Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Chinners wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Chinners wrote:I thought Shearer was quite good tonight on MOTD. As he said, there was no malice on Mane's part and Shearer Wright and Jug ears would have all gone for that in their day. As he correctly pointed out thou the rules have changed since their day and it was a red all day long. Pleasantly surprised to be honest.

It was a deliberate kick in the face that if a City player had done it would have been highlighted in a 10 minute segment.

Ha ha ha, I trust that you do not seriously think it was deliberate ... yep it would have been half the show had Aguero done it

I don't think it was deliberate, but the rest is true. Any City player doing this and you'd see a serious witch hunt.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 am

Chinners wrote:
Chinners wrote:I thought Shearer was quite good tonight on MOTD. As he said, there was no malice on Mane's part and Shearer Wright and Jug ears would have all gone for that in their day. As he correctly pointed out thou the rules have changed since their day and it was a red all day long. Pleasantly surprised to be honest.

It was a deliberate kick in the face that if a City player had done it would have been highlighted in a 10 minute segment.

Ha ha ha, I trust that you do not seriously think it was deliberate ... yep it would have been half the show had Aguero done it

Yep, Mane had a glance then went in studs first.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:53 am

Chinners wrote:Neville is always going to be like that with us, his comment along the line of 'it was a yellow at best" had me fuming for about 5 seconds and then I just started to giggle, he's not worth getting wound up over. I like the fact he hates us so much, that's how it should be, sadly the rare occasions an ex City player commentates on the Rags we never get that.

I was fuming but I took solace in the fact that the Rags are already stressing about us. Why is RatBoy getting so upset, so early? It's because all Rags are now living with the expectation of winning the league, everybody has told them, and we are the only one who stands in their way.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Maine Man » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:07 am

Graham Poll firmly supported the decision by Moss today and both the Express and Guardian were purring about Kev and our dominant, attacking football. A refreshing change; maybe they realise it's a new era dawning?
The Maine Man
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Justified logic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:12 am

Good News!!!! Sky's Talksport are reporting they've found a ref who didn't think it was a red - Clattenburg. So I suppose we can expect... "Some refs are saying that it wasn't a red."
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 am

Justified logic wrote:Good News!!!! Sky's Talksport are reporting they've found a ref who didn't think it was a red - Clattenburg. So I suppose we can expect... "Some refs are saying that it wasn't a red."

Also, chuckle1, that well respected referee, didn't think it was a red card.

Makes me laugh how the 5-0 is a result of a red card. Let's not forget we were only 1-0 up at the time. The dippers are a good side, they will themselves smash sides this season as they did against Arsenal. But they are simply not good enough at the back to be serious challengers for the title. Should they get a couple of injuries to key men like Mane or Firminio they will really struggle to keep up
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:31 am

nottsblue wrote:
Justified logic wrote:Good News!!!! Sky's Talksport are reporting they've found a ref who didn't think it was a red - Clattenburg. So I suppose we can expect... "Some refs are saying that it wasn't a red."

Makes me laugh how the 5-0 is a result of a red card. Let's not forget we were only 1-0 up at the time. The dippers are a good side, they will themselves smash sides this season as they did against Arsenal. But they are simply not good enough at the back to be serious challengers for the title. Should they get a couple of injuries to key men like Mane or Firminio they will really struggle to keep up

Imagine two players going for an aerial challenge in the middle of the pitch. One goes with his head the other with his foot, the latter is late and ends up planting his studs in the face of the player heading it. He'd be lucky to just get a three game ban.

The fact that Liverpool will not appeal should tell you all you need to know about what Klopp really thinks of it having seen the replays.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:32 am

Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

FFS his reaction and the way he didn't argue with the ref he knew what he'd done.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Gary Neville is a 100% Grade A Cunt!

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 am

I've read quite a bit this morning and the majority of pundits are in agreement with the ref. It only seems to be the die-hard City haters/Dipper lovers who think it was harsh. RatBoys comments are still annoying me, they were so far off the mark and so outdated it was embarrassing. Nobody would have questioned that red card but due to his comments it gives those who want.to complain, the chance to.

Near enough every ex-pro has said it's a red so why did RatBoy say that Moss had ruined the game?

Oh, and can somebody remind them that we were winning when he was sent off as they seem to be saying we were getting hammered!

Glad to see we shoved it up their arses, the Bin Dipping/Rag loving cunts!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 am

Mase wrote:Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

FFS his reaction and the way he didn't argue with the ref he knew what he'd done.

I don't think it was deliberate, it was idiotic and reckless though.

You're bang on about his reaction to the red, it spoke volumes.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Imagine two players going for an aerial challenge in the middle of the pitch. One goes with his head the other with his foot, the latter is late and ends up planting his studs in the face of the player heading it. He'd be lucky to just get a three game ban.

The fact that Liverpool will not appeal should tell you all you need to know about what Klopp really thinks of it having seen the replays.

It's as bad a challenge as the one the Watford lad (Brittas?) did last week. All this bullshit about how he didn't see Ederson and was watching the ball. He should be aware of where his opponent is and he caught him in the face. With his studs leading. It's as bad as a challenge can get. It could have been far far more serious than it was and thank God it wasn't.

As you say if a player goes in for a challenge studs up anywhere on the pitch it's a red card. I don't see how this is any different.
nottsblue

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:38 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Mase wrote:Mane had his eyes closed jumping up to a goalkeeper who had his head down, and went in studs first. If that's not deliberate I don't know what is!

I don't think it was deliberate, it was idiotic and reckless though.

You're bang on about his reaction to the red, it spoke volumes.

Neville was saying "You can tell with a red card because the stadium noise makes you aware of it. The fans will react." Completely missing the point that Mane has just accepted his red without any argument!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Chinners wrote:

I don't think it was deliberate, but the rest is true. Any City player doing this and you'd see a serious witch hunt.

I think he deliberately went for the ball with a straight leg and studs out KNOWING it was outside the area and the keeper would have to either head it or jump and use his chest to make contact with it. I don't think he intended to hurt Ederson but I'm sure he's intelligent enough to realise in the split second it took him to make his choice that there was a very high chance of making contact with him.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am

I wonder how the SS will play our win. We went down to 10 and battered Everton, Klopp has said City should not get to confident after the win and the Scousers not to down. The papers and talkshit are peddling a story Merlin was leaving. The day after we smash a BrandPL team. It will be a negative,excuses air brush.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am

That's why I know it was deliberate. Because you don't control a ball in the world with your foot like that. His studs were up for one reason.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 am

Sunday Sup burying the arse kickung and capitulation of Klopps team. 5-0 it was 1 when he got the red.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am

Bad hang over this morning but I have heard Nevile,s idiotic bias remarks over the red card and all I can say is what a fucking rag plank !!! At no point has that rag cunt shown any remorse to a potentially badly injured player , absolute anti city slant on the whole issue from the cunt . Rag PR machine is full flow and SKY obviously want a rag / dipper title challenge like it used to be title challenge . City,s class and dignity spoilt the party yet again and good to see a lot media outlets saying how it really was that city were class despite problems in our defence . lastly I don't mind Klopp but yesterday he showed us all what a cunt he can be ! Very respectful statement from Mane last night wishing Ederson a speedy recovery and all that , nice touch !

Oh and top marks to the ref yesterday brilliant refreshing performance !
Last edited by City64 on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 am

http://bbc.in/2eVasuk

This is from the BBC's chief sports writer. Unbelievable Jeff
nottsblue

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:48 am

Hazy2 wrote:Sunday Sup burying the arse kickung and capitulation of Klopps team. 5-0 it was 1 when he got the red.

I'll hold my nose and post this bilge later, the utter contemptibility of Cross and Ashton is off the scale.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:55 am

Mase wrote:That's why I know it was deliberate. Because you don't control a ball in the world with your foot like that. His studs were up for one reason.

I don't think it was deliberate I would expect all of our players to go for the same ball. I'd also expect them to see red if they kicked the oppo keeper in the head.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum