PL Transfers Overview (Mark Blue Army style)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: PL Transfers Overview (Mark Blue Army style)

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:01 am

Updated with Downing to Middlesbrough. Didn't see that one coming. I thought he was great for the Hammers last season.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:23 pm

mr_nool wrote:Updated with Downing to Middlesbrough. Didn't see that one coming. I thought he was great for the Hammers last season.

Mr_Nool, the transfer is likely due to Stewart Downing being born in Middlesbrough and he spent his entire early career with Middlesbrough FC... So, I guess he was pulled back to his family roots! Shall we take bets that Stewart Downing won't be selected for the England team again, now that he is out of the Premier League?

For going Downing to the Championship... there's no place like home!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:00 pm

I'm aware of his Boro connection mate. I just thought he had a few more years in the top flight in him before making the switch. Codes to him for wanting to give arguably his best years to his boyhood club.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:33 pm

mr_nool wrote:I'm aware of his Boro connection mate. I just thought he had a few more years in the top flight in him before making the switch. Codes to him for wanting to give arguably his best years to his boyhood club.

In West Ham mgr. Bilic's interview, he said that he had pleaded with Downing to stay... However, Downing will be turning 31 next week, so Stewart couldn't refuse Boro's offer of a 5 year contract, at his age. Like you, I think that he should have stayed at Villa and in the Premier League.

Much sadder than Stewart "Downing" his own career, is Carlos Tevez ending an international career and playing at the top levels of football, just to re-live his fantasy of playing for his childhood team, Boca Juniors! I could understand that decision, if Carlito was a tired 37, instead of 31 and still playing some of his best football ever!... What a waste of such incredible talent! I hope this fantasy of Carlito's makes him happy, after all...
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:28 am

Jordy Clasie , i was kinda hoping we will take look at this player.Smart buy from Ronald Kouman.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:17 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I'm aware of his Boro connection mate. I just thought he had a few more years in the top flight in him before making the switch. Codes to him for wanting to give arguably his best years to his boyhood club.

In West Ham mgr. Bilic's interview, he said that he had pleaded with Downing to stay... However, Downing will be turning 31 next week, so Stewart couldn't refuse Boro's offer of a 5 year contract, at his age. Like you, I think that he should have stayed at Villa and in the Premier League.

Much sadder than Stewart "Downing" his own career, is Carlos Tevez ending an international career and playing at the top levels of football, just to re-live his fantasy of playing for his childhood team, Boca Juniors! I could understand that decision, if Carlito was a tired 37, instead of 31 and still playing some of his best football ever!... What a waste of such incredible talent! I hope this fantasy of Carlito's makes him happy, after all...

Tevez said he wanted to do that when he was still playing for us, 3, 4 years ago ! I guess he was really homesick and finally got to fulfil his dream. Gotta respect that he's doing it while still in top form !
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:25 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
Tevez said he wanted to do that when he was still playing for us, 3, 4 years ago ! I guess he was really homesick and finally got to fulfil his dream. Gotta respect that he's doing it while still in top form !

DubaiManCityFan:
My apologies for straying off the orignal thread topic of PL transfers. Stewart Downing & Carlos Tevez both made personal career choices based on sentimental, lifelong loyalty to their boyhood teams. I admire their unswerving loyalty and devotion to their respective home towns. However, I don't respect or agree with making that choice at 31 years of age, when both are at the peak of their careers. It only makes sense if both Tevez & Downing are angling for future jobs with their clubs, after they retire from playing football. I don't begrudge either of them their priorities of personal happiness & the comforts of home... Even though I would never make that same choice myself!

If anyone is interested, here's a link to a photo-laden DM feature about Carlos returning to Boca Juniors:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adona.html
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:51 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

DubaiManCityFan:
My apologies for straying off the orignal thread topic of PL transfers. Stewart Downing & Carlos Tevez both made personal career choices based on sentimental, lifelong loyalty to their boyhood teams. I admire their unswerving loyalty and devotion to their respective home towns. However, I don't respect or agree with making that choice at 31 years of age, when both are at the peak of their careers. It only makes sense if both Tevez & Downing are angling for future jobs with their clubs, after they retire from playing football. I don't begrudge either of them their priorities of personal happiness & the comforts of home... Even though I would never make that same choice myself!

If anyone is interested, here's a link to a photo-laden DM feature about Carlos returning to Boca Juniors:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... adona.html

All about opinions.
If I was in a similar situation as Tevez, having had Very successful career and having made a fortune in football I would move mountains to play for City whilst I am still good. Not when you're past it and can't really help your beloved team.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:All about opinions.
If I was in a similar situation as Tevez, having had Very successful career and having made a fortune in football I would move mountains to play for City whilst I am still good. Not when you're past it and can't really help your beloved team.

Moonchesteri, why would we assume that Carlos Tevez won't be playing at a top level at age 36, considering he is taking better physical care of himself now, than when he played for City? Sorry, but in my humble opinion, I think it is a waste of Tevez's special talent to go from Juventus and playing with some of the best footballers in the world, in the CL...to Boca Juniors, whose top ambition is to beat River Plate and to qualify for the Copa Libertadores!

However, I'm infinitely more concerned and distressed that English players like Micah Richards and James Milner felt that they needed to leave City, in order to guarantee adequate playing time, so that they can advance their careers! Micah was particularly heartbroken to leave City, but felt it was the only way to salvage his career. City has now been branded a club that can hinder an English player's career, by the team's numerous detractors. So, City's bosses & the PR team need to work much harder to improve this situation.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:08 am

I do get what you're saying as I too would have liked to see him in top European leagues for couple of more years.

But I love it that he decided to give some of his best years to his club instead of whoever pays the most.

I would personally want to do the same. If I could make City a better team than we are, I'd say in a heartbeat fuck Juventus and their quest for more scudettos/CL glory etc
(whether we would be challenging for title or relegation battle is irrelevant, (as it seems to be for Tevez))
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:06 am

Moonchesteri wrote:I do get what you're saying as I too would have liked to see him in top European leagues for couple of more years.

But I love it that he decided to give some of his best years to his club instead of whoever pays the most.

I would personally want to do the same. If I could make City a better team than we are, I'd say in a heartbeat fuck Juventus and their quest for more scudettos/CL glory etc
(whether we would be challenging for title or relegation battle is irrelevant, (as it seems to be for Tevez))

Moonchesteri, so you'll be perfectly OK to see Sergio Aguero listen to his father's wish to have Sergio return to Argentina and play for Independiente, in 2018, when he will be 30 years old?! The career of a footballer is relatively very short. So, it's extra important to make this level of success last, as long as possible.

Will Lionel Messi not be a legend in Argentina, if he doesn't quit Barca at age 31, so that he can return to Newell's Old Boys? When you have the extraordinary talent of Tevez, Aguero and Messi, why settle for just being a hero in Argentina, when you can change lives around the world?!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:59 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
Moonchesteri, so you'll be perfectly OK to see Sergio Aguero listen to his father's wish to have Sergio return to Argentina and play for Independiente, in 2018, when he will be 30 years old?! The career of a footballer is relatively very short. So, it's extra important to make this level of success last, as long as possible.

Will Lionel Messi not be a legend in Argentina, if he doesn't quit Barca at age 31, so that he can return to Newell's Old Boys? When you have the extraordinary talent of Tevez, Aguero and Messi, why settle for just being a hero in Argentina, when you can change lives around the world?!

Sorry I have to agree with Moonchesteri on this one, if you have lived & breathed football from your earliest memory then I can easily see that more than likely playing for the team you love would be part of that dream. To become a legend at said club over money & in Tevez case in particular he has earnt more than enough so far to be more comfortable for the rest of his life in Argentina.Given the chance if I was in his position I would do exactly the same.

Downing, isn't quite the same IMO, his could be for anyone of a number of reasons maybe he has a family member who is seriously ill and wants to be on the doorstep. Maybe he's wanting too, to become a legend at the club which means the most to him for as long as he can remember and doing so, making his grandads dreams come true at the same time. Downing obviously hasn't played truly at the same level as Tevez but I'm sure he's earnt enough as well to live comfortably for the rest of his life assuming he has invested wisely. Plus houses in Middlesbrough are a fraction of those in London ;-)

Loyalty to boyhood dreams is something sadly lacking in this country today due to the material world we now live in.

Let them live their dream rather than "depriving the rest of the world"

What is that banner say at the ETIHAD....... We dream to play in that shirt, today God chose you, play like we dream
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:30 am

CTID Hants wrote:
Sorry I have to agree with Moonchesteri on this one, if you have lived & breathed football from your earliest memory then I can easily see that more than likely playing for the team you love would be part of that dream. To become a legend at said club over money & in Tevez case in particular he has earnt more than enough so far to be more comfortable for the rest of his life in Argentina. Given the chance if I was in his position I would do exactly the same.

Loyalty to boyhood dreams is something sadly lacking in this country today due to the material world we now live in.
Let them live their dream rather than "depriving the rest of the world"
What is that banner say at the ETIHAD....... We dream to play in that shirt, today God chose you, play like we dream

CTID Hants, yes, since Carlos Tevez has only ever professed a desire to play for Boca Jrs & Argentina again, his own personal happiness has always counted more to him, than his career. I do still admire Carlos as a player. However, I have a much greater admiration for Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta, who have embraced Manchester City, as their second home and have adapted to a new language and culture, which Carlos Tevez seemed incapable of & unwilling to do. It is infinitely more difficult to be successful in a country thousands of miles from your home and then, become local heroes and ambassadors of Manchester! What Sergio, Pablo & Martin have accomplished is far more impressive to me, than Carlos returning to his childhood team, while still at his peak as a footballer.
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:06 am

Updated with Stambouli from Spurs to PSG + a few other minor updates.

Did I miss something or is Benteke still to join souce1 officially?
And what is the deal with van Penis - have scum and Fernerbache com to an agreement yet?
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:09 am

mr_nool wrote:Updated with Stambouli from Spurs to PSG + a few other minor updates.

And what is the deal with van Penis - have scum and Fernerbache com to an agreement yet?

benteke still ongoing
van pussy is a turk

cheers nooly
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:17 am

Wonderwall wrote:
mr_nool wrote:Updated with Stambouli from Spurs to PSG + a few other minor updates.

benteke still ongoing
van pussy is a turk

cheers nooly

Funny thing is that I can't find any news reports saying that the van Pervert deal is official since the new last week that Fenerbache had presented him even though the two clubs hadn't come to a final agreement. Oh well, I'll put it on the list anyway. Don't see the deal falling through now.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:28 am

mr_nool wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

benteke still ongoing
van pussy is a turk

cheers nooly

Funny thing is that I can't find any news reports saying that the van Pervert deal is official since the new last week that Fenerbache had presented him even though the two clubs hadn't come to a final agreement. Oh well, I'll put it on the list anyway. Don't see the deal falling through now.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/07/20/r ... ne-wenger/

have a look at that
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:28 am

Updated with Patrick Bamford to Crystal Palace (loan from Chelsea).
Quite a good move for the lad and for Palace, I would think. he was loaned out to Middlesbrough last year, scored 19 goals, and was voted Championship Player of the Year.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueinBosnia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:15 am

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:CTID Hants, yes, since Carlos Tevez has only ever professed a desire to play for Boca Jrs & Argentina again, his own personal happiness has always counted more to him, than his career. I do still admire Carlos as a player. However, I have a much greater admiration for Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta, who have embraced Manchester City, as their second home and have adapted to a new language and culture, which Carlos Tevez seemed incapable of & unwilling to do. It is infinitely more difficult to be successful in a country thousands of miles from your home and then, become local heroes and ambassadors of Manchester! What Sergio, Pablo & Martin have accomplished is far more impressive to me, than Carlos returning to his childhood team, while still at his peak as a footballer.

Some migrant workers want to assimilate in their new country, while some want to make money for their families and then return to their country of origin, either to retire or to contribute to their local community - it happens at all levels, from factory workers to doctors. Why should football be any different? Tevez has always seemed to be incredibly hometown- and family-oriented (a bit too much so, if you ask me), and I respect the choice he made.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby mr_nool » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Miguel Britos to the Hornets (from Napoli).
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum