Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Seth Bennett, BBC 'Sports Reporter' ( kinell !) a tyke no less. Another one to watch out for with his inaccuracies. "Liverpool made 71 million dollars on the deal". Er no Seth. they didn't. But you told the world this earlier today !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12412
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:11 pm

How long before the sale of diMaria for £10/15m less than they paid a year ago is put down to the burglary and his unsettled wife? And if it's a swap with Cavani then they will have done the best out of the deal.

Not that they overpaid and his last season was a dogs dinner
nottsblue
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19220
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 am

zuricity wrote:Seth Bennett, BBC 'Sports Reporter' ( kinell !) a tyke no less. Another one to watch out for with his inaccuracies. "Liverpool made 71 million dollars on the deal". Er no Seth. they didn't. But you told the world this earlier today !


they actually made $74m AUS dollars or 3.5 Bn rupees (£35m) it just gets more and more LOL
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29516
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
zuricity wrote:Seth Bennett, BBC 'Sports Reporter' ( kinell !) a tyke no less. Another one to watch out for with his inaccuracies. "Liverpool made 71 million dollars on the deal". Er no Seth. they didn't. But you told the world this earlier today !


they actually made $74m AUS dollars or 3.5 Bn rupees (£35m) it just gets more and more LOL


Yer Daft Bhat !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12412
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby gillie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Well all I will say is there are more than this forum complaining about the media bullshit reporting and I mean loads of various social networking platforms.Everyone cannot be wrong and we are getting dry bummed by these cunts and it's time they were put in their place by the club.
Image
User avatar
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13906
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: our house
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Football Media

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:53 pm

gillie wrote:Well all I will say is there are more than this forum complaining about the media bullshit reporting and I mean loads of various social networking platforms.Everyone cannot be wrong and we are getting dry bummed by these cunts and it's time they were put in their place by the club.


i really don't subscribe to the Ted/CARL/ETC crew's media bollox. I don't really find it that interesting. Stop reading it if it makes you upset. I don't read the negative crap that often and when i do i know the truth, so...there's that.

There are people who don't want us to succeed. Most work in football clubs, and on marketing teams, and some are football pundits. Big fucking whoop.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

Image
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22351
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:46 pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Re: Football Media

Postby gillie » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:57 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
gillie wrote:Well all I will say is there are more than this forum complaining about the media bullshit reporting and I mean loads of various social networking platforms.Everyone cannot be wrong and we are getting dry bummed by these cunts and it's time they were put in their place by the club.


i really don't subscribe to the Ted/CARL/ETC crew's media bollox. I don't really find it that interesting. Stop reading it if it makes you upset. I don't read the negative crap that often and when i do i know the truth, so...there's that.

There are people who don't want us to succeed. Most work in football clubs, and on marketing teams, and some are football pundits. Big fucking whoop.

cheers

Mike with all due respect mate you are in the good ol US of A and the reporting probably is'nt as vitriolic as some of the shit over here so you maybe are not as affected by it.
Image
User avatar
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13906
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:55 pm
Location: our house
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:03 pm

gillie wrote:Well all I will say is there are more than this forum complaining about the media bullshit reporting and I mean loads of various social networking platforms.Everyone cannot be wrong and we are getting dry bummed by these cunts and it's time they were put in their place by the club.

Every time we pick up a trophy, or seemingly even if we just buy a player, they are.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7173
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Football Media

Postby kinkylola » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 pm

gillie wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
gillie wrote:Well all I will say is there are more than this forum complaining about the media bullshit reporting and I mean loads of various social networking platforms.Everyone cannot be wrong and we are getting dry bummed by these cunts and it's time they were put in their place by the club.


i really don't subscribe to the Ted/CARL/ETC crew's media bollox. I don't really find it that interesting. Stop reading it if it makes you upset. I don't read the negative crap that often and when i do i know the truth, so...there's that.

There are people who don't want us to succeed. Most work in football clubs, and on marketing teams, and some are football pundits. Big fucking whoop.

cheers

Mike with all due respect mate you are in the good ol US of A and the reporting probably is'nt as vitriolic as some of the shit over here so you maybe are not as affected by it.


we definitely don't get the worst of it in the USA. To me, it's not about the fact that some don't want us to succeed, that's to be expected, we certainly don't want other teams to succeed over us ... but it's indicative of the open hypocrisy and systematic bias against us as a team. It's not just stories targeting us, there are entire financial rules set up to hurt us and hold us back. The stories are both a symptom and a brainwashing tool for the ignorant public.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2785
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:39 pm
Location: Baltimore

Re: Football Media

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Even the guardian joining in, it's all about cash-money, not about winning.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ons-league
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 pm
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Re: Football Media

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:19 pm

SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Even the guardian joining in, it's all about cash-money, not about winning.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ons-league

'Even' The Guardian. They spew hate against us more than most.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7173
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Manchester
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:30 pm

Daily Mail on Patrick Roberts signing: "The latest move could spell trouble for the future of the England national team though, with another young prospect tipped for the international stage set to be starved of competitive action."

Are we just going to take this?! It's a fuckin joke!!!!!!
Mase
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 25088
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Even the guardian joining in, it's all about cash-money, not about winning.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ons-league

'Even' The Guardian. They spew hate against us more than most.

Must say I opened the link with a lot of trepidation. They are renowned as being particularly spiteful to us, though the article wasn't as hideous as I was fearing.
nottsblue
Joe Mercer's OBE
 
Posts: 19220
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby SomeMichaelGuy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Even the guardian joining in, it's all about cash-money, not about winning.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ons-league

'Even' The Guardian. They spew hate against us more than most.


You're quite right, I definitely phrased that wrong.
SomeMichaelGuy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives
 
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:13 pm
Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Aguero / Sun Jihai

Re: Football Media

Postby Bluedj » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:21 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:How would you propose we tackle them?

If we take them on then the levels of vitriol will likely only worsen.


Unfortunately there is only one way to silence them. That is to keep winning. I agree with WW. I think the way City say nothing to them
is the only way to deal with them at the moment. Feed them nothing to beat us with, let them get it elsewhere. The quietest they have been in years was when were were ripping it up 2013/14 up until Liverpool emerged and looked like they would snatch it away from us. Then the media frenzy started. What a disappointment that was for them and they haven't forgiven us yet.
I think what we are seeing is what the term 'History' really means. Liverpool were very successful in the 70's and 80's and as a result have their ex-players planted all through the media in all it's formats. They are part of the PR machine and get their propaganda out sometimes subtly and sometimes not so. When we first wrestled supremacy away from United their hacks were all over us. United are still fighting us behind closed doors with the rest of their buddies, who incidentally are also their historical enemies (Cartel), but they invested in their success and are no way near as far behind as Liverpool are. They, in my opinion have woken up to what we are doing and have started to spend again and work on us in the FFP/UEFA political side of football to slow us down. At least they can see the hypocrisy of the spending big issue and were trying to use our ban as a time to catch up. Liverpool however did not invest in their success and have never really been successful in the Premiership era, although I know they won the Champs League.
The history is what is being pedalled in the media along with our arrogance etc. etc., but to me they are fast becoming a memory of a big club to anyone over the age of around 35. Anyone under that age probably doesn't know what all the fuss is about because it's 25 years since they won the league.
If we are winning still, which I expect us to do, in the next 5-10 years, then you are going to find a lot of the old guard in the media being replaced with people who are more relevant to the generation watching football. This is where the likes of Vinnie or Zabba or whoever will start to put a very different history across to the public.
I think what happened around the Sterling transfer in particular was vile and would make you lose faith in the modern game. There is no doubt in my mind that there is a dirty campaign against City at the moment and Liverpool being the most vulnerable of the top 5 in England are in a corner and resorting to the lowest of tactics, but I think they will be left behind pretty soon.
World domination is what the Sheik is aiming for and if this transfer window goes the way we hope it does (and it's not over yet), then quite a few clubs and their PR machines will find it hard to gloss over it with spin. That is why I think there is quite a few people working against us this window to try and derail us from our planned acquisitions. They are seriously scared. And so they should be.


You should put spaces between your paragraphs......makes easier reading pal
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1591
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:38 am
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:42 am

I think the club is approaching it correctly.

Sites like mcf.net and search engines today provide enough facilities to root out the 'evil'.

Come the glorious day , they are on record.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Bert Trautmann's Neck
 
Posts: 12412
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:02 am

Mase wrote:Daily Mail on Patrick Roberts signing: "The latest move could spell trouble for the future of the England national team though, with another young prospect tipped for the international stage set to be starved of competitive action."

Are we just going to take this?! It's a fuckin joke!!!!!!

It's probably the same cnuts who were having a go at us last season for having and ageing squad.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
User avatar
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17735
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 pm
Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Re: Football Media

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:54 am

nottsblue wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
SomeMichaelGuy wrote:Even the guardian joining in, it's all about cash-money, not about winning.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blo ... ons-league

'Even' The Guardian. They spew hate against us more than most.

Must say I opened the link with a lot of trepidation. They are renowned as being particularly spiteful to us, though the article wasn't as hideous as I was fearing.



The headline is misleading and the article has a lot of truth in it. It seems it has been piggy backed onto the Delph transfer story.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13249
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Location: Weirdosville.
Supporter of: Us

Re: Football Media

Postby Wooders » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:47 am

It's like this - we have money grabbing sick bastard cunt who betrayed liverpool and is the worst footballer ever and United have "humble" Memphis DePay who is currently "playing down comparisons to Ronaldo"

Both players left their clubs in similar circumstances, except one has had a media campaign where he has been vilified, probably because it's us he is coming to, it's what we're up against
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15100
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:55 pm
Location: UK
Supporter of: City

Re: Football Media

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:52 am

Depay is deffo a humble kid.

Image
Image
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
User avatar
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie
 
Posts: 22495
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:20 pm
Location: Blue Army
Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: brite blu sky, carolina-blue, Midnight Blue, Outcast, Wonderwall and 34 guests