Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Dimples » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:16 pm

johnny crossan wrote:On the 10pm BBC national news last night their Sports Editor Dan Roan' s first question to the new PL Chief Exec was how he was going to stop Manchester City's unfair financial domination ruining the League.

The video clip has now had this question edited out and the interview has been re-ordered, re-titled and tucked away in a corner of their website https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49269545.

Its new headline is about tackling racism - Banned Roan's racist attack on City's owners seems to have gone unnoticed. Hopefully not by City's lawyers.

The associated Q & A hasn't disappeared yet though

"Is Manchester City's financial clout making the league predictable? Manchester City have won back-to-back Premier League titles and became the first English side to win the domestic treble last season

"I'm not concerned. First of all we should celebrate just how brilliant City are and we should celebrate how Pep Guardiola has transformed the squad," says Masters.
"Secondly, I think the Premier League is unpredictable. If they perform well it won't be any surprise if they win the league but they are going to face competition in my view.
"It was a two-horse race last year but you don't know whether someone is going to emerge from the pack.
"It's only three years ago we were celebrating Leicester's unbelievable win in the Premier League. So things can change very quickly."

The facts: We do not have any record transfer fees in the top 20, we do not have the highest wage bill in the PL, we have not spent as much in the last few as the other top teams." The real financially dominant team now and for the last 20 years - our next door neighbour - just broke the record transfee fee this week for the third time. United now have the most expensive squad in premier league history.

I'm hoping that an honest journalist out there will take this story up and nail Roan's repeated lies about us together with the BBC blatant bias chasing rag/scouse mass clicks.


He should be called out but no football fan believes this dribble anymore.
They look at the amount of money the Rags (and Dippers) have spent since Fergie left and laugh when they hear and read the above nonsense.
User avatar
Dimples
Richard Dunne's Own Goals
 
Posts: 909
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:05 am
Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:17 pm

Dimples wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:On the 10pm BBC national news last night their Sports Editor Dan Roan' s first question to the new PL Chief Exec was how he was going to stop Manchester City's unfair financial domination ruining the League.

The video clip has now had this question edited out and the interview has been re-ordered, re-titled and tucked away in a corner of their website https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49269545.

Its new headline is about tackling racism - Banned Roan's racist attack on City's owners seems to have gone unnoticed. Hopefully not by City's lawyers.

The associated Q & A hasn't disappeared yet though

"Is Manchester City's financial clout making the league predictable? Manchester City have won back-to-back Premier League titles and became the first English side to win the domestic treble last season

"I'm not concerned. First of all we should celebrate just how brilliant City are and we should celebrate how Pep Guardiola has transformed the squad," says Masters.
"Secondly, I think the Premier League is unpredictable. If they perform well it won't be any surprise if they win the league but they are going to face competition in my view.
"It was a two-horse race last year but you don't know whether someone is going to emerge from the pack.
"It's only three years ago we were celebrating Leicester's unbelievable win in the Premier League. So things can change very quickly."

The facts: We do not have any record transfer fees in the top 20, we do not have the highest wage bill in the PL, we have not spent as much in the last few as the other top teams." The real financially dominant team now and for the last 20 years - our next door neighbour - just broke the record transfee fee this week for the third time. United now have the most expensive squad in premier league history.

I'm hoping that an honest journalist out there will take this story up and nail Roan's repeated lies about us together with the BBC blatant bias chasing rag/scouse mass clicks.


He should be called out but no football fan believes this dribble anymore.
They look at the amount of money the Rags (and Dippers) have spent since Fergie left and laugh when they hear and read the above nonsense.

I wouldn't be too sure on that. People believe what read/hear. In the grand scheme of things it's not a huge issue but it does require attention. For a BBC journalist to still print this speaks volumes about the organisation itself and its target audience
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:13 am

Pardew basically saying on Goals on Sunday that City are the model to follow and we've done everything we need to behind the scenes correctly.
Mase
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23280
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Football Media

Postby s1ty m » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:37 am

Mase wrote:Pardew basically saying on Goals on Sunday that City are the model to follow and we've done everything we need to behind the scenes correctly.


He also said we have the highest net spend of the last 3-4 years. I also think he talked utter shite most of the time and came across as not particularly bright. Not a likeable man, IMHO.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
User avatar
s1ty m
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets
 
Posts: 5169
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:44 pm
Location: uk

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:40 am

s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:Pardew basically saying on Goals on Sunday that City are the model to follow and we've done everything we need to behind the scenes correctly.


He also said we have the highest net spend of the last 3-4 years. I also think he talked utter shite most of the time and came across as not particularly bright. Not a likeable man, IMHO.


Yeah he's a prick 99% of the time. When he called Pellers an "old cunt" on the touchline that showed what kind of person he is.
Mase
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23280
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:13 pm

s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:Pardew basically saying on Goals on Sunday that City are the model to follow and we've done everything we need to behind the scenes correctly.


He also said we have the highest net spend of the last 3-4 years. I also think he talked utter shite most of the time and came across as not particularly bright. Not a likeable man, IMHO.
He is a blister but we are Net Spend Champions too according to the krauts!
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:25 pm

This is why nett spend doesn't matter according to the dippers!

https://anfieldindex.com/30536/fsg-net- ... ading.html
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills
 
Posts: 6475
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:39 pm

We have a shit net spend because we don't sell our best players for hundreds of millions cause we're shit and they don't wanna be here. I'd rather never come close to being the net spend champs
Mase
Agueroooo's 93:20 League Winner
 
Posts: 23280
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: The North Pole.
Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
s1ty m wrote:
Mase wrote:Pardew basically saying on Goals on Sunday that City are the model to follow and we've done everything we need to behind the scenes correctly.


He also said we have the highest net spend of the last 3-4 years. I also think he talked utter shite most of the time and came across as not particularly bright. Not a likeable man, IMHO.
He is a blister but we are Net Spend Champions too according to the krauts!
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier ... bewerb/GB1

Money well spent.

And in three years we will have a lot of spending dropping off those lists.

Wouldn’t change it. The other clubs have plenty of catching up to do now
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:10 pm

I think the media have been quite complimentary of us of late, most probably because they'll look like absolute chumps otherwise. It's the internet trolls and paid media that are still trying to besmirch our name but that's just down pure jealousy or them trying to earn a living from our rivals and detractors.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 37790
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:08 pm

The Liverpool Echo says: LFC rivals City criticised for continued use of controversial tactic.

I couldn’t bring myself to click on it so I don’t know who the critic is or what the tactic is !
User avatar
Hutch's Shoulder
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3967
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:55 am
Location: Wild country near Glossop
Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:15 pm

We have an awful way to play football apparently. You couldn't make it up.

Liverpool Echo will have a City edition soon
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15254
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The Liverpool Echo says: LFC rivals City criticised for continued use of controversial tactic.

I couldn’t bring myself to click on it so I don’t know who the critic is or what the tactic is !

As a rule of thumb, if the name John Aldridge crops up anywhere, dismiss the article out of hand. It will just be the rant of a bitter, twisted idiot which makes no sense, coherence or an actual point. If he were an animal he would have put to sleep a long time ago
nottsblue
Alan Oakes' 668 Games
 
Posts: 17911
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:46 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:The Liverpool Echo says: LFC rivals City criticised for continued use of controversial tactic.

I couldn’t bring myself to click on it so I don’t know who the critic is or what the tactic is !

As a rule of thumb, if the name John Aldridge crops up anywhere, dismiss the article out of hand. It will just be the rant of a bitter, twisted idiot which makes no sense, coherence or an actual point. If he were an animal he would have put to sleep a long time ago

If he were an animal he would have been more intelligent from birth...
Bluemoon4610
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Football Media

Postby dazby » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:41 pm

It should be about Pellers having a gripe about our tactical fouling.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
User avatar
dazby
Allison's Big Fat Cigar
 
Posts: 18864
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:02 am
Location: Brisbane Australia
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: BendyMendy

Re: Football Media

Postby bigblue » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 am

dazby wrote:It should be about Pellers having a gripe about our tactical fouling.


That quote was completely made up
User avatar
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash
 
Posts: 10704
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Supporter of: Holism
My favourite player is: Bernie Silver

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:52 am

Looking at the Beebe thus morning they have red scouse third but Norwich not third bottom? Turning into a liverpool echo site. If it continues like this, they will soon be showing the table from 2nd down
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Football Media

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:52 am

salford city wrote:Looking at the Beebe thus morning they have red scouse third but Norwich not third bottom? Turning into a liverpool echo site. If it continues like this, they will soon be showing the table from 2nd down

That's because of goals scored, scouse 2 scored 4, so ahead of Brighton and Burnley, Norwich scored 1, so ahead of Southampton and Watford.
Bluemoon4610
Darius Vassell's Composure
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Football Media

Postby stupot » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:53 am

That's because their 4-1 puts them above the 3-0 winners on goals scored but Norwich losing 4-1 puts them above the sides that lost 3-0 on goals scored.
stupot
Nedum Onuoha's A-levels
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:58 am

stupot wrote:That's because their 4-1 puts them above the 3-0 winners on goals scored but Norwich losing 4-1 puts them above the sides that lost 3-0 on goals scored.


OK I get it now & so that's fair enough I can follow the logic of the goal that Norwich scored
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
De Jong's Tackle
 
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AFKAE, Bluemoon4610, city72, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Mase, salford city and 22 guests