after their cash injection.

Premier League clubs 'available budgets' according to FFP rules
From lowest to highest, per club_app.

Everton - £0m

Aston Villa - £5m

Southampton - £37m

Watford - £60m

Crystal Palace - £66m

Wolves - £70m

West Ham - £71m

Leicester City - £79m

Manchester City - £84m

Brighton - £85m