Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 am

A bit of sense on the kdb situation. A lot more sense than fucking DROPPING the best midfielder in world football anyway, that's for sure.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... e-12841943
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 am

Gozza-Carragher back on SKY next season. :!:
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Hamaan just said that Belgium should someone else in for de bruyne. And they'd be a better team without him.

I heard that too Ronan, but to give it context, he did say that he’s not doing the role he’s being asked and he thinks it’s a case of pick a team to play your system, not just your best players.

Let’s hear his explanation of the third goal then.

I don’t agree with Didi, but there’s no doubt Belgium look disjointed and Kev for the most part looked disinterested.

There is no correct context for saying we bruyne doesn't deserve to start. For pretty much any team on the planet.

If Martinez is playing him in the wrong role then say that. Don't come out with stupid shit like dropping him from the team.

These are the very same people saying rashford should start.

It's agenda driven horseshite

I see a similar conversation on the WC thread. KDB not looking happy in the team.

I don’t know if it’s between him and Martinez or him and Hazard or what, but I would have liked to hear Didi talk us through, Kev receiving the ball from Courtois and doing what he does st City week in week out, putting Belgium through to the quarters in the final minute.

I think it showed where the creativity is in that team and what they should be getting the most out of. But he did not look happy for most of that game. That’s a fact.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:42 am

Bravo England, terrific night, the best team won, southgate vindicated... oh and sterling criticism.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... ombia.html
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:58 am

Original Dub wrote:Bravo England, terrific night, the best team won, southgate vindicated... oh and sterling criticism.

Not clicking that shit. Did they not mention how we turned rat shit when he went off?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:31 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Original Dub wrote:Bravo England, terrific night, the best team won, southgate vindicated... oh and sterling criticism.

Not clicking that shit. Did they not mention how we turned rat shit when he went off?

Not at all mate. And no mention of how any other player performed, good, bad or indifferent.

From what I saw he was a thorn in their side the whole time. That creates so much space for others, but the media seem to completely overlook this and focus on why a player out of position doesn't score goals.

Very odd.
Original Dub

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:35 am

Original Dub wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Not at all mate. And no mention of how any other player performed, good, bad or indifferent.

From what I saw he was a thorn in their side the whole time. That creates so much space for others, but the media seem to completely overlook this and focus on why a player out of position doesn't score goals.

Very odd.

I get all that, if Raheem had missed a penalty and we lost, or not taken one. The lad cannot win, fair play to Rashford he nailed his to be fair.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Outcast » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:08 am

Beefymcfc wrote:

If England miraculously reach the final it will be down to spuds players contribution, if we fail to beat Sweden, thats down to man city ruining English football.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:46 am

Outcast wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

If England miraculously reach the final it will be down to spuds players contribution, if we fail to beat Sweden, thats down to man city ruining English football.

Please, it's been insufferable this morning, there is a spud ST holder in our office bleeting on and on and on here, Kane this, Trippier that, fuckin Dier a modern day saint, if we do reach the final all I can say is I will then be posting from wormwood fuckin scrubs pending a fuckin murder trial.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:26 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Please, it's been insufferable this morning, there is a spud ST holder in our office bleeting on and on and on here, Kane this, Trippier that, fuckin Dier a modern day saint, if we do reach the final all I can say is I will then be posting from wormwood fuckin scrubs pending a fuckin murder trial.

Dier? Fucked up a great chance to win it with that free header, took his eye off it at the last second and that penalty he took was shit, lucky that Ospina's effort to save it was equally shit.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:34 am

Outcast wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Its already written in stone.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:10 am

I thought Razza was excelent, so did Danny Murphy

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 79101.html

Then you get idiots like the Moose on Talksport who says he can't see anything that Sterling has contributed yet. What's it like being in the wrong job for years Moose? He should stick to the ground catering reports
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:57 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Dier? Fucked up a great chance to win it with that free header, took his eye off it at the last second and that penalty he took was shit, lucky that Ospina's effort to save it was equally shit.

Exactly FIBD.
Expanding on the game (fuck the lickers match thread) it was a magnificent England win despite Southgate,s total tactical fuck up . Henderson and Alli were total passengers first half they didn't have a clue what they were supposed do , Henderson is out of his depth and Alli totally over rated . It was there their job to supply Razza and Lindgard , collect the ball from the back and build they did zip ! Did Southgate change anything second half , nope ! 10 mins to go all we need to do is stay on the front foot keep the ball and see the game out ........ Southgate brings on Jamie fucking Vardy then Eric fucking Dier and we become an antiquated long ball team effectively letting Columbia back into the game and England cant get a fucking kick wtf ??? How the fuck we got through extra time I will never know ......... Harry Kane was immense dropping deep to collect the ball hold onto it and draw fouls , he couldn't get a touch after Southgate,s tactical fuck up totally isolated so he as a man decided to do his own thing fucking brilliant display take a bow Harry Kane . Marcus Rashford also dropped into CB as we were exposed as fuck and he covered very well on several occasions but it was a mess of the highest order and totally avoidable but hey the players dug in and got the win and got Southgate off the hook it seems as no media source has took the cunt to task as yet how strange but heyho Razza gets the shit instead . I like Southgate , he has dignity and a touch of class and is doing the best he can but he is limited as fuck as a manager , a half decent plan A no plan B and fuck all else . England now have the best chance ever of reaching a World Cup final , if Southgate sorts his shit out we might even have a squeak of winning it .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:18 pm

john@staustell wrote:I thought Razza was excelent, so did Danny Murphy

Then you get idiots like the Moose on Talksport who says he can't see anything that Sterling has contributed yet. What's it like being in the wrong job for years Moose? He should stick to the ground catering reports
It's a miracle that anyone can understand any of the incoherent outpourings from his slobbering jowls
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:48 pm

City64 wrote:England now have the best chance ever of reaching a World Cup final , if Southgate sorts his shit out we might even have a squeak of winning it .

So it's "we" now England are doing well, is it?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby City64 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:44 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:
City64 wrote:England now have the best chance ever of reaching a World Cup final , if Southgate sorts his shit out we might even have a squeak of winning it .

So it's "we" now England are doing well, is it?

I’m English , if you think beating 2 pub teams in the shape of Tunisia and Panama then losing to Belgium,s reserves then overcoming an average Columbia minus its best player is doing well you need to give your head a huge wobble pal . You have a sense of humour Tokyo so I will take your post with a pinch of salt . Did I mention “we” are tactically inept ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:20 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
john@staustell wrote:I thought Razza was excelent, so did Danny Murphy

It's a miracle that anyone can understand any of the incoherent outpourings from his slobbering jowls

On the (thankfully) few occasions I've ever heard him talk he always sounds like someone has just belted him with a large shovel a few times round his head. Or he's speaking whilst simultaneously being submerged in a large pool of water and eating a doughnut.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby john68 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:27 pm

What I don't understand is why the hell do you all continue to read the or listen to the inane outpourings of the anti City media?

I have yet to read a report or listen or take any notice of any of it. The WC is about the football and having watched or listened to the games, most of you are aware enough to see and know what is going on yourselves, without being bombarded with, quite frankly, agenda ridden ex rags and dippers.

Try it...It may not make for elongated threads on here but it is far more personally satisfying not to be angered by dipping yourselves into shit.

That moronic rag Goldstein opened his show with a stupid comment attacking Sterling last night. My response was to connect Spotify and simply turn the fukker off.

This media shit is not aimed at thinking football fans, it is aimed directly at the idiot 'sheeple' who don't have the capacity to think for themselves,.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:15 pm

john68 wrote:What I don't understand is why the hell do you all continue to read the or listen to the inane outpourings of the anti City media?

I have yet to read a report or listen or take any notice of any of it. The WC is about the football and having watched or listened to the games, most of you are aware enough to see and know what is going on yourselves, without being bombarded with, quite frankly, agenda ridden ex rags and dippers.

Try it...It may not make for elongated threads on here but it is far more personally satisfying not to be angered by dipping yourselves into shit.

That moronic rag Goldstein opened his show with a stupid comment attacking Sterling last night. My response was to connect Spotify and simply turn the fukker off.

This media shit is not aimed at thinking football fans, it is aimed directly at the idiot 'sheeple' who don't have the capacity to think for themselves,.

John, although you are essentially correct , switch the tossers off and choose another option, in the end you still have to be informed. It is surely better to do, as this thread shows, to monitor the wide spectrum of BS delivered and make it known it is being monitored . Any simple , perhaps young reporter could use this thread and all of the links in the hundreds of pages to take an independent view of the media and clearly identify any agendas.

Goldstein for example is seriously biased.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Outcast » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:58 pm

zuricity wrote:
john68 wrote:What I don't understand is why the hell do you all continue to read the or listen to the inane outpourings of the anti City media?

John, although you are essentially correct , switch the tossers off and choose another option, in the end you still have to be informed. It is surely better to do, as this thread shows, to monitor the wide spectrum of BS delivered and make it known it is being monitored . Any simple , perhaps young reporter could use this thread and all of the links in the hundreds of pages to take an independent view of the media and clearly identify any agendas.

Goldstein for example is seriously biased.

His name is 'Goldstein', he's southern and supports manure, he works for talksport owned by 'Steins' who also own Sky among other media outlets such as Daily fail and Sun. Do you wonder why Tottenham always get praise and never get picked on? Do you wonder why there are so many ex Tottenham pundits in the media..this is for a club not even the 3rd biggest in the country and won fuckall god knows for how long!! This is a club ran by 'steins' backed by stained media. I bet if Sterling played for a 'stein' club or a 'stein' media backed club he would not have got vilified as much.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum