Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:52 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
gary james wrote:Thanks for the comments about my part in the PLWorld documentary. As with everything there's never enough time to get everything across and, although I talked extensively about Meredith, record crowds, Trautmann et al, there was never going to be the opportunity for the producer to get all if that in. It was a rapid progression through City's modern history with me trying to emphasise that it was the period Jan 1979 to Sept 2008 that was out of character for the club, not the modern era, though they couldn't get all of that in. What was reassuring throughout though was that they wanted to ensure City and what makes City special came through. I've done lots of TV work before but this was the first time, apart from the video/DVD I helped edit on City's history at the start of the 2000s, that a company wanted to understand what MCFC was all about.

Anyway, thanks again for the comments.

I thought it was a breath of fresh air, attitude-wise. I think it covered quite a lot in a short space of time and your contribution in particular was very good and helped set the tone.
It's true there were gaps, but maybe that period that you describe as being out of character with our history as a whole, was deemed the most appropriate bit to end up a cutting on the editor 's floor.

If as you say, the idea was to show what City is all about, I think it worked and it is great to see a positive piece about us out there.
I would only hope that it could reach a wider audience than the naturally interested, City fan.

Is it out there on the interweb, anybody got a link?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:59 pm

One page back, Beefy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:03 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:One page back, Beefy.

Whoops, been a long day/month!

;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:10 pm

Do yourself a favour and turn on ssn this evening.

Their lead story is mourinho saying west brom have an unfair advantage because they only had one player out on international duty.

And if that's not enough gold for you- sky then show stats for.... wait for it...

"The fewest goals conceded 2016/2017 in Europe's top five leagues - outside the top four"

In which the rags sit second in the table.

That is going to take some beating sky. Take a fucking bow son.
Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:Do yourself a favour and turn on ssn this evening.

Their lead story is mourinho saying west brom have an unfair advantage because they only had one player out on international duty.

And if that's not enough gold for you- sky then show stats for.... wait for it...

"The fewest goals conceded 2016/2017 in Europe's top five leagues - outside the top four"

Actually that's followed by a tribute to zlatan and a shorter tribute to rashford.
Ten minutes altogether
Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Actually that's followed by a tribute to zlatan and a shorter tribute to rashford.
Ten minutes altogether

Admit it OD.
Your on MUTV again. Aren't you?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

You forgot repeating footage of the tumultuous throng greeting the great Swamp legend Bastion Pigpoker's on his arrival in Trumpton :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

You're our very own Mary Whitehouse aren't you, submitting yourself relentlessly to the horrors of the media.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

Pray tell, who was first!!

Bit like the time under Moyes against some side at home they either lost or drew 0-0 and they managed to big up the stat they had 82 crosses.

Or anytime they play the dippers in "the worlds biggest football match"
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:40 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

You're our very own Mary Whitehouse aren't you, submitting yourself relentlessly to the horrors of the media.

Imagine how great it would be if the media and the officials became impartial?

Then imagine this place without me.

It's probably not worth it over all ?
Original Dub

Postby gillie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

Ronan it's sickening how both Sky and BT are desperately trying to keep the rags and candlepool relevant.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:49 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

You could concentrate on you troll hunting role instead. Another one of those totally necessary jobs that nobody wants to do.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby patrickblue » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:53 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

Bit like the time under Moyes against some side at home they either lost or drew 0-0 and they managed to big up the stat they had 82 crosses.

That was Fulham. They kept putting crap crosses in, Fulham just hoofed them all away. The media actually didn't fall for it and ripped gollum a new one, but of course, all they were saying was, "look what Moyes has done to the wonderful man u", hence making him a handy scapegoat.

Not 100%, but I seem to remember it being 92 crosses.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:05 pm

patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

That was Fulham. They kept putting crap crosses in, Fulham just hoofed them all away. The media actually didn't fall for it and ripped gollum a new one, but of course, all they were saying was, "look what Moyes has done to the wonderful man u", hence making him a handy scapegoat.

So it was actually 10 more than reported?
They just can't get fair coverage in the media can they?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:21 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

You could concentrate on you troll hunting role instead. Another one of those totally necessary jobs that nobody wants to do.

Exactly!

Thanks pal, it's great to be appreciated ;)
Original Dub

Postby patrickblue » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

So it was actually 10 more than reported?
They just can't get fair coverage in the media can they?

Criminal, aint it.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:42 am

BBC article on Whingers presser this morning, mainly about Sanchez, ozil and his positions at the club, anyway it then goes on "the former Monaco boss"!!!!

When the fuck did you hear him referred to as that??? Oh that's right just before we play them, a couple of weeks after we went out of CL to Monaco...

It's been 24years and a job in between, the snide cunts
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Scatman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:21 pm

patrickblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Ten minutes altogether

Whereas if it was Liverpool there would have been 96.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Wooders » Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:21 pm

CTID Hants wrote:BBC article on Whingers presser this morning, mainly about Sanchez, ozil and his positions at the club, anyway it then goes on "the former Monaco boss"!!!!

When the fuck did you hear him referred to as that??? Oh that's right just before we play them, a couple of weeks after we went out of CL to Monaco...

i know we get a rough time from the media but to take this as a veiled dig at us is being a touch over sensitive
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Tokyo Blue » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:00 pm

CTID Hants wrote:BBC article on Whingers presser this morning, mainly about Sanchez, ozil and his positions at the club, anyway it then goes on "the former Monaco boss"!!!!

He has managed Nagoya Grampus since then as well, mate, if memory serves.

It wouldn't surprise me if he came back to Japan at some point. They love him here. Nagoya are in the second division, so there is work to be done there. It would, however, be a rather more difficult for him to get his hands on young players from around the world if he were in this country.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum