Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Football Media

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:03 pm

Ok , I am absolutely fucking fuming over how the media are labelling and portraying us MCFC over the whole Sterling issue , it has become a joke , they are (the media) an utter disgrace . I think now is the time the club MCFC tackled this scum for everyone's sake .

Thoughts .......
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:04 pm

City64 wrote:Ok , I am absolutely fucking fuming over how the media are labelling and portraying us MCFC over the whole Sterling issue , it has become a joke , they are (the media) an utter disgrace . I think now is the time the club MCFC tackled this scum for everyone's sake .

Thoughts .......

fuck 'em
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Bleed_Blue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:09 pm

We are gonna tackle it on November 21, that's the day we play Liverpool.
Last edited by Bleed_Blue on Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:09 pm

The Club ought to, metaphorically, put their pit-boots on and give the media morons a collective good kicking a.s.a.p.

When they've done that, the Club can then really get serious and go for their throats and jugulars.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Just a sign of how shit the window has been. Not much else to talk about.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:41 pm

It's all the bias and ignorance that gets a keyboard warrior down.:-)

But hey ho press on tomorrow!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:50 pm

Any kind of retaliation gets put in black and white and can resurface at any time. I hate the media and would love us to ridicule them and splatter their faces all over the web as being WRONG, however, I do like the way we say nothing, therefore nothing can be used against us.

I would like some legal eagles to knock on Jason "trigger" McAteer's door though, thick twat he is
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:56 pm

How would you propose we tackle them?

If we take them on then the levels of vitriol will likely only worsen.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Just keep doing what were doing and ignore them. They are only an annoying side issue. All their bias, negativity, narrow-mindedness, bitterness etc wont win. It wont.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:25 pm

sheblue wrote:Just keep doing what were doing and ignore them. They are only an annoying side issue. All their bias, negativity, narrow-mindedness, bitterness etc wont win. It wont.

They are all cunts IMHO who turn up week in week out smile nicely eat and drink free food at the Etihad and then fuck off to write their drivel.

UNTTER PONDLIFE.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:38 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How would you propose we tackle them?

If we take them on then the levels of vitriol will likely only worsen.

Unfortunately there is only one way to silence them. That is to keep winning. I agree with WW. I think the way City say nothing to them
is the only way to deal with them at the moment. Feed them nothing to beat us with, let them get it elsewhere. The quietest they have been in years was when were were ripping it up 2013/14 up until Liverpool emerged and looked like they would snatch it away from us. Then the media frenzy started. What a disappointment that was for them and they haven't forgiven us yet.
I think what we are seeing is what the term 'History' really means. Liverpool were very successful in the 70's and 80's and as a result have their ex-players planted all through the media in all it's formats. They are part of the PR machine and get their propaganda out sometimes subtly and sometimes not so. When we first wrestled supremacy away from United their hacks were all over us. United are still fighting us behind closed doors with the rest of their buddies, who incidentally are also their historical enemies (Cartel), but they invested in their success and are no way near as far behind as Liverpool are. They, in my opinion have woken up to what we are doing and have started to spend again and work on us in the FFP/UEFA political side of football to slow us down. At least they can see the hypocrisy of the spending big issue and were trying to use our ban as a time to catch up. Liverpool however did not invest in their success and have never really been successful in the Premiership era, although I know they won the Champs League.
The history is what is being pedalled in the media along with our arrogance etc. etc., but to me they are fast becoming a memory of a big club to anyone over the age of around 35. Anyone under that age probably doesn't know what all the fuss is about because it's 25 years since they won the league.
If we are winning still, which I expect us to do, in the next 5-10 years, then you are going to find a lot of the old guard in the media being replaced with people who are more relevant to the generation watching football. This is where the likes of Vinnie or Zabba or whoever will start to put a very different history across to the public.
I think what happened around the Sterling transfer in particular was vile and would make you lose faith in the modern game. There is no doubt in my mind that there is a dirty campaign against City at the moment and Liverpool being the most vulnerable of the top 5 in England are in a corner and resorting to the lowest of tactics, but I think they will be left behind pretty soon.
World domination is what the Sheik is aiming for and if this transfer window goes the way we hope it does (and it's not over yet), then quite a few clubs and their PR machines will find it hard to gloss over it with spin. That is why I think there is quite a few people working against us this window to try and derail us from our planned acquisitions. They are seriously scared. And so they should be.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:39 pm

City64 wrote:Ok , I am absolutely fucking fuming over how the media are labelling and portraying us MCFC over the whole Sterling issue , it has become a joke , they are (the media) an utter disgrace . I think now is the time the club MCFC tackled this scum for everyone's sake .

Thoughts .......

In a country where the media is run on behalf of a very small group of people, what else would you expect?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Forgot to mention one other thing. I would imagine initially that Sterling will be crucified at every opportunity, but if we get off to a good start and the Dippers are languishing in mediocrity, don't be surprised to find the same Liverpool legends turn their attention to Brenda and speculate on how long he will be left in charge.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:39 pm

We are like Novak Djokovic, the love is gonna be a long road. In the meantime we have to do our thing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:We are like Novak Djokovic, the love is gonna be a long road. In the meantime we have to do our thing.

A few, selected Court cases wouldn't go amiss along the way.

The same holds good for Platini and his gang of cronies.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:25 pm

the sky sports twitter post is a disgrace...
no mention the players whose careers bodgers has ruined...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Agree to a point that our way of giving the media nothing is classy and pisses them off but all they do like in this transfer saga is hit us with one huge bias dipper stick and we MCFC still stay silent ??? Yes we got the player but a what PR price ???? The vast majority of readers , viewers and listeners that don't support MCFC believe this media shit and propaganda / agenda and our image is taking a huge hit because of this when in all reality we as City fans know it is pure bias bullshit !!! It is easy to say lets stay silent , lets win the league and a cup then stick two fingers up at the cunts but we have already done that in 2012 and 2014 ,why the fuck should we have to do it again ??? This saga has shown us all the reporting has got worse even with taggart out of the way , it isn't getting any better and the kid Sterling,s reputation has took an almighty hammering in public and he is an England international ffs !!! Would love to see our legal team get involved at some level , I am sure there is enough out there , surely !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:48 pm

City64 wrote:Agree to a point that our way of giving the media nothing is classy and pisses them off but all they do like in this transfer saga is hit us with one huge bias dipper stick and we MCFC still stay silent ??? Yes we got the player but a what PR price ???? The vast majority of readers , viewers and listeners that don't support MCFC believe this media shit and propaganda / agenda and our image is taking a huge hit because of this when in all reality we as City fans know it is pure bias bullshit !!! It is easy to say lets stay silent , lets win the league and a cup then stick two fingers up at the cunts but we have already done that in 2012 and 2014 ,why the fuck should we have to do it again ??? This saga has shown us all the reporting has got worse even with taggart out of the way , it isn't getting any better and the kid Sterling,s reputation has took an almighty hammering in public and he is an England international ffs !!! Would love to see our legal team get involved at some level , I am sure there is enough out there , surely !

Fuck em. Let dippers and rags win the popularity contest while we (and Chelsea) take the trophies.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:04 pm

This is gonna be a long war, MCFC v Media.

We will eventually win but like IWT2012 says, it will probably take a generation for us to do so. Currently the media in all it's guises, is populated by ex players of the successful sides of the 80s 90s and early 2000s. That is only natural and as we were shit in those periods we have very little representation. As these dinosaurs are faded out they will be replaced by guys who were successful in the 2010s and beyond. Step forward Kompany, Hart, Yaya and possibly even Lampard, (obviously mainly Chelsea but he won't stick the boot in). Then we will get a fair representation at least on the TV.

The more we are successful, the more fans we will get and the more the papers will have to print favourable stories. It may take another 10/15 years but we will overtake the dippers and Arsenal as better supported. Unfortunately I think it will take longer to reel in the rags.

The present media will win small battles, but that's all they will be, but what they don't realise is they will only make MCFC stronger and more resilient. Let them write lies. Let them wheel out Aldridge, Barnes, Thommo, Robson, Yorke, Nicholas, Smith et all as very soon they will be yesterday's men, and very bitter to boot.

I like our regime of just getting on with things with very little said one way or the other until the deal is done. And even then we give fuck all away. It we don't say much then not much be used against us, in theory at any rate.

If all else fails, FUCK EM
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:This is gonna be a long war, MCFC v Media.

We will eventually win but like IWT2012 says, it will probably take a generation for us to do so. Currently the media in all it's guises, is populated by ex players of the successful sides of the 80s 90s and early 2000s. That is only natural and as we were shit in those periods we have very little representation. As these dinosaurs are faded out they will be replaced by guys who were successful in the 2010s and beyond. Step forward Kompany, Hart, Yaya and possibly even Lampard, (obviously mainly Chelsea but he won't stick the boot in). Then we will get a fair representation at least on the TV.

The more we are successful, the more fans we will get and the more the papers will have to print favourable stories. It may take another 10/15 years but we will overtake the dippers and Arsenal as better supported. Unfortunately I think it will take longer to reel in the rags.

The present media will win small battles, but that's all they will be, but what they don't realise is they will only make MCFC stronger and more resilient. Let them write lies. Let them wheel out Aldridge, Barnes, Thommo, Robson, Yorke, Nicholas, Smith et all as very soon they will be yesterday's men, and very bitter to boot.

I like our regime of just getting on with things with very little said one way or the other until the deal is done. And even then we give fuck all away. It we don't say much then not much be used against us, in theory at any rate.

If all else fails, FUCK EM

Totally this ^^^^^^
Anything other than silence with the media, would in my opinion, be even worse at the present time. It's hard to take, but our guys are playing a long term strategy and I believe are correct in their actions.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum