Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:06 am

Cunts......
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Chinners wrote:Chelsea had this sort of shyte 6-7 years before us .... and still do

Nowhere near the intensity and longevity of the onslaught on us. You also need to remember the institutional attacks - FFP was designed to cripple us and succeeded.

I don't know, it was pretty fierce for them ... on here they got absolutely slaughtered (myself including) whinging about how unfair it all was. Was quite ironic when the next set of lottery balls were ours!

FFP was bought in because of several 'new' teams spending loads in order to catch up .... tis all bollox thou, you can only play with 11 players the same rule as Barcelona or Stockport County
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:30 am

Add Chris Sutton to the media bellend list , what an utter plank !!! Spouted some shite on MOTD2 last night and couldn't back it up when pushed , what a fucking bellend !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 am

CTID Hants wrote:Cunts......

This could become a new technical term ; "doing a Mané".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:40 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:Cunts......

This could become a new technical term ; "doing a Mané".

Mane looks like Bruce Lee in that photo. I thought the Mane one was an obvious red, but I thought the Ritchie one yesterday was an obvious yellow. Difficult to explain it to a plank like Sutton though.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:18 pm

Chinners wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Chinners wrote:Chelsea had this sort of shyte 6-7 years before us .... and still do

Nowhere near the intensity and longevity of the onslaught on us. You also need to remember the institutional attacks - FFP was designed to cripple us and succeeded.

I don't know, it was pretty fierce for them ... on here they got absolutely slaughtered (myself including) whinging about how unfair it all was. Was quite ironic when the next set of lottery balls were ours!

FFP was bought in because of several 'new' teams spending loads in order to catch up .... tis all bollox thou, you can only play with 11 players the same rule as Barcelona or Stockport County

It's all about which 11 players friend, and UEFA ensured we and PSG weren't able to compete for the best with the cartel clubs at a crucial time.
Be in no doubt that FFP was specially constructed just for us and PSG btw - ask Mr Gill if you don't believe me ;)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:51 pm

I give you the latest in the war against City and PSG started by Bacelona, continued by La Liga and now further continued by FIFA (CIES is a joint venture of FIFA by the way):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41223990

Man City have most expensive squad in football, says CIES Football Observatory

Manchester City have the most expensive squad in football, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.

City spent £215m in the summer transfer market to take the total outlay on their squad to 853m euros (£775m).

That is £3m more than the amount spent by Paris St-Germain, who signed Neymar in the summer for a world record £200m.

Manchester United, who have spent 784m euros (£712m) on their current squad, are third.

They were top of the table last year, but the value of their squad has only increased by £66m this summer.

The CIES data covers Europe's big five leagues - the top divisions in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

Premier League teams fill six of the top 10 positions, and have the highest average squad worth of 287m euros (£261m).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Dameerto wrote:I give you the latest in the war against City and PSG started by Bacelona, continued by La Liga and now further continued by FIFA (CIES is a joint venture of FIFA by the way):

Manchester City have the most expensive squad in football, according to research group CIES Football Observatory.

City spent £215m in the summer transfer market to take the total outlay on their squad to 853m euros (£775m).

That is £3m more than the amount spent by Paris St-Germain, who signed Neymar in the summer for a world record £200m.

Manchester United, who have spent 784m euros (£712m) on their current squad, are third.

They were top of the table last year, but the value of their squad has only increased by £66m this summer.

The CIES data covers Europe's big five leagues - the top divisions in England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

Premier League teams fill six of the top 10 positions, and have the highest average squad worth of 287m euros (£261m).

So despite spending, what was it, around £140m net, the rags squad value only increased by £66m?Are CIES telling us that the rags have been had?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:05 pm

Big error in that report, it should read:

Manchester United, who have wasted 784m euros (£712m) on their current squad, are third.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Justified logic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:57 pm

Dameerto wrote:I give you the latest in the war against City and PSG started by Bacelona, continued by La Liga and now further continued by FIFA (CIES is a joint venture of FIFA by the way):

Very difficult to accurately compare costs over time (inflation adjustment) and border (currency conversion adjustment). Without detailing those qualifications this is just a useless exercise by someone who would otherwise be wanking himself silly in his bedroom.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:32 pm

Perhaps they've got the spelling wrong and it should be 'LIES Football Observatory' instead.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby zuricity » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:45 pm

it is quite possible that Man City have the most expensive squad this year , so what ?

it would be useful if the Beeb or FIFA /UEFA could get off their fat backsides and show such useful/less information for the last twenty five years .

One year'sp values are worthless without some context to the statistics.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Another "Sky pundit" Tony Gale what an absolute cunt . His comments this morning live on SSN telling Ederson to man up gone viral on twitter . Low and behold the dippers appeal the red card a few hours later . Sky manipulating a situation yet again !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby freshie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 pm

Knob
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:04 pm

Not sure I agree chinners I've felt we've always had bias (certainly around decisions and Vs the "old guard") most of which will be down the generation and rag supporting nature of officials and writers
Nick
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:09 pm

freshie wrote:

Knob

Thanks pal that's the one !

and low and behold the shameless bin dippers appeal the red with "Skys" help a few hours later ..........
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:19 pm

What an odd way to report the dippers' appeal... the MUEN alive and well.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... responsive
Original Dub

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:35 pm

freshie wrote:

Knob

If he ever rocked up at our place, get one of the academy lads to drop kick him. See what sort of man he is then.

What was worse though was the presenter laughing. A player was assaulted on the field of play and they are taking the piss on camera
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:
freshie wrote:

Knob

If he ever rocked up at our place, get one of the academy lads to drop kick him. See what sort of man he is then.

What was worse though was the presenter laughing. A player was assaulted on the field of play and they are taking the piss on camera

It wasn't Wedderburn was it?! Wonder if Gale would have given it the big un if Big Mike was there.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum