Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:Keane has finally come round..

Bugger, that takes me back. The youngsters might not know that one.

They used to play it at Full-Time at Maine Road. I remember my dad bought me a Football Album in the early 90s and it was on there :lol: Couldn’t get enough of it

I’m not quite sure how old I was but do remember miming the words as I didn’t have a clue. I was a shit singer back in the day, too busy looking elsewhere.

A nice remember.

Written by three members of 10cc.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:39 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Bugger, that takes me back. The youngsters might not know that one.

They used to play it at Full-Time at Maine Road. I remember my dad bought me a Football Album in the early 90s and it was on there :lol: Couldn’t get enough of it

I’m not quite sure how old I was but do remember miming the words as I didn’t have a clue. I was a shit singer back in the day, too busy looking elsewhere.

A nice remember.

Weren’t one or two of them Blues? I grew up on that as our song and even though I could sing it word for word now, it wasn’t the same when I was a kid. Bluemoon is, for me, a very recent thing, even though it’s been about 20 years now.

Oh, the days.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:36 pm

They’re pretending that Martial got racially abused after the match. They just gonna do this after every shit result to draw away from the fact they’re absolutely dogshit?!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:39 pm

Mase wrote:They’re pretending that Martial got racially abused after the match. They just gonna do this after every shit result to draw away from the fact they’re absolutely dogshit?!

Well, if you don't use social media shit like instagrab, twotter and facebag, you won't get abused will you ? simples.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sheblue » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:42 pm

Cant really see any creditable source for the klopp quit stuff.
Him and his team are completely burnt, no way can any team keep that up, even on steroids.
He has to either walk or start again.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:54 pm

zuricity wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

A nice remember.

Weren’t one or two of them Blues? I grew up on that as our song and even though I could sing it word for word now, it wasn’t the same when I was a kid. Bluemoon is, for me, a very recent thing, even though it’s been about 20 years now.

Oh, the days.

Graham Gouldman, i think comes from Salford - not sure if he has any football interests, He wrote several hits in the 60s for groups like the Hollies ( yes he really was young at the time , 20ish).

I think Lol and Kevin may have been "passive" city fans. Probably John , our street wise gaffa can explain it better, but in the fifties and sixties , certainly as I grew up , it seems like most of my catholic mates were Rag fans and City seemed to attract all the others , what ever faith or creed.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:17 pm

Graham Gouldman is a rag from Broughton.

Lol and Kevin possibly Prestwich Blues. Lol I think is. I seem to recall an article in which he said he was happy to do the song.

Who knows which side Eric Stewart has his footballing toast buttered?

They needed the advance money to build their studio. Nice that City made a crucial contribution to the careers of Manc musicians, red or Blue.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby salford city » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:40 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Graham Gouldman is a rag from Broughton.

Lol and Kevin possibly Prestwich Blues. Lol I think is. I seem to recall an article in which he said he was happy to do the song.

Who knows which side Eric Stewart has his footballing toast buttered?

They needed the advance money to build their studio. Nice that City made a crucial contribution to the careers of Manc musicians, red or Blue.

I remember the girl on the reverse side of the single and me ball's burst or somesuch?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:31 pm

Mase wrote:They’re pretending that Martial got racially abused after the match. They just gonna do this after every shit result to draw away from the fact they’re absolutely dogshit?!

A lot of people mentioned it a few games back when they were starting to look like their usual selves without the help of the officials/VAR. Neil Ashton must be working overtime to find or plant the detail.

Fucking Rags, how many clubs would target a media asset to dictate the news? Says all you need to know about that club.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

A lot of people mentioned it a few games back when they were starting to look like their usual selves without the help of the officials/VAR. Neil Ashton must be working overtime to find or plant the detail.

Fucking Rags, how many clubs would target a media asset to dictate the news? Says all you need to know about that club.

Fuck me again surely the unwashed masses must be starting to see this bullshit , What a dream job for the cunt known as Ashton , he was spinning shit before they were paying him (officially) now it’s all gravy what a shower of twats
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john68 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:35 am

carolina-blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fuck me again surely the unwashed masses must be starting to see this bullshit , What a dream job for the cunt known as Ashton , he was spinning shit before they were paying him (officially) now it’s all gravy what a shower of twats

And therein lies the problem; the science of mind control over the great unwashed, of which I think we are all members has had £trillions spent on it. It works. It's the reason we choose the produce we eat, the way we vote, the clothes we wear. Year after year we elect politicians we know are lying to us through their back teeth.
If the great unwashed can't work that out, what chance have we/they got when that same science is used to con the arse out of us football fans.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:12 am

john68 wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

And therein lies the problem; the science of mind control over the great unwashed, of which I think we are all members has had £trillions spent on it. It works. It's the reason we choose the produce we eat, the way we vote, the clothes we wear. Year after year we elect politicians we know are lying to us through their back teeth.
If the great unwashed can't work that out, what chance have we/they got when that same science is used to con the arse out of us football fans.

Neville must be in on it. The SKY platform Ashton Ex oh yes SKY.........
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:17 pm

john68 wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

100%
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:19 pm

City64 wrote:
john68 wrote:
carolina-blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

100%

Perhaps for another thread why do we still follow football , Especially us City fans that know we have been royally fucked over time and time again
carolina-blue

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:02 pm

Lee Dixon who is supposed to be a blue by the way
Has now jumped on the could pep do it with lesser players (muen) bandwagon, it’s such a piss poor dig at pep and the club ,
Can pep cut it in the prem
To be a great club you have to win back to back titles
Can pep rebuild a team
Now this fucking wanker , Then Michael Shit Owen pipes in with I guess we will never know ffs,

Oh and the answer is yes he could. He has improved players where ever he has gone cunts
carolina-blue

Postby Mase » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:37 pm

carolina-blue wrote:Lee Dixon who is supposed to be a blue by the way
Has now jumped on the could pep do it with lesser players (muen) bandwagon, it’s such a piss poor dig at pep and the club ,
Can pep rebuild a team
Now this fucking wanker , Then Michael Shit Owen pipes in with I guess we will never know ffs,

Oh and the answer is yes he could. He has improved players where ever he has gone cunts

These pundits think it’s harder to manage in the lower leagues :lol: We should ask people like Warnock whether it’s harder in the Championship or Prem..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:57 pm

Mase wrote:
Can pep rebuild a team

These pundits think it’s harder to manage in the lower leagues :lol: We should ask people like Warnock whether it’s harder in the Championship or Prem..

Great point
I don’t know why , this shit just boils my piss
Every time pep / the club slaps one down another pops up fuckin hasbeens
carolina-blue

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:05 pm

At the end of the day if a manager is at the likes of Stockport County or Bury or Tranmere or some such lower league club he isn’t going to go from there to manage at the top table. If Stockport beat Hartlepool or some such side, no one says “oh you can beat Hartlepool but can you beat the dippers 4-1 in their own back yard”

Pep is the best in the PL. his record since coming to us proves that statistically with the number of wins and points and trophies. And we have been the top scorers in English football every year so we are arguably the most aesthetically pleasing as well

Those morons in the media who question whether he can do it in the lower league are simply bitter and/or jealous. And for my money, long may it continue as it will invariably mean we are winning more trophies and the bitterness levels are going up!
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Sparklehorse » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:17 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Can pep rebuild a team

Great point
I don’t know why , this shit just boils my piss
Every time pep / the club slaps one down another pops up fuckin hasbeens

If Ole can, anyone can :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:37 pm

Can pep rebuild a team

Lee's dad Roy played in goal for City but they didn't take Lee onto their books as promised when John Bond sacked all the Burnley apprentices. Never forgave us, ended up at Chester, Bury then Stoke before he made it at Arsenal.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum