Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:22 pm

If you want a laugh, go to the BBC report on the game and look at the comments on the HYS at the bottom of the page. Proper deluded rags and dippers on there.
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Didn't these cunts vote against VAR to be introduced for this season PMSL? How ironic we voted for it and now they are moaning
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 pm

Sunday sup will be the hate City Mob, well if your reading this FUCK OFF.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:24 pm

Mase wrote:Liverpool have scored how many offside goals this season?

They even themselves out over a season.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby dave watson's perm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:42 am

london blue 2 wrote:

I know. Teams turn up and play anti football and get lauded like they deserve something from the game. Our media our strange.

On the other hand |I watched it on SportsNet Canada where Schemichel and Townsend slated them for their tactics at half time
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:51 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

I know. Teams turn up and play anti football and get lauded like they deserve something from the game. Our media our strange.

On the other hand |I watched it on SportsNet Canada where Schemichel and Townsend slated them for their tactics at half time

That's where I go to watch the games too, and occasionally NBC. The difference is so obvious that it really shows the script Sky and BT are working from.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:45 am

patrickblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

That's where I go to watch the games too, and occasionally NBC. The difference is so obvious that it really shows the script Sky and BT are working from.

Me too. Even Lee Dixon is not as rabid as he was on whatever English channel he pitched up on previously.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:45 am

patrickblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Me too. Even Lee Dixon is not as rabid as he was on whatever English channel he pitched up on previously.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby bigblue » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 pm

Blue In Bolton wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:

Dixon says that he's a City fan every so often on NBC
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Bear60 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:17 pm

So The pressure is on City now according to Talk Shite I tell you what just As beefy said earlier FUCK THE FUCK OFF YOU DIPPER LOVING CUNTS
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Bear60 wrote:So The pressure is on City now according to Talk Shite I tell you what just As beefy said earlier FUCK THE FUCK OFF YOU DIPPER LOVING CUNTS

Yes, the narrative on ITV News is that Liverpool kept up the pressure on City lol
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Bear60 wrote:So The pressure is on City now according to Talk Shite I tell you what just As beefy said earlier FUCK THE FUCK OFF YOU DIPPER LOVING CUNTS

Yes, the narrative on ITV News is that Liverpool kept up the pressure on City lol

Funny how the scouse fan media is the same all over the world.
Here, one of the biggest journo (whom I suspect might have something wrong is his head) posted that unknown forces want City to win it and talked about the first goal of Burnley.
Incredible because he was hosting the Premier League Show on Eurosport last season.

They are cracking up.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Dimples » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:43 pm

I think the media cover is fantastic.
They have forced the Rags into a position where they have to appoint Ole G - God bless him.
From a Rag viewpoint the media are doing more harm than good to their darlings.

The incredible OTT, irrational and zero analysis reaction to Ole G's stewardship is going to be a very bad thing for the Rags.

Take the PSG games. Not a word about how they were outclassed at home, etc... Not one word.
Re Paris game. Conceding possession (1st half 85% to PSG) is an Ole G tactical masterclass, full of bravery and belief in the players?????
Then contradicting themselves, the media bang on about Ole G and the 'Utd way' i.e. attack, attack, attack.... you could not make it up!!!
And of course not a word about the dodgy penalty awarded....or the underlying stats (instead its dressed up as clinical finishing...)

Then there are their key 'players'. If Pogba is your GoTo man to lead you out of trouble then you really are in trouble.
The toys will be thrown out of his pram again. Wait and see.

Ole G and Phelan are a cover for Ferguson. He may not be exclusively calling the shots, picking the team and dictating tactics. But for certain he has a huge influence. It is returning to BAU for the Rags with Ferguson as puppet master - look at the calls they are getting in their last few matches.
Can you imagine Old G and Phelan (with Ferguson as puppet master) as a fearsome mgmt team - thought not.
Pep and the other top managers must be having a right old laugh.

For the Rags this will all end in tears.
As a proud Man City supporter I would like to take this opportunity to formally thank the 'media' for their efforts.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby patrickblue » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:18 pm

Dimples wrote:I think the media cover is fantastic.
They have forced the Rags into a position where they have to appoint Ole G - God bless him.
From a Rag viewpoint the media are doing more harm than good to their darlings.

The incredible OTT, irrational and zero analysis reaction to Ole G's stewardship is going to be a very bad thing for the Rags.

Take the PSG games. Not a word about how they were outclassed at home, etc... Not one word.
Re Paris game. Conceding possession (1st half 85% to PSG) is an Ole G tactical masterclass, full of bravery and belief in the players?????
Then contradicting themselves, the media bang on about Ole G and the 'Utd way' i.e. attack, attack, attack.... you could not make it up!!!
And of course not a word about the dodgy penalty awarded....or the underlying stats (instead its dressed up as clinical finishing...)

Then there are their key 'players'. If Pogba is your GoTo man to lead you out of trouble then you really are in trouble.
The toys will be thrown out of his pram again. Wait and see.

Ole G and Phelan are a cover for Ferguson. He may not be exclusively calling the shots, picking the team and dictating tactics. But for certain he has a huge influence. It is returning to BAU for the Rags with Ferguson as puppet master - look at the calls they are getting in their last few matches.
Can you imagine Old G and Phelan (with Ferguson as puppet master) as a fearsome mgmt team - thought not.
Pep and the other top managers must be having a right old laugh.

For the Rags this will all end in tears.
As a proud Man City supporter I would like to take this opportunity to formally thank the 'media' for their efforts.

You're certainly right about the Ferguson thing. And when you say he's not picking the team of dictating tactics, I think he in effect he is, Ole isn't going to disagree with his boss's "advice".
It's like Busby and McGuinness all over again.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:10 am

Checked a few sites that morning for our report and it seems that Juve are a more important story than us. Must the the Tranny link for all those besotted Raggies.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:23 am

Reading the Beeb match report, we were knocked out in the qtr finals last year by dippers and have never won the competition. Both true but fuck me after winning 7 nil really?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city

Postby blues-clues » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:44 am

On a lighter note, funny as fuck that Klopp rises to Gary Neville's bait.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:19 am

blues-clues wrote:On a lighter note, funny as fuck that Klopp rises to Gary Neville's bait.

the only good thing about chuckle1 is that he hates the dippers
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:41 am

I love the way all pundits on this CL business always ignore that City are CL favourites. Barcelona blah blah Liverpool blah blah
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:36 pm

john@staustell wrote:I love the way all pundits on this CL business always ignore that City are CL favourites. Barcelona blah blah Liverpool blah blah

They are ‘European Royalty’, we are bad old Oliver Cromwell spoiling it all.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum