Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby PeterParker » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:24 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Why was the Elephant Man singling out City celebrating the other night when he was talking about players mixing when they score goals? Were no other teams doing this? Was there any reason to mention any teams specifically at all? Or is he working an angle to make City look the bad boys again?


To be fair to him, he doesn't really know a team celebration looks like when he barely gets a point from fixtures.
Image
User avatar
PeterParker
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure
 
Posts: 14852
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Bucharest
Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: Football Media

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:38 am

PeterParker wrote:
ayrshireblue wrote:Why was the Elephant Man singling out City celebrating the other night when he was talking about players mixing when they score goals? Were no other teams doing this? Was there any reason to mention any teams specifically at all? Or is he working an angle to make City look the bad boys again?


To be fair to him, he doesn't really know a team celebration looks like when he barely gets a point from fixtures.


When I watched that cuddle I knew some idiot would have something to say. Surely they are all tested every 5 minutes?
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15988
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Football Media

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 am

Dimples wrote:Penalties - the latest misrepresentation

Sky showing a table called 'PL penalties awarded since JK became Liverpool manager'
1st Leicester(45) 2nd Man City(43) 3rd Man Utd(41) 4th Crystal Palace(36) 5th Liverpool(30)

Zero context, just the counts which suits the agenda.



Context is everything.


Strikes me that City will have been in the box 4 or 5 times more than the rags, but similar number of penalties
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15988
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Football Media

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 am

Dimples wrote:Penalties - the latest misrepresentation

Sky showing a table called 'PL penalties awarded since JK became Liverpool manager'
1st Leicester(45) 2nd Man City(43) 3rd Man Utd(41) 4th Crystal Palace(36) 5th Liverpool(30)

Zero context, just the counts which suits the agenda.



Context is everything.


Strikes me that City will have been in the box 4 or 5 times more than the rags, but similar number of penalties
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
User avatar
john@staustell
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes
 
Posts: 15988
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:35 am
Location: St Austell
Supporter of: City

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:36 am

john@staustell wrote:
Dimples wrote:Penalties - the latest misrepresentation

Sky showing a table called 'PL penalties awarded since JK became Liverpool manager'
1st Leicester(45) 2nd Man City(43) 3rd Man Utd(41) 4th Crystal Palace(36) 5th Liverpool(30)

Zero context, just the counts which suits the agenda.



Context is everything.


Strikes me that City will have been in the box 4 or 5 times more than the rags, but similar number of penalties

Yes.
Said the exact same to a mate the other day. Last season and a half we've probably had three or four times as many touches in the opposition penalty area than the rags, but have had three times less penalties. The law of averages suggests a huge anomaly here
nottsblue
Roberto Mancini's Scarf
 
Posts: 20835
Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:17 pm
Location: Nottingham
Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:27 pm

ayrshireblue wrote:Why was the Elephant Man singling out City celebrating the other night when he was talking about players mixing when they score goals? Were no other teams doing this? Was there any reason to mention any teams specifically at all? Or is he working an angle to make City look the bad boys again?

Because he’s a Rag cunt who would have been crying into his United duvet after the Derby thrashing, closely followed by all the other dirty Scum loving fuckers

They’re hurting, they need to lash out and it just comes across as crass. I notice that there were a few who came out after that game screaming for the celebrations to stop. Coincidence, I think not.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40521
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Dimples wrote:Penalties - the latest misrepresentation

Sky showing a table called 'PL penalties awarded since JK became Liverpool manager'
1st Leicester(45) 2nd Man City(43) 3rd Man Utd(41) 4th Crystal Palace(36) 5th Liverpool(30)

Zero context, just the counts which suits the agenda.



Context is everything.


Strikes me that City will have been in the box 4 or 5 times more than the rags, but similar number of penalties

Yes.
Said the exact same to a mate the other day. Last season and a half we've probably had three or four times as many touches in the opposition penalty area than the rags, but have had three times less penalties. The law of averages suggests a huge anomaly here

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Elementary, my dear Watson.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40521
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:02 pm

Good piece my Mike Keegan of DM, calling out Sky’s lack of impartiality before Saints v dippers game last Monday -:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/other ... annel.html
Harry Dowd scored
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:01 pm
Location: Londonderry
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:47 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Good piece my Mike Keegan of DM, calling out Sky’s lack of impartiality before Saints v dippers game last Monday -:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/other ... annel.html


Nice to see someone calling this out in the media. I haven't seen anything about his house being robbed yet though?
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Football Media

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

Guess what picture they used to illustrate the article. Yep Foden scoring for city.

A scumbag media. Not putting a link as not giving them the clicks. Twats.
User avatar
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain
 
Posts: 29603
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:58 pm
Location: Sale
Supporter of: Gods own team

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:05 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

Guess what picture they used to illustrate the article. Yep Foden scoring for city.

A scumbag media. Not putting a link as not giving them the clicks. Twats.


and the picture!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13285
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:33 pm

zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

Guess what picture they used to illustrate the article. Yep Foden scoring for city.

A scumbag media. Not putting a link as not giving them the clicks. Twats.


and the picture!

Image
Image
User avatar
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals
 
Posts: 7132
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:25 am
Location: The Barcelona of The North
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Re: Football Media

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:02 am

johnny crossan wrote:
zuricity wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Daily mail article on project big picture and the gulf between EFL and PL. Article quite rightly calls out United and Liverpool for their collusion.

Guess what picture they used to illustrate the article. Yep Foden scoring for city.

A scumbag media. Not putting a link as not giving them the clicks. Twats.


and the picture!

Image

Fuckin hilarious - if it wasn't so true.
Bluemoon4610
Tevez's Golfing Holiday
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:01 pm
Location: County Durham
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:04 am

Looking on the beeb this morning and the picture alongside their non celebration piece against covid is of which team..?
Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:39 am

salford city wrote:Looking on the beeb this morning and the picture alongside their non celebration piece against covid is of which team..?
Answers on a postcard to the address at the foot of your screen


Poch has now got the Klopp too ! has to isolate after his first successful cup run as a manager ! :lol: :lol:
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent
 
Posts: 13285
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: Zuerich,ch

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:30 am

Just read a couple of paragraphs of Danny Murphy's analysis on the beeb. Really matters to the scousers this game and alwsys is THE game of the season at anfield. The players get up for it all week and want to play in the game. All well and good but how come the red shite have (probably?) the best record at anfield of any team going back to the 70's
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Football Media

Postby Kippax Sean » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:51 am

It's been said before but our clubs legal team should be making more noise regarding the media and it's commitment to put out negative bullshit at every opportunity.
Kippax Sean
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:10 am
Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Kun Aguero / Neil mcnab

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:23 pm

Await incoming.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40521
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Re: Football Media

Postby salford city » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:31 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Await incoming.


Bound to be jyst a blip after their heroics on sunday
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles
 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:21 pm

Re: Football Media

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:36 pm

salford city wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Await incoming.


Bound to be jyst a blip after their heroics on sunday

There’ll be some form of controversy to give the gimps a glimmer. Just wondering if we’ll see headlines where they try to link how we’re being given preferential treatment. Imagine that after all we’ve seen this season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
User avatar
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision
 
Posts: 40521
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:14 am
Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], nottsblue, s1ty m, Two's Kompany, Yukscore and 44 guests