Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:45 am

Original Dub wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/pep-guardiola-revealed-one-thing-8379125

Nice threat at the end. Scumbags

Since when have the media only reported on what they see? PG already has them tagged, he knows how the British media work and must be aware of the difference in reporting when it comes to us and the likes of the Rags and Dippers.

I note that the Mirror is also giving Txiki this season to prove himself, from a so called City source. Interesting as it would suggest that it's either a close friend or one of his bosses who have contacted the Mirror.

'Hello Simon, the is the Sheikh .........'

I'm sold!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:47 pm

Bit of good news.

Stan Colleymore has been relieved of his position at TalkSport. Hopefully he won't find future employment anywhere near a microphone again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Wooders » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:Bit of good news.

Stan Colleymore has been relieved of his position at TalkSport. Hopefully he won't find future employment anywhere near a microphone again

He wasn't fired - him and colin murray have resigned due to their links with liverpool because the same company that owns the sun newspaper have purchased talksport
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Wooders wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Bit of good news.

He wasn't fired - him and colin murray have resigned due to their links with liverpool because the same company that owns the sun newspaper have purchased talksport

According to the BBC, Murray resigned as he is a dipper and didn't want to work for the people that owns the Sun newspaper. Fair enough. But apparently Colleymores contract wasn't renewed and the wife beating dogger said as much on twitter.

Either way, the reprehensible cunt of a man is out of work and hopefully won't darken the airwaves or TV again
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:33 pm

Stan Collymore and Colin Murray in one go?

Fuckin hell I'm in heaven!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby edgeley blue » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:35 pm

john@staustell wrote:Stan Collymore and Colin Murray in one go?

Throw in that knobcheese Mike Parry as well and it'd be like a footballing radio hat-trick
edgeley blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:45 am

edgeley blue wrote:

Throw in that knobcheese Mike Parry as well and it'd be like a footballing radio hat-trick

Very true. How on earth does he get employed? Didn't he originally run TS?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby bigblue » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:42 pm

First bayern, now dortmund. You'd think they'd just realize that the PL is way bigger than the bundesliga and get over it

and phips you can fuck off as well
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Justified logic » Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:06 pm

Stan's OK, and very insightful, until he starts shouting down whoever dares disagree with him. He's got his demons though, which he freely admits to. Still, should try harder to be more sociable!

I can't stand the sound of Colin Murray's voice and always turn the station off as soon as he comes on, so no loss there for me - but I do admire his principles.

The weekend after the takeover by Murdoch's organisation was announced I tweeted Micky Quinn asking him how he felt about being in bed with The Sun. No response. Maybe no principles? Time will tell I guess. It's certainly getting to be wall-to-wall Sun linking and advertising.

One whom I had enjoyed listening to was Alan Brazil ...until I heard about and then heard his haranguing of news reader Sandy Warr. Quite a bit of projection there by Mr Alan (piggy) Brazil! Would now love to see him go.

Talksport newsreader storms off air after host Alan Brazil accuses her of being biased towards Jeremy Corbyn during a blazing row (as if you haven't all already heard it yourselves.)
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:46 am

Stan is a serial City-hater. That's what I hate worst about him, rather than his lunatic rants. Colin Murray as you say, awful voice. Dreadful show content.

See I disagree on Alan Brazil. I think he is hilarious, mostly unintentional. But he's a real blokes bloke and far too un-PC for the modern media (as you refer). It's only a matter of time before he puts both feet right in it and TS have no choice. Another thing I like about him as the only bias you can detect is toward Celtic, or maybe Ipswich. As a former Evil he seems to feel nothing for them and is very fair to City and all PL clubs. Also a real enthusiast.

I quite like Quinny but all reason goes out of the window when he starts predicting Liverpool for the League every summer.

A lot of people don't like them but I find Hawksby and Jacobs hilarious and with good articles. I think I like them as they are basically from my age group or a bit older, and their humour is quite clever but often refers to people or things younger folk wouldn't have a clue about - so wouldn't see the joke. However Clips of the Week at 3.30 every Friday is side-splitting at times, usually thanks to the blundering contributions of Alan Brazil, Nigel Botherway (fishing) and Mike Parry - who seems to have the brain and knowledge of a retarded 3 year old.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Justified logic » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:51 pm

I feel an almost overwhelming need to put the kettle on, get out the biscuit tin and settle down on the sofa when Hawksby and Jacobs come on. They're of my era also. We probably buy our slippers from the same store as well.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby john@staustell » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:49 pm

Justified logic wrote:I feel an almost overwhelming need to put the kettle on, get out the biscuit tin and settle down on the sofa when Hawksby and Jacobs come on. They're of my era also. We probably buy our slippers from the same store as well.

Not long after I wrote that Clips of the Week had me chuckling insanely to myself in the car again
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:38 pm

Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:15 am

Original Dub wrote:Danny Mills again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p042l6bb

I hope some City fan stops him in the street and throws a bag of rat piss over his fucking head.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:10 am

I don't get it, is he blaming us for the shit pitch and weather? What was embarrassing was the Rags not even bothering to attend a pre-match interview because it was too hot, and then fucking off as soon as possible without even a tip or a wink to their Asian fans.

As for Danny fucking Mills, he's the biggest embarrassment. He only gets work because he gives us a slagging. Perfect go to man in these times of anti-City crap.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:14 am

Personally I think it would be very easy to get Danny Mills sacked . I also think it's many blues mission this season to do just that .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:34 am

City64 wrote:Personally I think it would be very easy to get Danny Mills sacked . I also think it's many blues mission this season to do just that .

Enlighten us, how can we get him sacked?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:35 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
City64 wrote:Personally I think it would be very easy to get Danny Mills sacked . I also think it's many blues mission this season to do just that .

Constantly bombard BT with e-mails after every match he does of ours. The link is in the 'complain' thread.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:40 am

john@staustell wrote:

Constantly bombard BT with e-mails after every match he does of ours. The link is in the 'complain' thread.

You really think that would work? I'd imagine BT would see that as Mills providing controversy which is good for ratings.

It'd be akin to us posting links like the above. We are posting the link which means it gets more hits which is what the Beeb want.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:26 am

It's really very easy . Confront the cunt and give him a slap . Get a mate to put it on you tube and the cunt is sacked cos he would have started it obviously .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum