Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:25 am

Outcast wrote:Dare I say it, there is part of me wants Southgate to play Rashford in the semis only for him to fuck it up and unbalance the team crashing England's hopes just to prove a point to the haters out there? I can't wholeheartedly get behind England unitl Razza is a little appreciated and city contingent is recognised for their efforts. How ironic the same media didnt approve of Pep playing from the back and now England adopting his methods or should i say city's ethos of playing from the back? How ironic when Pep managed in Spain in 2010 they won the world cup, same in Germany 2014 and now in England...

I'm the opposite mate, I want to see the best players in the team on merit and what they bring to the system. I'm not arsed about the Dipper and Rag media using Sterling to sell copy, or the know-nowt part-time supporters who have been led like sheep into hating Sterling, I'm only arsed about the good of the team and Raheem makes that team.

It's hypothetical but if Rashford did come in then I'd support that decision as it would be on footballing grounds but as we have seen Sterling one of the first on the team sheet, mainly thanks to Southgate understanding football and not complying with the Rag/Dipper media's narrative.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby aaron bond » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:44 am

Lots of positive articles and comments from players about Raheem in the past few days - Neville, Ferdinand, Crouch, even Vassell and Beckham.

This video is very good too:

Watch on youtube.com
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:47 pm

Fucking Brexit eh ?

What a fuck up ! :lol: :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bournemouthcityfan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:05 am

I’m the media today the Thai boys rescued from the cave are being invited to old trafford. I thought they had suffered enough from cave to a swamp.
Bournemouthcityfan
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sergio Augero

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:02 pm

MUITV giving MOTM Stones a slagging, then Walker - Crimson Clive, Giggs, Keane, Ratboy all piling in blaming him for their winner - which was 90% down to Trippier
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:MUITV giving MOTM Stones a slagging, then Walker - Crimson Clive, Giggs, Keane, Ratboy all piling in blaming him for their winner - which was 90% down to Trippier

Really, a MCFC getting the blame whilst it was a joy for the country?

Turned it off straight away and thought Gibbs (NCIS) was much wiser.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:26 am

No Mention of Rashford being dog shit !
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:41 am

Hazy2 wrote:No Mention of Rashford being dog shit !
but Raggy Sally Nugent continually repeats his name and singles him out as 'the future hope' in every BBC Breakfast bulletin this morning.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby sheblue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:38 am

Dog shit. That's a complement.

Fucking wayyyyyyy out of his depth.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:58 am

sheblue wrote:

Dog shit. That's a complement.

Fucking wayyyyyyy out of his depth.

He has thanked Gareth, I bet he has over-hyped. Would be packed off as not good enough if he did not play for the scum. Wes Brown MK2 NOTHING MORE..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Original Dub

Postby PeterParker » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 pm

Original Dub wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/riyad-mahrez-manchester-city-signing-leicester-pep-guardiola-latest-updates-a8445861.html

No agenda whatsoever.

Neah.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby everyonehatesus » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm

Fuck me what a cunt of an article
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/riyad-mahrez-manchester-city-signing-leicester-pep-guardiola-latest-updates-a8445861.html

No agenda whatsoever.

Neah.

There is absolutely nothing "independent" about that article. The individual responsible seems to be a tarquin.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:00 am

He talks about Leicester fans maturity being impressive in light of this transfer, pity the same can't be said of himself. Chief Sports writer apparently, ycmiu.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:12 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

He talks about Leicester fans maturity being impressive in light of this transfer, pity the same can't be said of himself. Chief Sports writer apparently, ycmiu.

Maturity?! Half of them are writing "Arab money", "he's going to be sitting on the bench", "he was shit anyway"
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:20 am

Mase wrote:

Maturity?! Half of them are writing "Arab money", "he's going to be sitting on the bench", "he was shit anyway"

I've seen both sides, a lot of them are thanking him and wishing him luck, I guess it depends where you look.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:34 am

I read the article from Liew yesterday as it came out and wondered what he was talking about. It seemed a very hurtful piece aimed at getting a rouse from the biggest click-bait audience. Looking at it again it seems that he is just an envious fool who doesn't really understand the way football has been for decades now and yearns for the days of old when any club could win the league. Does anybody remember those days, when clubs were all equal, with the same amount to spend and all have a chance to shoot for glory? Thought not.

Interesting that this type of article comes from him now and not when the likes of the Dippers, then the Rags, were hovering up the best talent in order to give them the best chance to win the league. But then, you'd have to have been around at that time to understand how football has been run for years and not just jump on the bandwagon. Cheesy probably sums the fuckers up as there is no way I could see him as a genuine sports journalist.

Oh, and for an ardent campaigner against racism he goes some ways to damaging his image in that article. His rhetoric and the use of the word 'Shmuck' give way to somehow belittling Mahrez and our club, but who cares, eh, just another bitter article for the Rags and Dippers to debate over.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:44 am

Mase wrote:

I've seen both sides, a lot of them are thanking him and wishing him luck, I guess it depends where you look.

I just looked on one of their fan Instagram accounts mate. There was a fake quote about Mahrez saying Maguire deserves a move and most of the fans weren't looking in to it and ripping Mahrez, when actually he didn't say that.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:51 am

Mase wrote:
Mase wrote:

I just looked on one of their fan Instagram accounts mate. There was a fake quote about Mahrez saying Maguire deserves a move and most of the fans weren't looking in to it and ripping Mahrez, when actually he didn't say that.

Liew also used that line in his article when it was clear it was a loaded question aimed at getting that response. Let's face it, we no longer see real journalism, focusing on the facts, it's now a matter of finding an angle and misquoting (remember the Sky 'Again' misquote over the Sterling gun issue) in order to sway the reader to a certain position.

And sheep will follow.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum