Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:14 am

Are they the new Liverpool? Turning a non-footballing tragedy into a United Tragedy? What the fuck have the rags got to do with the Manchester bombing and raising money for charities? Cunts.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:56 am

Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby salford city » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:17 am

Original Dub wrote:Wonderful propaganda

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/f ... d-haaland/

Quadruple near miss fuck me what about the eurovision and the boat race were they nearly winners of those as well? You keep comparing. We will keep on reeling in the prem trophy
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dimples » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:08 pm

salford city wrote:

Quadruple near miss fuck me what about the eurovision and the boat race were they nearly winners of those as well? You keep comparing. We will keep on reeling in the prem trophy

Basically that article is saying that Liverpool cannot get their primary targets because they pay below the going rate.

Liverpool are hanging themselves.
Salah and Mane have been exceptional for years. Their reward: your getting old, we pay less than the going rate, no pay rise for you, your replacements are Diaz and Nunez, thanks for the memories, bye bye. Diaz and Nunez transfer fees are expensive, both on long term contracts, both are paid below the going rate.
Any player with choices is going to avoid that trap. It is another version of Levy at Spurs.

Nunez has been elevated to the same level as Haaland. They are written about as equals. Yet a year ago I did not know who Nunez was but I knew about Haaland long before that. Nunez has had two serious knee injuries, the PL is very demanding, Liverpool work their players very hard.............
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:11 pm

Dimples wrote:
salford city wrote:

Basically that article is saying that Liverpool cannot get their primary targets because they pay below the going rate.

Liverpool are hanging themselves.
Salah and Mane have been exceptional for years. Their reward: your getting old, we pay less than the going rate, no pay rise for you, your replacements are Diaz and Nunez, thanks for the memories, bye bye. Diaz and Nunez transfer fees are expensive, both on long term contracts, both are paid below the going rate.
Any player with choices is going to avoid that trap. It is another version of Levy at Spurs.

Nunez has been elevated to the same level as Haaland. They are written about as equals. Yet a year ago I did not know who Nunez was but I knew about Haaland long before that. Nunez has had two serious knee injuries, the PL is very demanding, Liverpool work their players very hard.............

Spot on.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:40 pm

Totally agree Dimples.

This whole "isn't it exciting that nunez and haaland are joining the league" is hilarious

Who the fuck is nunez and what has he done to elevate himself into the bracket of greatest striker on the planet?
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:Totally agree Dimples.

This whole "isn't it exciting that nunez and haaland are joining the league" is hilarious

Who the fuck is nunez and what has he done to elevate himself into the bracket of greatest striker on the planet?

He’s the new Forlan, Suarez, Cavani apparently :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:29 pm

Can only imagine if it was the other way around.

Haaland would be on ssn on the hour every hour wearing a justice for the 97 Jersey (strange maths in dipperland, they dropped the 19 for some reason)
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby nottsblue » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:Can only imagine if it was the other way around.

Haaland would be on ssn on the hour every hour wearing a justice for the 97 Jersey (strange maths in dipperland, they dropped the 19 for some reason)

They would have already given the dippers the trophy and declared him the bestest player in the whole wide world
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby branny » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:10 pm

salford city wrote:

The reality is that they got a game closer than we did the season before. We were handicapped by having the Carabao Cup final moved to the middle of what was already an horrendous run.

14/4 Dortmund away
17/4 Chavs FA Cup semi
21/4 Villa away
25/4 Spurs LCF
28/4 PSG away
1/5 Palace away
4/5 PSG home
8/5 Chavs home.

Dippers run over same period last season

13/4 Benfica home
16/4 FA cup semi
19/4 Utd home
24/4 Scouse 1 home
27/4 Villareal home
30/4 Newcastle away
3/5 Villareal away
7/5 Spurs home.

5 home games to our 2. They wouldn't have gotten close if they'd had a run like ours.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:46 pm

If my aunt had bollocks she would be my Uncle ffs!!!

You either win or you don't fuckign win...........and the fuckign dippers didn't win it.

End of.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:17 pm

My God.

It's like we played in the premier league and they played in the championship for the run in.

Stark.
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby zuricity » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If my aunt had bollocks she would be my Uncle ffs!!!

You either win or you don't fuckign win...........and the fuckign dippers didn't win it.

End of.

Actually Carl , your Auntie would never have bollocks. If she did , the first thing that would be asked is "why are you playing pocket billiards Auntie?".

Again Carl, The Dippers did win , what film were you watching ? they won this season , last season and even in the Covid season.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:02 am

zuricity wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:If my aunt had bollocks she would be my Uncle ffs!!!

End of.

Actually Carl , your Auntie would never have bollocks. If she did , the first thing that would be asked is "why are you playing pocket billiards Auntie?".

Again Carl, The Dippers did win , what film were you watching ? they won this season , last season and even in the Covid season.

It is pathetic isn't it.

I had a chat with a dipper the other day and ended up telling him to fuck off...you just cannot have a decent conversation with a deluded dipper who still believes the Coutinho sale was 500 million pounds and they will always have a net spend of one euro till the year dot.!!

Last time I speak to a fucking dipper....period.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:42 am

Some years ago, whilst helping someone to write a 'History Of City', The then City curator Bernard Miles allowed us access to a number of City documents, amongst which was a dissertation on the financial strategies of football clubs compared to other non sport businesses.

We were able to see the figures regarding the actual transfer fees of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee. I was gobsmacked that the actual transfer fees bore no resemblance whatsoever to the figures reported publicly and generally accepted by everyone.

When I questioned Mr Miles about this, he told me that it was general policy throughout football not to reveal transfer fees nor their details to the media. He told us that the media usually considered the probable value of the player, the circumstances of the sale and settled on a figure they believed would be as near as they could guess.

Neither Bell, Summerbee nor Lee were bought for the figures that are commonly reported and accepted, in fac,theyare all quite a long way off.
I don't suppose that much has changed and I usually totally ignore figures reported around transfers as made up fairy stories to satisfy the media agenda and fill their reportage space.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:15 pm

Not the smartest person on earth, but Le Tissier makes a lot of sense here about Sky's agenda and why someone like the spitter still has a job

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/matt-le-tis ... BwtSUf3b7I
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:09 pm

john68 wrote:Some years ago, whilst helping someone to write a 'History Of City', The then City curator Bernard Miles allowed us access to a number of City documents, amongst which was a dissertation on the financial strategies of football clubs compared to other non sport businesses.

We were able to see the figures regarding the actual transfer fees of Colin Bell, Mike Summerbee and Francis Lee. I was gobsmacked that the actual transfer fees bore no resemblance whatsoever to the figures reported publicly and generally accepted by everyone.

When I questioned Mr Miles about this, he told me that it was general policy throughout football not to reveal transfer fees nor their details to the media. He told us that the media usually considered the probable value of the player, the circumstances of the sale and settled on a figure they believed would be as near as they could guess.

Neither Bell, Summerbee nor Lee were bought for the figures that are commonly reported and accepted, in fac,theyare all quite a long way off.
I don't suppose that much has changed and I usually totally ignore figures reported around transfers as made up fairy stories to satisfy the media agenda and fill their reportage space.

I employed a guy from Georgia who was , allegedly, best mates with kinky .(I received a signed shirt so I had no reason to disbelieve him )
He was bought a 500 K house in Switzerland as part of his deal (allegedly) which obviously wasn’t public knowledge .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby harveytravis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:47 pm

PeterParker wrote:Not the smartest person on earth, but Le Tissier makes a lot of sense here about Sky's agenda and why someone like the spitter still has a job

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/matt-le-tis ... BwtSUf3b7I

Watch the whole video... it's terrifying!
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby john68 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:51 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
john68 wrote:Some years ago, whilst helping someone to write a 'History Of City', The then City curator Bernard Miles allowed us access to a number of City documents, amongst which was a dissertation on the financial strategies of football clubs compared to other non sport businesses.

I employed a guy from Georgia who was , allegedly, best mates with kinky .(I received a signed shirt so I had no reason to disbelieve him )
He was bought a 500 K house in Switzerland as part of his deal (allegedly) which obviously wasn’t public knowledge .

One story regarding a youngster who was wanted by City and the rags made me laugh.
Apparently, the rags were knocking on the front door as City were pushing a three piece suite through the back door. City got the deal.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby zuricity » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:06 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Must have been a Barn then Carl .

Basic apartments in Zürich cost 2 mill ( about 1.3 mill in Kinkis time at City) .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum