Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:And there are still some on here who don't think there is any bias

It's not bias mate, it's an actual agenda to get them where they supposedly belong.

Either way Carl is right - we need to score 2-3 goals a game to prevent the agenda from dethroning us
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:39 pm

freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:And there are still some on here who don't think there is any bias

It's not bias mate, it's an actual agenda to get them where they supposedly belong.

Either way Carl is right - we need to score 2-3 goals a game to prevent the agenda from dethroning us

To be honest, we've not been too bad of late where the ref is concerned, but you're right, as a City fan I'm always expecting the worse.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

To be honest, we've not been too bad of late where the ref is concerned, but you're right, as a City fan I'm always expecting the worse.

The reason we haven’t been so bad is that we’re playing at such a high level that even bad/bent ref decisions can’t derail us
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I'm still totally gobsmacked that Lukaku didn't get banned. Has there been a media storm about it in the UK? The FA really should have to come out and explain this decision, since the footage is unambiguous for anyone not carrying a white cane (or wearing a red shirt).

Open bias, nothing less.

There is no other possible reason in this case. It's pretty worrying

I'm expecting some odd refereeing to kick in from now on.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:52 pm

freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The reason we haven’t been so bad is that we’re playing at such a high level that even bad/bent ref decisions can’t derail us

In fairness Freshie we’ve had a few go our way this season. No more than anyone else but at least our fair share.

It is the way to go though. Be beautifully clinical and have the media purring and it will need to be very blatant for s ref to stop us like happened last season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:08 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
freshie wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It's not bias mate, it's an actual agenda to get them where they supposedly belong.

In fairness Freshie we’ve had a few go our way this season. No more than anyone else but at least our fair share.

It is the way to go though. Be beautifully clinical and have the media purring and it will need to be very blatant for s ref to stop us like happened last season.

I looked at a few stats a week or so back and it was remarkable how our fouls to cards ratio changed from the first 3 games.

Something was said, with PiGMOL and the PL taking a few steps backwards.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby freshie » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:34 pm

About time decisions went our way IWT
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 pm

freshie wrote:About time decisions went our way IWT

Amen to that.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:31 pm

Charlie Nicholas on Sky - choking back the bile after his script celebrating our eagerly awaited demise had to be torn up :lol:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby nottsblue » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:40 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Charlie Nicholas on Sky - choking back the bile after his script celebrating our eagerly awaited demise had to be torn up :lol:

By far the worst of the regular pundits they have on
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john68 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:19 am

Is that the same Charlie Nicholas who, some years ago mentioned that City had a great side in the 60s/70s with Bell, Lee and Summerbee, then followed it up with the immortal comment...."But they never won anything" (or words to that effect).

He must have forgotten...League Champions in 68, Charity Shield 68, FA Cup 69, League Cup and European Cup Winners Cup 70. The thick ignorant twat.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dimples » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 am

No doubt in my mind that the club intervened in the referee decision due to the corrupt decision taken last year. All sorted out of the spotlight. When it started again this year I think the club said ok we escalate and go public unless you rectify. PL have now backed of.
The rags game will be interesting. The PL and Skywill not want the Rags 1and everybody else 11 points behind us before XMAS. It costs them to much money.
So LuLu escapes a ban.
But the derby will be refed ok. With the exception that the Rags will get away with a lot more than us. But there will be no blatant offside goals and two footed lunges allowed for them.
I think the club have used their muscle to sort this issue.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:35 am

Dimples wrote:No doubt in my mind that the club intervened in the referee decision due to the corrupt decision taken last year. All sorted out of the spotlight. When it started again this year I think the club said ok we escalate and go public unless you rectify. PL have now backed of.
The rags game will be interesting. The PL and Skywill not want the Rags 1and everybody else 11 points behind us before XMAS. It costs them to much money.
So LuLu escapes a ban.
But the derby will be refed ok. With the exception that the Rags will get away with a lot more than us. But there will be no blatant offside goals and two footed lunges allowed for them.

I don't think rag ref Taylor has reffed us this season. Nailed on for the Derby then.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:53 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Dimples wrote:No doubt in my mind that the club intervened in the referee decision due to the corrupt decision taken last year. All sorted out of the spotlight. When it started again this year I think the club said ok we escalate and go public unless you rectify. PL have now backed of.
So LuLu escapes a ban.

I don't think rag ref Taylor has reffed us this season. Nailed on for the Derby then.

We had him at Watford.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:26 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
So LuLu escapes a ban.

We had him at Watford.

Cheers I didn't realise,
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
So LuLu escapes a ban.

We had him at Watford.

Cheers I didn't realise,

That was the first time we had him in the league since the Chelsea debacle last season. I'm convinced we've had words with PGMOL behind the scenes.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john68 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:21 pm

TBH, I don't think the FA, Premier League nor POGMOL have changed one bit. I am totally convinced that, like many other institutions in this country, they couldn't give a flying fuck what we, City, the general public or anyone else thinks, as long as there's a few quid in it for them.

If we are getting a better or fairer slice of decisions, it will be defined by what they can do about it and how much profit can they make from us.

No longer are we little Citeh, we are the fastest growing sports business on the planet and worthy of cashing in on. We are gaining global fans at a good rate and after the recent failures of L'pool, the rags, Chelsea and now Arse, we are a racehorse worth backing.

The likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Jesus, Sterling, KDB, are appreciated and respected globally and that increases audience and circulation figures. It increases revenue for the media and raises the price in the negotiations when TV rights are globally sold.

I honestly believe that we have broken through, all we have to do is remain there.

The financiers fully understand that there is little point in currently investing in faile projects, as the rags have been, Chelsea were last season and L'pool and Spurs currently are.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:30 pm

john68 wrote:TBH, I don't think the FA, Premier League nor POGMOL have changed one bit. I am totally convinced that, like many other institutions in this country, they couldn't give a flying fuck what we, City, the general public or anyone else thinks, as long as there's a few quid in it for them.

If we are getting a better or fairer slice of decisions, it will be defined by what they can do about it and how much profit can they make from us.

No longer are we little Citeh, we are the fastest growing sports business on the planet and worthy of cashing in on. We are gaining global fans at a good rate and after the recent failures of L'pool, the rags, Chelsea and now Arse, we are a racehorse worth backing.

The likes of Silva, Aguero, Yaya, Jesus, Sterling, KDB, are appreciated and respected globally and that increases audience and circulation figures. It increases revenue for the media and raises the price in the negotiations when TV rights are globally sold.

I honestly believe that we have broken through, all we have to do is remain there.

The financiers fully understand that there is little point in currently investing in failed projects, as the rags have been, Chelsea were last season and L'pool and Spurs currently are.

Hope you're right John but we need to win big titles to achieve a step change the economic landscape..
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:07 pm

Original Dub

Postby Original Dub » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:13 pm

Original Dub