Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Original Dub wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5134501/FAN-VIEW-Pep-Guardiolas-comments-ridiculous.html

I find that fair enough and think we should get used to it.
It’s what we are going to face from here on in.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:17 pm

Original Dub

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/comment-pep-guardiolas-exploding-ego-was-exposed-on-wednesday-night-and-it-was-ugly-to-behold-36368226.html

Pep is not Mourinho and likening him to Jose’s antics is offensive and mischievous to say the least, but I do agree that it is not Pep’s place to coach other teams players and I wish he’d stop.
Redmond does seem complimented by his words but as he stated, he was doing as instructed by his manager and I personally think that has nothing to do with Pep, other than how to coach our own team to combat it.

If it was the other way around we wouldn’t enjoy it.

My tuppence worth is concentrate on our own.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby dazby » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:48 am

johnny crossan wrote:
john68 wrote:TBH, I don't think the FA, Premier League nor POGMOL have changed one bit. I am totally convinced that, like many other institutions in this country, they couldn't give a flying fuck what we, City, the general public or anyone else thinks, as long as there's a few quid in it for them.

If we are getting a better or fairer slice of decisions, it will be defined by what they can do about it and how much profit can they make from us.

No longer are we little Citeh, we are the fastest growing sports business on the planet and worthy of cashing in on. We are gaining global fans at a good rate and after the recent failures of L'pool, the rags, Chelsea and now Arse, we are a racehorse worth backing.

The likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Jesus, Sterling, KDB, are appreciated and respected globally and that increases audience and circulation figures. It increases revenue for the media and raises the price in the negotiations when TV rights are globally sold.

I honestly believe that we have broken through, all we have to do is remain there.

The financiers fully understand that there is little point in currently investing in failed projects, as the rags have been, Chelsea were last season and L'pool and Spurs currently are.

Hope you're right John but we need to win big titles to achieve a step change the economic landscape..

I reckon the signing of Jesus and his subsequent form was the first rumblings of a shift in attitude. The media seemed to big him up and the improved press has flowed from there. Yes of course there's still plenty of salty stuff out there, but at least now there's a right of reply given.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:43 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5134501/FAN-VIEW-Pep-Guardiolas-comments-ridiculous.html

I find that fair enough and think we should get used to it.
It’s what we are going to face from here on in.

It is fair enough, apart from the claim that Yoshida had an open goal. Open if you remove the three defenders and goalkeeper between him and the goal as he struck ( see Kippaxblue's photos).

I think it's just frustration from Pep seeing talented footballers with shackles on them, which is also fair enough imo.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:58 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://m.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/comment-pep-guardiolas-exploding-ego-was-exposed-on-wednesday-night-and-it-was-ugly-to-behold-36368226.html

Pep is not Mourinho and likening him to Jose’s antics is offensive and mischievous to say the least, but I do agree that it is not Pep’s place to coach other teams players and I wish he’d stop.
Redmond does seem complimented by his words but as he stated, he was doing as instructed by his manager and I personally think that has nothing to do with Pep, other than how to coach our own team to combat it.

I think your missing the point IWT 2012. Pep also had a go at several saints players throughout the game over their wasting time tactics and feigning injury to break down play , it started as early as the 9th minute ! The media have managed to just focus on Redmond at the end of the game so not telling the whole story , it is easy to manipulate the facts they do it all the time to brainwash people . Now then Saints play the rags , spurs , arsenal and the chavs this month it would be good if saints had a go at them after Peps pep talk wouldn't it ? Clever lad is Pep in the big picture of things and he only serving our cause the best way he can . He is loving his role as the PL top manager btw the guy is in his element , all good the rest are lagging behind . Brilliantly respectful the statement Nathan Redmond put out last night aswell .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:33 am

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I think your missing the point IWT 2012. Pep also had a go at several saints players throughout the game over their wasting time tactics and feigning injury to break down play , it started as early as the 9th minute ! The media have managed to just focus on Redmond at the end of the game so not telling the whole story , it is easy to manipulate the facts they do it all the time to brainwash people . Now then Saints play the rags , spurs , arsenal and the chavs this month it would be good if saints had a go at them after Peps pep talk wouldn't it ? Clever lad is Pep in the big picture of things and he only serving our cause the best way he can . He is loving his role as the PL top manager btw the guy is in his element , all good the rest are lagging behind . Brilliantly respectful the statement Nathan Redmond put out last night aswell .

Maybe there is more chance Southampton get a draw from the rags etc. if they park the bus? It is terrible football entertainment when sides do that and rely on set pieces. I expect more sides to do it against us. Luckily we found a way through at the death. I hope Pep doesn't leave City earlier if he is getting less football and more "bus parking," as time goes on.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:46 am

Plain Speaking wrote: ... I hope Pep doesn't leave City earlier if he is getting less football and more "bus parking," as time goes on.

aparcar el autobús
garer le bus
den Bus parken
is de rigeur everywhere except for us, Bayern, Barca, PSG & Madrid - maybe we should have a league to ourselves - hang on :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 am

City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

No I get the point and love his enthusiasm, City64. The thing is an opponent player will go out and do what he is instructed to do and not what Pep tells him he should be doing.
Call it mind games, psychology or whatever, but I think he should thread carefully. All I can see happening is him getting up the nose of the player’s manager.
Nool argues as much on the other thread and I agree with him.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dameerto » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Maybe there is more chance Southampton get a draw from the rags etc. if they park the bus? It is terrible football entertainment when sides do that and rely on set pieces. I expect more sides to do it against us. Luckily we found a way through at the death. I hope Pep doesn't leave City earlier if he is getting less football and more "bus parking," as time goes on.

Hopefully he sees it as a challenge.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby sheblue » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:58 am

The levels of bus parking we have seen in the last few games has been unreal.
I expect more of it. These sides are not playing for a 0-0 draw. They are playing to get beaten only 1 or 2 nil.

Look on it as more of an avoiding a spanking tactic.

A 0-0 draw is not the real target, but if it comes it's a bonus as good as a big win to them. One or two will pull it off.
There is nothing else most of them can do.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby The Maine Man » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

sheblue wrote:The levels of bus parking we have seen in the last few games has been unreal.
I expect more of it. These sides are not playing for a 0-0 draw. They are playing to get beaten only 1 or 2 nil.

A 0-0 draw is not the real target, but if it comes it's a bonus as good as a big win to them. One or two will pull it off.

Including them across town!
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm

sheblue wrote:The levels of bus parking we have seen in the last few games has been unreal.

Which IMO is a bonus for us.
Mentally teams have beaten themselves before they step out to play us.
I would not underestimate this bonus. It is worth points that would otherwise be dropped.
Look at the Rags over the years, countless points gained from teams who were in awe of them.
Our turn now.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby sheblue » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:23 pm

Dimples wrote:

Which IMO is a bonus for us.
Mentally teams have beaten themselves before they step out to play us.
I would not underestimate this bonus. It is worth points that would otherwise be dropped.
Look at the Rags over the years, countless points gained from teams who were in awe of them.
Our turn now.

Yes I agree can't beat the good old fear factor. We want teams looking at their schedule and automatically allocating 0 points to city games.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:36 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

I see it a little different mate. If a manager had done that I'd be asking why and with the comments that have come out I'd accept is as constructive praise/criticism and move on.

However, the way the media have portrayed it is the biggest travesty, but they have a motive, don't they. I had a look around the boards to see what their take on it was and nowhere did I see calls for bans or it to be investigated. Well, not from their real fans. Neither have I seen anything from their manager or players, nobody has made a meal of it.

So, if the player isn't making a meal of it, the fans or the club neither, why are those in the media so vociferous?

Only one reason for it, make it a huge story in order to get the FA to investigate, with possible repercussions of Pep being banned for the Derby. Interesting how quiet they were about Buckaru trying to hurt an opposition player or when Raheem was being maligned by an opposition manager in public but this catches their attention.

Anybody would think there's an agenda.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:39 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

I see it a little different mate. If a manager had done that I'd be asking why and with the comments that have come out I'd accept is as constructive praise/criticism and move on.

However, the way the media have portrayed it is the biggest travesty, but they have a motive, don't they. I had a look around the boards to see what their take on it was and nowhere did I see calls for bans or it to be investigated. Well, not from their real fans. Neither have I seen anything from their manager or players, nobody has made a meal of it.

So, if the player isn't making a meal of it, the fans or the club neither, why are those in the media so vociferous?

Only one reason for it, make it a huge story in order to get the FA to investigate, with possible repercussions of Pep being banned for the Derby. Interesting how quiet they were about Buckaru trying to hurt an opposition player or when Raheem was being maligned by an opposition manager in public but this catches their attention.

Anybody would think there's an agenda.

perish the thought :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:29 pm

Verbal assault
Out if control.

And that's AFTER the mirror know the truth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-11621562
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:37 pm

Original Dub wrote:Verbal assault
Out if control.

And that's AFTER the mirror know the truth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... r-11621562

Is that like the verbal assaults that Shrek always got away with when at the Rags, or those out of control lunges from Rojo where the FA did fuck all?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:46 pm

Assault by compliment.

I've heard it all now.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby City64 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:07 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
City64 wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

No I get the point and love his enthusiasm, City64. The thing is an opponent player will go out and do what he is instructed to do and not what Pep tells him he should be doing.
Call it mind games, psychology or whatever, but I think he should thread carefully. All I can see happening is him getting up the nose of the player’s manager.
Nool argues as much on the other thread and I agree with him.

So the opposition manager tells his players to cheat , time waste and fein injury and the home manager just sits back switches off and let his players get frustrated , the home crowd get frustrated and the game deteriorates into a farcical niggly non event despite millions of pounds of world class talent on display , hard working supporters who spend a lot of money attending and travelling to the game getting zero entertainment ???? FUCK THAT !!!! MASSIVE WELL DONE TO PEP for standing against ANTI FOOTBALL SHITE !!! THE ANTI FOOTBALL SHITE THE MEDIA WANT TO DE RAIL US WITH .Pep happened to admire Redmond,s ability and told the young player he is better than that IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT AFTER AN EPIC WINNING GOAL ON FULL TIME . Again PEP remonstrated with several Saints players DURING THE GAME not mentioned by the media WE ALL SAW IT IN THE GROUND . Klopp is animated , so are Conte , Maureen and Wenger as soon as Pep has a moment the whole fucking scum media are ALL OVER HIM !!! Get real Wenger blatantly called Sterling a cheat TWICE , media pushed it under the carpet it was ok with them because it is City and Raheem Sterling ........AGENDA RAISING ITS HEAD AGAIN . Look into the big picture of this whole situation .......... the last kick winner was like a wasp sting with these media cunts !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum